It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence haiku

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Existence life death

Learn experience mature

Age ascend morph grow

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 1XKINET0

"The phone is ringing and here I linger

watch out butt

here comes my finger"

Beavis and Butthead

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Don't eat Yellow snow.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Fools and their money are soon parted.
edit on 3-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Don't eat Yellow snow.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

The quote is perfect for your haiku it is from the squidbillies

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

First time I've heard of "squidbillies" Brotherman which is strange considering it seems to be 12 seasons deep, is it any good?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

First time I've heard of "squidbillies" Brotherman which is strange considering it seems to be 12 seasons deep, is it any good?

The first 3 seasons are amazing for sure, comedy gold and great satire based on stereotypes.

officer "Your under arrest for possession of a moon shine still"
Squidbilly " that ain't no damn moon shine still thats a meth lab!" "Come back tomorrow with another warrant"

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm just about done with the likes of "American Dad" and "Family Guy".

Same # slightly different warping paper and all that jazz.

Might give "squidbillies" a go, cheers for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You don't really know what Squidbillies is based on.

There is a place in the Georgia mountains called Dawsonville. I live a few hours from there. Many years ago there was a little government project. It started out testing materials and mitary equipment for resistance to radiation.

To do this, there was a nuclear reactor in a hole in the ground. They would park train cars near the hole with test samples on them and then lift the reactor out of the hole. With no shielding they would run the reactor out in the air for the tests.

They would then lower the reactor back down into the hole and see what happened to the samples. Some samples were as simple as wood planks. Others were whole tanks, other equipment and vehicles.

Then in another experiment, they tested the atomic jet engines for aircraft.

It is all cleaned up.now except for a couple of fenced in buildings where the radioactive material was stored. The rest of the area was turned into a general use and horse park.

I went there a few years ago to have a look. Nothing above background readings on the geigher counter in the public areas.

The underground facility seemed to be collapsing at the time I was there as some roads and trails were closed because of sink holes.

The underground tunnels leading to the carpark and control facilities were built under or almost under the roads. The underground buildings were built on the reactor side of the main road.

If you look up Dawsonville on a map, the open area southwest of the town is where it is located. It is now I think owned by Hartsfield Airport Athorities. I think I remember a school just outside the old perimeter fence.

You can see the fenced in hot room building from the main parking area. The parking area is the foundations of the warehouse buildings for the test materials. The atomic jet engine was tested a little northwest of the main reactor.

Now, it was said that the deer would glow in the dark at the time when the tests were going on. This is where all the mutation stories came from and ended up being made into land squids as a cartoon.

Another case where the legend is very much based on fact.

Oh, none of the people hiking, riding around on bicycles and horses knew any of this. I asked several if they knew what used to be there.

Edit: I found a video on this I had not seen before.

edit on 8 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Half empty? Half full?
What you see is what you get!
A glass of water.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

Half empty? Half full?
What you see is what you get!
A glass of water.

No. A glass is never half full.

It is half full of drink and half full of breathing mix. Some you see and some you don't.

Without the pressure of the breathing mix, the drink will simply boil away quickly and the glass will then be empty.
edit on 8 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

- If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, I assume those other “genders” were pulled out of Uranus.

- Weird how no one in coal-burning smog filled China seems to be worried about a "climate crisis..."

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hellfires rain down on Kabul
Hellfire reigns, down in Kabul
Gotalight?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1XKINET0

Existence life death

Learn experience mature

Age ascend morph grow

Nice work, all words count
You should keep writing your good
And I mean that,friend

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You should do a thread on that.

I like when I walk into a thread for one thing. And then stumble upon a gem post like yours that sparks the mind.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

A leaf falls from the tree and settles slowly onto the crimson snow.

Last night there was noise, fear and death.

Today the snow is clean except for a patch that is crimson beneath the overhanging boughs of a tree.

The young samurai lies dead decapitated lying there with a halo of red were head used to be but if you look closer you see that it is not a man but a young woman dressed as a Samurai her head a few feet away hair loose in a black fan around it abandoned by the head hunter whom in shock had realized too late his crime for here was the daughter of his Lord.

She had run away and hidden among the common soldiers wanting to join her father in the battle against his rival, a battle the Lord had won but this head hunter in his greed had slain her when she was alone, she whom he had mistakenly thought to be one of the petty soldiers of his own sides army to make up for his lack of trophy heads to present to his Lord.

For whom would know which side it was from as after all a head was a head and it was only his claim that they were the heads of the enemy that mattered but as he had stood looking at her head to inspect it and seeing the truth as he turned the pretty face to look into it's dead eye's he had dropped it in shock and fled.

So there she stared her large black eyes open in shock, her hair fallen loose, her pale beauty now dead like the leaf that had fallen next to it in the bitter snow of the crime.

Honour even among they whom thought themselves the most honourable was often a lie as indeed it often is among the narcissistic that claim they are better than others around them, cruel to there captives, cruel to there own people and without right of birth or having earned the right killing the poor on a whim or if the poor did not bow in fear of them such was feudal japan at times in it's history, a time that gave rise to some clan's of the Ninja to fight against the evil Ronin and even full samurai that often terrorized and plagued the people.

To have honour one must live, one must face with courage the problem's that seem to be unclimbable that seem to be impossible and overcome them.

It is NOT how a person fall's that defines them and suicide is never the answer but simply a giving up, a surrender the most dishonourable of all thing's.

NO it is how a person get's back up that defines them.

No one wrote a Haiku for the young woman, a peasant after looting her corpse eventually buried her after the army had moved on and they picked up what was left of there own lives, along with the body's of many other's left to rot by the victors of that battle, one of many forgotten tales from a dark time not only there but in much of the world.

And the Lord, well he never knew what had befallen his daughter of even that she had stolen away among his soldiers.

The man who killed her lived to a ripe old age leaving many descendants to hide his lie and dishonour while better men lay dead in the dirt.

Life is NOT a fairy tale, thing's go bad, good people lose, bad people win and the world is ruled by evil men.

But still we hope for a better world to come.

The true Haiku will never stop being written, it is called life and yet among this darkness there is light, among the weed's a flower made all the more precious by it's rarity on occasion blooms.

edit on 3-8-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes it is my friend
Finding new ways to exist
Is the way forward

Welcome sir. Apart from your regular investigations around here you may like this little diversion of a thread.
The Acronym Game

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Squidbillies fan and never knew the back story. Deep, now I understand all the radioactive references.

originally posted by: M5xaz

- Weird how no one in coal-burning smog filled China seems to be worried about a "climate crisis..."

I postulated maybe the CCP/CPC isn't concerned because they have built D.U.M.Bs (Deep Underground Military Bases) for the CCP/CPC family to go into if something happens leaving the Chinese people not recognized as family to deal with the potential issue.

a reply to: Mike Stivic

Danke Mike Stivic.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I sure as # do know about the billies, my sister lived in barnesville ga for years lol thats where i heard about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Another lesson on how greed drove the supposed honorable astray, to the point where the supposedly honorable would hunt non-combatants of his own team. And further disrespecting the one he supposedly honored by not telling of the accident with his daughter.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thanks TM, I will check it out

top topics

join