It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 - Changing The Definitions Of Recession And Vaccine To Fit Narrative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can't help but notice the similarities between TPTB literally having the definition of the word vaccine and now recession changed to fit in with their narrative. This is literally George Orwell territory.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

In response to apparently unwelcome economic news, supporters of Team Biden swooped in to change the definition of "recession" on Wikipedia, finally prompting the overlords at the so-called "online encyclopedia" to block users from revising the page.

The page was altered at least 47 times over a roughly 24-hour period, with an administrator locking unregistered users out until August.

Vaccine:

Previously: “The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease”; post-mandated mRNA vaccine: “The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.”)

Recession (updated with propaganda):

Reports noted that a Wikipedia user known as “Soibangla” edited the “recession” page to remove references to the standard definition of the term — two consecutive quarters of negative growth. The user added a line which read: “There is no global consensus on the definition of a recession.”

Not only do they have to censor everything, they have to change the literal definition of words to be able to control the sheeple. Imagine if this insane amount of propaganda and censorship wasn't in place--how fast people would wake up.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

"Sheeple'?

How patronising.

Wikipedia?

OK.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the 3rd amendment always have the stipulation of not housing soldiers during times of peace? I saw this first back in 2012 when I read a school district was revising their history books.

I felt I was witnessing a crime, or at the least a slippery slope. Just changing one word or couple of words, such as immunity to protection, can have a snowball effect of problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JefeFeesh

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law. Source

Might be my own little Mandela Memory Hole but that reads correctly to me. And the Constitution was one of my areas on the Academic Quiz Team (damn nerd) when I was in high school.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
People as a whole only want good news and on top of that they don't want to work to hear the truth about anything. As long as that echo chamber keeps giving the masses what they yearn for there is really nothing to be done.

In all honesty the people as a whole should pick up there guns and march in Washington and do what's gotta be done. If we truly believed in our freedom and we truly believe that those who represent us are now against us then both sides need to put aside petty differences for 10 minutes, organize, then together elect a new government. We can only continue on with compromise. But in all honesty that won't happen. Why? Because again people just want to hear only good news and believe what the government says when it's their personal choice of government. I'll leave you with this:

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."
-Soren Kierkegaard

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

"Sheeple'?

How patronising.

Wikipedia?

OK.

People that support pharma profits over the lives of children deserve as much ridicule as can be heaped up on them.

The facts are not in dispute, just the excuses you use to explain them away.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Maybe it is me who is experiencing Mandela effect, yet I felt very angry about it like I heard it for the first time. I was always a reader and did well in class, especially my history and government ones, so I was shocked and adamant that I was reading a revised edition of the amendment.

It felt like a test or a challenge, a "did anyone notice or react?" sort of coincidence. I found it interesting that out of the graphics they could have used, they used that specific text to showcase their new study material. Yet, I don't see a huge, none really, issue being brought up about this, so it's been aggravating.

top topics

join