It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Adds Twist to British Intel Saga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
By BETH GARDINER
Associated Press Writer

SOUTHMOOR, England (AP) -- The controversy over intelligence used to justify the Iraqi war took a dark turn when police found a body, thought to be that of a soft-spoken government weapons expert who found himself at the center of the storm.

Here's the rest of the story:
customwire.ap.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Can you say "Foul Play". This looks fishy to me. What do you guys think? Was there Foul play involved in his death? I wouldn't rule it out.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Crisis for the Blair government

Michael White, Richard Norton-Taylor, Steven Morris and Matt Wells
Saturday July 19, 2003
The Guardian

Tony Blair's government was last night shaken to its foundations by the apparent suicide of Dr David Kelly, the backroom Whitehall scientist caught in the lethal crossfire over weapons of mass destruction between Downing Street and the BBC.

politics.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Suicide? Really? Im not buying it. Too many people had motive to want this guy dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It can be when you know a little about the whole situation.
I've been watching how this has been developing, and heres what i've gathered.
In an interview tony blair said "I'm deeply saddened for david and his family. He has done an immense amount of good for this country, and i'm sure would have done so again in the future"
Now that sounds sincre enough, until you see the interview, where Mr blair says he will make one short statement and that will be all. (no lengthy investigation, the MOD predict to have it wrapped up in 2 months tops)
Whats worse is Mr Kelly was also meant to be very well guarded, not just physically but also his identity as he liased with the MOD on intelligence for the iraq investigations, yet he had just been thrown up infront of a commitee to answer various questions publicly.
Also he was one of the main suspects to have leaked information to the press about the governments "sexed up" iraq documents.
These documents were the main leverage to getting the uk invloved in the iraq war, as they stated how iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction, and also how they could prepare and launch these weapons at the uk in 45 minutes. The problem with this document was that it's basis wasn't entirely accurate. It has been discovered that this was blatantly ripped off from a thesis written by a college student and then amended to be more appealling as far as intimidation goes.
so when we consider that this man was:
1.Responsible for liasing with the uk intelligence agencies to conduct one of the biggest investigations in the world at current.
2.The main suspect for leaking to the press that the basis for this investigation was fake.
Can you say assassination?
Just something for all you conspiracy freaks to chew on.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yes Ocelot, I would agree.
It raises a myrid amount of questions....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And raises even more questions being it has been determined that he slit his wrist and the British police observed no evidence of "foul play."

Many questions..

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What i found odd is that if i was in blair's position i would be raisng hell to find out exactly what, when and how this happened and yet when interviewed he replied.

He called for "respect and restraint" until the full circumstances were known.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another thread on this, please see my post in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that he was probably murdered.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There is a huge cover up going on here, no doubt.
Dr Kelly says his mobile phone had been tapped.
He sent an email to the new york times and phoned a british journalist hours before he disappeared from a phone box.
He had the pain killers, the BBC says that is implication he planned the suicide, yet he left no note for his wife.
He had assured a seperate journalist form the new york times hours earlier that he was determined to overcome the scandel.
Mrs Kelly says she had no indication that he was contemplating suicide.

They were reviewing the morning papers on the BBC, one journalist they had in to review the papers said when he first heard of Dr Kelly's death "I thought he'd been bumped off", and talked of the prime minister pretending to look shaken by the ordeal, accusing him of using the situation to gain sympathy for himself!
In a seperate incident, at the press conference in Tokyo when a BBC journalist had just finished questioning Mr Blair the camera swooped forward with plenty of time to catch a Daily Mail journalist ambush the PM with "Do you feel you have blood on your hands Prime Minister?", Mr Blair looking very worried ignored the Mail hack.

www.sundayherald.com...

The media appear to be closing in on Mr Blair, i can see his resignation coming soon.

This story is interesting, Kelly was about to return to Iraq to lead the British search for weapons of mass destruction, the plot thickens further...

observer.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

join