It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas woman given traffic ticket says unborn child counts as second passenger

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Here, all you need is more than the driver, also single rider motorcycles..big fine if you use the HOV and by your lonesome.

So the big question is what is a pregnant woman? Killing a pregnant woman has been a double murder for like forever too, so I guess we should give them the access to HOV, but is that really the intent of an HOV lane?

Its like saying a trans female is female then its OK for them to walk around a locker room with young women with their 7 inch slong dangling then too. We can always find some extreme and people want to push the limits, but is any of it really the intent of what we are trying to accomplish?

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Wrong - at least in Georgia. I drive in the HOV all the time with my kids.

Congrats, forth person to correct me, I guess you are a little slower than the others.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: tanstaafl

Congrats, forth person to correct me, I guess you are a little slower than the others.

Oh, look, someone doesn't like being wrong and has to lash out at anyone daring to point it out.

Yes, sometimes people here reply to an OP without reading the entire thread.

Humble pie... tastes yummy.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Here, all you need is more than the driver, also single rider motorcycles..big fine if you use the HOV and by your lonesome.

So the big question is what is a pregnant woman? Killing a pregnant woman has been a double murder for like forever too, so I guess we should give them the access to HOV, but is that really the intent of an HOV lane?

Its like saying a trans female is female then its OK for them to walk around a locker room with young women with their 7 inch slong dangling then too. We can always find some extreme and people want to push the limits, but is any of it really the intent of what we are trying to accomplish?

What is a pregnant woman?..that should make some heads spin..they can't even figure out woman, nevermind a pregnant one..lol

It's an interesting question, as we know, once doors have been opened, you get unintended consequences

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's only a matter of time before cases are brought forward where a pregnant woman tries to declare her unborn child as a dependent, or demands child support, or tries to take out a life insurance policy on the fetus.

So let's see if states like Texas actually believe life starts at conception or if that principle flies out the window the second money is on the line.

It is life is it not? Insurance companies can set their own rules to include unborn if they like. The whole child support thing is already there in alimony/spousal support. A lot of factors go into the calculator they use to include if she is pregnant.

Nice try again

Um NO. Any 2nd person is OK. They do not have to be legally able to drive. A mom and her kids in the HOV are OK. At least in TX. I live here.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Oh, look, someone doesn't like being wrong and has to lash out at anyone daring to point it out.

Yes, sometimes people here reply to an OP without reading the entire thread.

Humble pie... tastes yummy.

OK, I said I was corrected and you still come at me lol geez...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

What is a pregnant woman?..that should make some heads spin..they can't even figure out woman, nevermind a pregnant one..lol

It's an interesting question, as we know, once doors have been opened, you get unintended consequences

So you have frozen test tubes with eggs impregnated in your back seat and you take the HOV lane since you have 20 people in your car. Can I just slap the crap out of someone like that? I fall back to my 7 inch slong on a trans example in front of a 7 yearold female in a locker room.

Its easy, we just put in that the live human needs to physically fill a seat to count, and we can also say if you are a woman with a dick keep it covered, but then people would bitch about that.

It seems people didn't "what if" the crap out of HOV lanes or locker rooms prior to Roe...lol

edit on 10-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Just gotta point out how hilarious this is!

Fair is fair people... sounds to me like she's got a case. That child is alive, human, and a second person in the vehicle.

But it's going to be fun to hear just how many heads exploded in court...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Do they have a classification for 3/5 People? 😎🚬

not after 1868.

so i believe that's a no.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   

So you have frozen test tubes with eggs impregnated in your back seat and you take the HOV lane since you have 20 people in your car. Can I just slap the crap out of someone like that? I fall back to my 7 inch slong on a trans example in front of a 7 yearold female in a locker room.

Its easy, we just put in that the live human needs to physically fill a seat to count, and we can also say if you are a woman with a dick keep it covered, but then people would bitch about that.

It seems people didn't "what if" the crap out of HOV lanes or locker rooms prior to Roe...lol

kidnapping , human trafficking charges.
child endangerment.
stolen property. medical malpractice.

conspiracy. (who paid you to do this?) fauci? drop a dime on him for a lighter sentence.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lol, I don't disagree with you, it's quite the stretch..and yes, slap away..but it is the kind of argument some lawyers going to love digging into. The dude in the dressing room..my kid would not be in that dressing room..thats for sure.

Its easy, we just put in that the live human needs to physically fill a seat to count, and we can also say if you are a woman with a dick keep it covered, but then people would bitch about that

Sounds like common sense on both.

They can bitch away, I'm getting done caring about entertaining these people. They should be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us adults(seems to be working)..lol, all the power to them..but there are limits.

Oh yes, of course, this is a reaction, but I'm not surprised, the unintended consequence of a new legal precedent..the kind of thing lawyers love. The locker room issue is, like the bathroom issue, but worse imo

edit on 10-7-2022 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

OK, I said I was corrected and you still come at me lol geez...

OK, I said I (and everyone else who corrected you) replied without reading the entire thread, and you still can't just say, "yeah, thanks sorry, I was wrong", you just have to knee-jerk-personal-attack.

Like I said... humble pie... it tastes yummy when appropriate. Try it sometime. I know.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: vonclod
So you have frozen test tubes with eggs impregnated in your back seat and you take the HOV lane since you have 20 people in your car. Can I just slap the crap out of someone like that?

You are free to do whatever you will, but that would be called assault and you'd be prosecuted for it (hopefully, and deservedly so) - and if I saw you slap a woman (unless it was a man pretending to be a woman) you'd possibly take a trip to the hospital first.

So... are you one of those assholes that believes they have the right to play traffic cop and block an entire lane that is closing half a mile ahead due to construction just because you believe that anyone who is still driving in that lane passing a lot of sheople like you should 'get in line behind you'?

I mean, asked another way - what business is it of yours who drives in the HOV lane?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

kidnapping , human trafficking charges.
child endangerment.
stolen property. medical malpractice.

conspiracy. (who paid you to do this?) fauci? drop a dime on him for a lighter sentence.

Its your eggs...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Can you even arrest and put a woman in jail who is pregnant? Wouldn't that mean you are imprisoning a person against their will, who has done nothing? That person in the uterus? Wouldn't it? Isn't that false imprisonment?

Hmmm?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Oh yes, of course, this is a reaction, but I'm not surprised, the unintended consequence of a new legal precedent..the kind of thing lawyers love. The locker room issue is, like the bathroom issue, but worse imo

We all once had a sense of right and wrong and now that is all gone and replaced with only what is legal or illegal that don't necessarily have "right/wrong" as also a part of them.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Like I said... humble pie... it tastes yummy when appropriate. Try it sometime. I know.

Lol whatever...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You are free to do whatever you will, but that would be called assault and you'd be prosecuted for it (hopefully, and deservedly so) - and if I saw you slap a woman (unless it was a man pretending to be a woman) you'd possibly take a trip to the hospital first.

There is no such thing as a woman anymore, so I can slap away without any fear from you. Do you take everything you read literary?

So... are you one of those assholes that believes they have the right to play traffic cop and block an entire lane that is closing half a mile ahead due to construction just because you believe that anyone who is still driving in that lane passing a lot of sheople like you should 'get in line behind you'?

I mean, asked another way - what business is it of yours who drives in the HOV lane?

If I'm in the HOV lane I'm always the fastest in it, and I don't look in other cars to see what is what. We are only having a discussion here on the subject since the OP brought it up. I'm not sure what your issues are, but why do you seem to want to make them personal towards me? I didn't write the OP so it is not a topic I would invest my time to do.

I think the intent of a HOV lane is to incentify carpoolers and people who are not car pooling and take advantage of it only because they can are just sh!theads in my book, but don't worry I would not give them more than 2 seconds of thought on it all.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Can you even arrest and put a woman in jail who is pregnant? Wouldn't that mean you are imprisoning a person against their will, who has done nothing? That person in the uterus? Wouldn't it? Isn't that false imprisonment?

Hmmm?

I think you could argue the direct location is the child is in her body and not jail. Is any of this new? Under Roe didn't a women who had the intent to give birth magically transformed their fetus into a human under the law in many different ways?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Just gotta point out how hilarious this is!

Fair is fair people... sounds to me like she's got a case. That child is alive, human, and a second person in the vehicle.

But it's going to be fun to hear just how many heads exploded in court...

TheRedneck

There are always people taking advantage of situations well outside the intent. The main reason is because people do not want to write a legal book to cage in the intent while creating an overly complicated situation that would be extremely hard to enforce.

The intent of an HOV lane is to incentify people to car pool and get cars off the road, mainly during rush-hour traffic, not to provide a special lane for pregnant mommy, or mommy dearest with a 2 yearold in the back. I see it with handicap placards where they used the handicap slots and then go hike 6 miles...lol When I was in the military, dependents would use the family car and park in the high officer/high enlisted slots just because they had the sticker on the car.

We can air quote it legal all day, but people can be legal and still be sh!theads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join