It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End-time Prophecies of All religions are Not prophecies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It has to be obvious to anyone who has made comparitive studies of the origin, structure and philosophy within the various, major prophetic religions of today, that all of the many End-time prophecies are not prophetic at all.
All of these great prophetic things have befallen every generation since before and after their conception.
The 1st century christians were just as sure that the prophecies applied to them as the judeo-christians and muslims of today believe that their End-time prophecies apply to them.
It is not prophecy at all. It is observation, with an obvious assumption. Earthquakes, wars, famines, pestilence, diabolical rulers and all of these other things have and will always be present. And they always will be. That's the observation.
The only logical assumption is, that if we don't come together, in a spirit of love and compassion and work together to solve these problems not just for somebody else but for everybody else. Then we will annihilate ourselves.
Oh by the way if your good and don't cause trouble, you can go to heaven when you die. What's heaven you ask? Well put a quarter in the slot and I'll tell you a story. (sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In fact actually if a prophecy tells you that something significant is going to occur, then tells you that ''You will live to see this'' is it not a prophecy that one must adhere to???

Well you may not think that prophecy is of any significance to yourself....but to others, it may have significance.

About Heaven//You QUOTE//Oh by the way if your good and don't cause trouble, you can go to heaven when you die. What's heaven you ask? Well put a quarter in the slot and I'll tell you a story. (sarcasm)

If you beleive that being ''good'' is the way to heaven.then may God help all of us.....
helen....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
In fact actually if a prophecy tells you that something significant is going to occur, then tells you that ''You will live to see this'' is it not a prophecy that one must adhere to???

Well you may not think that prophecy is of any significance to yourself....but to others, it may have significance.

About Heaven//You QUOTE//Oh by the way if your good and don't cause trouble, you can go to heaven when you die. What's heaven you ask? Well put a quarter in the slot and I'll tell you a story. (sarcasm)

If you beleive that being ''good'' is the way to heaven.then may God help all of us.....
helen....

What "prophecy" told you that you would live to see the fulfillment of it? The biblical prophecies of the new testament, told those 1st century christians that they would see those things fulfilled. In fact they did. According to their interpretation and their perspective. The 2nd century christians actually saw the destruction of the temple. I'm sure they just knew jesus was just around the corner. Like I said those "prophecies can be applied and are applied by every generation. They are not prophetic, just observations.
My remark about the quater in the slot was meant to be sarcastic. I. me personally, do not believe. It is my and I speak only for me, opinion that organized religion and evangelism is a money and control grab. This is my opinion.
The difference is that I do not ask you to accept my opinion as truth. The major "prophetic" religions of today demand otherwise.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb

Originally posted by helen670

helen....

What "prophecy" told you that you would live to see the fulfillment of it? The biblical prophecies of the new testament, told those 1st century christians that they would see those things fulfilled. In fact they did. According to their interpretation and their perspective. The 2nd century christians actually saw the destruction of the temple. I'm sure they just knew jesus was just around the corner. Like I said those "prophecies can be applied and are applied by every generation. They are not prophetic, just observations.
My remark about the quater in the slot was meant to be sarcastic. I. me personally, do not believe. It is my and I speak only for me, opinion that organized religion and evangelism is a money and control grab. This is my opinion.
The difference is that I do not ask you to accept my opinion as truth. The major "prophetic" religions of today demand otherwise.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by freddieb]

Whatever sarcastic way you have going for you....good luck to you I say!

My faith in God ,Lord Jesus Christ does not ask of me to give Him any money or control me.....or for that matter be a slave to man and his laws of God hating ideas of what life is suppose to be.....

Freddieb////Quote'''////I'm sure they just knew jesus was just around the corner. Like I said those "prophecies can be applied and are applied by every generation.

Actually........no, I do not agree with you at all on your answer!
The prophecies I stated have nothing whatsoever to do with the Prophecy of the New Testament as you stated!
How can you say every generation when the prophecy (that actually did come out)of Constantinople being taken over by the turks and again prophesied that Constantinople(Istanbul)will again be given back to the Greeks by Russia in a 3 day war ..........

'''Yes the prophecy of the Old and New Testament were fullfilled in the times of Christ and the Apostles, but prophecy still remains!
Prophecy that Christ Himself Prophesied to all that wish to hear...

No demand on my behalf for you or anyone else to accept the prophecies I have written ....on behalf of these Holy men.....

Glory be to God..

helen.....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Calm Down.
I didn't mean to ruffle your religious ardor. I apologize, I'm sure that this stuff is as real to you as it is unreal to me. I don't equate reality with the same things you do and I'm OK with that. Glory to uh....whoever!
Let's just agree to disagree and let it go at that.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
freddieb

You are Right the prophecies of the new testament, were to be fulfiled during the life time of the people living at the time of Jesus.

You are also right every generation will tell that prophecies has been fulfilled and new versions of old ones are revised.

Prophecies not necessary has to come from bible sources is plenty of prophecies been told by other civilizations of ancient times.

Even our Native Americans have their own prophecies.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sorry folks, but I must disagree with the presumption that prophecies contained in the old and new testaments of the bible are just observations and have already come to pass. A couple of examples come to mind;
In Matthew 24, Jesus said there would be earthquakes, floods etc. Yes, they have always been with us. However, if you read the rest of the quote, you will see that he compares these disasters to birth pangs which start off far apart with mild pain. They then get closer and closer together and increase in the intensity of pain. Can you not see the pattern being established over the last 100 years with natural disasters and disease? Secondly, can someone please tell me when the 1st century rulers had the technology to monitor the buying patterns of every human being on the earth as described in Revelation 13:16? The microchip, iris scan and smart cards weren't very common in the first or 20th centuries. I could go on with more unfulfilled "observations" but I think you get my point. Ciao for now!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
freddieb

You are Right the prophecies of the new testament, were to be fulfiled during the life time of the people living at the time of Jesus.]

Sorry Freddie, not true. I studied the Bible all through school and nowhere does it say that Jesus's prophecies will happen in those times. That is an erroneous, hopeful assumption that the people of those times made. And a prophecy is a prophecy, whether it is wrong, crazy-sounding or from whatever source. But a prophecy and an observation are 2 very, very different things.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Of course it's true that every generation has thought that they were in the last days. This speaks to the fallibility of man, not of prophecy.

Here is a short list of Bible prophecies that could not possibly have been fulfilled in the past, many of which quite obviously pertain to the world today. I'll just list the Bible chapters, you can look them up in your own Bible. (you know you've got one)

Jeremiah 46
Isaiah 17
Revelation 9, 11, 13, 19, 20, 21, & 22

[edit on 26-2-2006 by resistor]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So maybe were witnessing the end of industrial civilization.

new topics

top topics

join