It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Social Media login buttons on Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In Firefox, when I go to login, there are no SM options for me to login with. Just text.
Not an issue in Chrome.
I've cleared my cache. Any other suggestions? Google sucks so I'd prefer not to use it.

ETA: they do appear in FF using a private window and Qwant search engine, though.
edit on 20-6-2022 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything

The last bit about private windows seems weird. I would expect problems there, not vice versa.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Some adblockers cause this 👁️

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Clear your cache again but use CTRL + F5 instead.

Attention: It will clear ALL cache and flush a few other stuff
edit on 20.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Clear your cache again but use CTRL + F5 instead.

What does that do? Does it just clear the cache from the specific page/tab that you're on?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Good question, I added it above so no one get's angry because all their stuff got flushed.

It will clear ALL cache and flush a few other stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

It didn't clear all of mine. I tried it before I asked. It refreshed my page, and seemed to delete a small amount of cache, but I've got many tabs open right now, and Firefox is still showing my cache over 700mb.

eta: Well, that's not only the cache, but the cookies, cache, and site data.
edit on 6/20/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

You are correct, I got that wrong and read up on it.

CTRL + F5 will send a special command to the server while the page refreshes, signaling to send everything again, no cache at all.

So it's the opposite of what I wrote, actually.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
At it's launch tech news reported the updated Firefox be the securest browser on the planet...

Removing those media buttons were likely a part of the security update. If there is a constant open handshake protocol sitting open in your browser and say one of those medias are breached then it's left your browser wide open for attack since it has an open handshake protocol attached to it... in such an instance it means all of your data could be phished from that media hot button as an open source entryway to do it; In much the way outdated drivers and certificates are vulnerabilities.

If you miss them I suggest making them into bookmarks; when it is outdated it'll be a page not found which means just go to the sites home page and make a new bookmark and delete the old one... as not all site certificates update or are current at the same time... when the site in question pays it's bill it is still open to attack and vulnerability since it is clouded to not appear down to users not wanting to meet a maintenance screen or 404 when the certificate renews it rolls forwards and back to update the actual site and this sometimes breaks code and becomes data loss.

So that's basically all it is and what it is guarding against if your browser is left open to attack multiple times by multiple sites for nearly a day every month then not allowing those an open handshake protocol only makes sense in the world of internet security.

edit on 20-6-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The last few Firefox updates have been HADES .
Check ALL your FF settings as new ones have been added .
At least a good start.

top topics

join