It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium Becomes First Country To Introduce Compulsory Monkeypox Quarantine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It appears Belgium has become the first country to introduce compulsory monkeypox quarantine, anyone testing positive must isolate for 21 days. 14 countries now confirm outbreaks and doctors warn of 'significant rise' in UK cases. Doesn't sound like regular monkeypox does it?

Dr. Claire Dewsnap is president of British Association for Sexual Health and HIV, She says she expects to see 'really significant numbers' over the coming weeks and Israel and Switzerland are latest countries to confirm they have recorded cases.

All are linked to a festival in the port city of Antwerp which I assume means the ease of transmission has been increased (gain of function?)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), said more monkeypox cases are being detected on a daily basis.

It comes as Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser to the UK Health Security Agency, today also warned that monkeypox is spreading through community transmission in the UK with more cases being detected daily.

Sajid Javid yesterday revealed another 11 Britons had tested positive for the virus, taking the total to 20. The cases include a British child currently in a critical condition at a London hospital, while a further 100 infections have been recorded in Europe.

As of Saturday, 92 confirmed cases and 28 suspected cases of monkeypox have been reported from 12 member states that are not endemic for the virus

edit on 22-5-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Quarantines are fine as long as they quarantine the sick as we always did before COVID-19.

It's when you quarantine the healthy is stupid as hell.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

“I’m stunned by this. Every day I wake up and there are more countries infected,” said Oyewale Tomori, a virologist who formerly headed the Nigerian Academy of Science and who sits on several World Health Organization advisory boards.

“This is not the kind of spread we’ve seen in West Africa, so there may be something new happening in the West,” he said.

[time.com...]

Those who believe everything is coincidental and this is just us crazy conspiracy theorists overreacting once again will be along soon to set the record straight. Both of them....

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Quarantines are fine as long as they quarantine the sick as we always did before COVID-19.

Exactly yes , this makes logical sense and always has.

Sick people should be quarantined , but lets not shut down civilization again especially not for a Virus that spreads mostly by exchange of bodily fluids .

I mean we could impose a Celibacy quarantine
, Everyone needs to keep there pants on

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And here I was, wondering the last three month why they let us alone with the restrictions even due to the fact the numbers are so high, some people would have shot themselves around a year ago out of fear, if you told them we would have 4 digit incidency.

But chirps...makes sense now. I don't believe this is coincidence. This won't stop, we will never get back to pre 2019, from now on there will always be some pandemic or epidemic be in place to further ushering in the new control mechanisms.

If it isn't that, then it's global warming or CP.
edit on 22.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Correct. In the case of Monkey Pox it's a very effective tool to stop the spread.

This whole thing is starting to fail the sniff test though.

I wonder if the new battle is being called anti-science for wondering why normally latent diseases are popping up all over the highly vaccinated western world. The hope is adverse effects fade over time and, hopefully, the worst case scenarios are not true. I believe the spike mechanism is in effect doing an end-around and preventing robust immune response. We've been told as much in not so many words. The question now seems to be one of severity and duration. Time will tell, but so far the progression is suspect. My guess is this continues to overwhelm the vaccinated, but we'll see numbers in the coming months if we're allowed to know.

If nothing else they should be examining the possibility. If they pointedly seem to ignore the possibility then I would guess it's likely they already know or suspect the answer.

I did a retrospective of COVID threads since it overtook our front page. I think many people have forgotten how wrong they were and how often. A series of organized retreats to weaker positions. From 95% safe and effective to temporary partial protection and every step between. It reminded me that all the pro-VID posters can pretend they were on the side of science, but two years of posts shows an increasing reliance on lowered expectations, dismissal of inconvenient data, and word play.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

These are not new at all. Always been a virus. The fear, restrictions, control and power grabs is new and increasing. At the current rate WHO will also become the board of world elections.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

After covid lockdown did you think they would let everyone off easily by removing the restrictions? there was a certain billionaire supposedly predicting another one.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

we will never get back to pre 2019

We would likely get back to normal if more people start waking up. That this has never been about their health.

Its about control.

Its why the Canadian government is still refusing to let go of the travel health mandates.
edit on 22-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Correct. In the case of Monkey Pox it's a very effective tool to stop the spread.

I wonder if the new battle is being called anti-science for wondering why normally latent diseases are popping up all over the highly vaccinated western world. The hope is adverse effects fade over time and, hopefully, the worst case scenarios are not true. I believe the spike mechanism is in effect doing an end-around and preventing robust immune response. We've been told as much in not so many words. The question now seems to be one of severity and duration. Time will tell, but so far the progression is suspect. My guess is this continues to overwhelm the vaccinated, but we'll see numbers in the coming months if we're allowed to know.

If nothing else they should be examining the possibility. If they pointedly seem to ignore the possibility then I would guess it's likely they already know or suspect the answer.

I did a retrospective of COVID threads since it overtook our front page. I think many people have forgotten how wrong they were and how often. A series of organized retreats to weaker positions. From 95% safe and effective to temporary partial protection and every step between. It reminded me that all the pro-VID posters can pretend they were on the side of science, but two years of posts shows an increasing reliance on lowered expectations, dismissal of inconvenient data, and word play.

It's definitely being talked about like it's a larger threat than it really is.

As for science, the first thing we learn from COVID is the transmission rate, monkeypox is extremely low, and always has been as it requires almost direct contact IIRC less than 1 to 1. Throw in everybody in the US who was in the public school system before 81 has some smallpox immunization as well as anybody in the military or who goes overseas for a lot of jobs.

The virus can be transmitted through contact with an infected person or animal or contaminated surfaces. Typically, the virus enters the body through broken skin, inhalation or the mucous membranes in the eyes, nose or mouth. Researchers believe that human-to-human transmission is mostly through inhalation of large respiratory droplets rather than direct contact with bodily fluids or indirect contact through clothes. Human-to-human transmission rates for monkeypox have been limited.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
It appears Belgium has become the first country to introduce compulsory monkeypox quarantine, anyone testing positive must isolate for 21 days. 14 countries now confirm outbreaks and doctors warn of 'significant rise' in UK cases. Doesn't sound like regular monkeypox does it?

Dr. Claire Dewsnap is president of British Association for Sexual Health and HIV, She says she expects to see 'really significant numbers' over the coming weeks and Israel and Switzerland are latest countries to confirm they have recorded cases.

All are linked to a festival in the port city of Antwerp which I assume means the ease of transmission has been increased (gain of function?)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), said more monkeypox cases are being detected on a daily basis.

It comes as Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser to the UK Health Security Agency, today also warned that monkeypox is spreading through community transmission in the UK with more cases being detected daily.

Sajid Javid yesterday revealed another 11 Britons had tested positive for the virus, taking the total to 20. The cases include a British child currently in a critical condition at a London hospital, while a further 100 infections have been recorded in Europe.

As of Saturday, 92 confirmed cases and 28 suspected cases of monkeypox have been reported from 12 member states that are not endemic for the virus

NOOOO!!

(Sorry for the 1st grade response but you know...I just can't hardly take any more news. It is way too often now, too many different things, and just too much all around. Could we have just one more month of normal please? just for a small break?

*sigh

Meh, buckle up kids...I don't think we are in Kansas anymore. I actually think Kansas left the planet.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It's definitely being talked about like it's a larger threat than it really is.

As for science, the first thing we learn from COVID is the transmission rate, monkeypox is extremely low, and always has been as it requires almost direct contact IIRC less than 1 to 1. Throw in everybody in the US who was in the public school system before 81 has some smallpox immunization as well as anybody in the military or who goes overseas for a lot of jobs.

The virus can be transmitted through contact with an infected person or animal or contaminated surfaces. Typically, the virus enters the body through broken skin, inhalation or the mucous membranes in the eyes, nose or mouth. Researchers believe that human-to-human transmission is mostly through inhalation of large respiratory droplets rather than direct contact with bodily fluids or indirect contact through clothes. Human-to-human transmission rates for monkeypox have been limited.

No, it’s being talked about as a larger threat than it should be. It shouldn’t be a threat. 10 countries in Africa with it since discovery in 1970. Now 14 in the West in a couple of weeks. Spread appears easier, though no one is sure yet. Let’s just hope it’s an anomaly, otherwise we are dealing with another modified virus and they will want to pin the blame on Russia - or a Ukrainian biolab.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Monkeypox is a virus in the same family of the smallpox but not as deadly as smallpox, if you were vaccinated for smallpox when you were born you will be immune to monkey pox

Sadly most of the new generation of children since the 1980s were not vaccinated for smallpox because it was eradicated.

If you get monkey pox, Acyclovir (Sitavig, Zovirax)
Famciclovir (Famvir)
Valacyclovir (Valtrex) will be the next way to treat the virus, soo it does not cause any problems, this are the same anti virals use to treat shingles, you most get the anti viral within 24 hours of the onset of the virus.

Thankfully I was vaccinated for smallpox when I was born.
edit on 22-5-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I am sure the corrupted dirty democrats will use this virus to push for inbox mail voting in mid term elections, but remember all, this virus is soo deadly we still have wide open borders just like with the covid, the democrats do not give two rat asses about it either

Soo what that tells you all.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Some people will have the pox and show not the slightest symptom and spread it. This means compulsory testing for everyone. They will milk this till the last buck.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Not quarantine for 21 days,
Isolation until the lesions are completely gone
and self-monitoring for high risk contacts. Which is good imo.

It was funny how they declared all the covid restrictions gone, even masks on public transportation, and less then an hour later introduce pox restrictions

Next in Belgium:
NEW PCR TEST FOR MONKEYPOX

edit on 22-5-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Oh, big pharma will be salivating already on the ways to get more money from the tax payer for this weaker version of chicken pox.

But if you are old enough to have the smallpox vaccine you will no have to worry and if you get it that is "rare" you have antivirals to treat it.

Unless big pharma mafia withold all antivirals to push for more mRna technology.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

chickenpox is an entirely different virus from the herpes family. Despite the name it has nothing at all in common with Monkeypox

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Money pox will not kill you, is just a pitch for more pushing of submission within the population, yes I know is from the herpes family, smallpox and monkey pox weaker version, my husband just got treated for shingles, the antiviral took care of the virus within days. We will get the cowpox in the US all same crap different name all can be treated by anti virals.

Soo is an over kill to push for 28 days is really no needed after treatments.

edit on 22-5-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Money pox will not kill you, is just a pitch for more pushing of submission within the population, yes I know is from the herpes family, smallpox and monkey pox weaker version, my husband just got treated for shingles, the antiviral took care of the virus within days. We will get the cowpox in the US all same crap different name all can be treated by anti virals.

Soo is an over kill to push for 28 days is really no needed after treatments.

True that it probably won't kill that many people in the West
Still wouldn't want to get it though, if only for the permanent scarring it leaves on your body

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join