It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland's entry into NATO will return it to the state of war in 1944

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I feel like I'm in a bar and the drunk at the end is yelling at everyone and saying they're going to kick everyone's arse unless they all do as he says.

Sooner or later, one or more of the others at the bar will call the angry mans bluff and say, "You want to nuke me? Take your best shot!"

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I know I am in the minority, but can we just all stop attacking each other and go back to enjoying our lives? This would be my ideal solution.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This situation has got out of hand for various reasons. What turned out to be a police action to stop shelling in the breakaway regions, is slowly gathering more morbidity-like puss in a boil. Which is leaving Russia in the position of being under more NATO duress. NATO is like a protection racket once you are in, you are subservient to those who run it. It is just making Russia more paranoid as to the intentions of the West with regard to Russia's vast wealth. This situation should be resolved with greater haste because Russia will be forced to use nukes if the present gameplay is continued.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: ChinaWarrior
a reply to: TheGreazel

Not every country has choice. Russia wanted to join NATO but the US veto it.

False. Putin said he was open to joining NATO if Russia was given special privileges and did not have to wait like countries that don't matter.

The Labour peer recalled an early meeting with Putin, who became Russian president in 2000. “Putin said: ‘When are you going to invite us to join Nato?’ And [Robertson] said: ‘Well, we don’t invite people to join Nato, they apply to join Nato.’ And he said: ‘Well, we’re not standing in line with a lot of countries that don’t matter.’”

www.theguardian.com...

Maybe I am wrong, I would love to read about Russia's application they made.

That's pretty funny tbh.

Who knows, maybe he had a point.

Turkey got in and I have literally no idea how. Now they are vetoing Finland's membership petition, it's pretty ironic.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Seems NATO is Trying Really Hard to Return the Russian Republic Back to the Soviet Union so they can Justify Offensive Military Action Against them in the Ukraine . Did I Miss " Something " there > ? Hmm...

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
From one South African perspective:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
It's good that Russia has such smart enemies as my British "fan club" on ATS)))

Why do you automatically think of Britain as your enemy? especially when so much Russian money is spent in the UK.

and then there is this...

ecfr.eu...

Raab’s language last week could not have been more trenchant, or more specific: “Today this government and this House sends a very clear message on behalf of the British people: that those with blood on their hands, the thugs of despots, or the henchmen of dictators, won’t be free to waltz into this country to buy up property on the King’s Road, or do their Christmas shopping in Knightsbridge, or frankly to siphon dirty money through British banks or financial institutions.” But then, when he spoke, Raab had no idea that a short while later we would all be able to read in the ISC report just how pervasive and embedded Russian influence has become within the British establishment.

What was the government so keen to keep from us? Inevitably, the text is heavily redacted; and much of the report’s impact lies less in dramatic new revelation than in authoritative confirmation of what was already widely suspected. It is really no surprise to learn that Russia is an aggressive mafia state, with state organs and organised crime working together in a “symbiotic relationship”; or that UK systems are subject to repeated Russian cyber attack; or that Russian disinformation efforts persistently seek to confuse, divide, and foster extremism.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Seems NATO is Trying Really Hard to Return the Russian Republic Back to the Soviet Union so they can Justify Offensive Military Action Against them in the Ukraine . Did I Miss " Something " there > ? Hmm...

NATO is not a country, and NATO didn't invade anyone to steal land ww2 style.

russia did.

Are you really surprised that others in the neighborhood might want to join a defensive alliance to prevent a russian invasion of their country?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I know I am in the minority, but can we just all stop attacking each other and go back to enjoying our lives? This would be my ideal solution.

I don't think you're in the minority in wanting that, I think that's what most people want.

Simple solution; Putin calls an immediate ceasefire and agrees to negotiations with no preconditions.
Russia will get to keep Crimea and independently monitored referendum held in Luhansk and Donetsk.

It really is very simple,.....except Putin won't call a ceasefire and will continue with his invasion.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Blah , Blah , Blah ..... I am getting Really Tired of Your LAME Pretenses ........

Nature Agrees .

edit on 13-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Why do you automatically think of Britain as your enemy?

Have you seen some of the posts from our "British" members?

The loosely concealed hatred is palpable.

We should be setting standards but unfortunately this subject always spirals into hatred.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I don't think you're in the minority in wanting that, I think that's what most people want.

Simple solution; Putin calls an immediate ceasefire and agrees to negotiations with no preconditions.
Russia will get to keep Crimea and independently monitored referendum held in Luhansk and Donetsk.

It really is very simple,.....except Putin won't call a ceasefire and will continue with his invasion.

I agree with your plan. This is where Putin could negotiate.

As for the invasion, we're not getting the full story.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

We should be setting standards....

We are, standards of decency and morality.

You know, opposing a dictator and his invasion of a non-threatening country and who is repeatedly using the threat of first strike nuclear weapons in order to blackmail the world into letting him get away with it.

I have nothing whatsoever against Russian people, met quite a few....they are just people trying their best to make the best of what they can pretty much the same as people from anywhere else in the world.

I could be wrong but I haven't seen any British posters advocating the UK invade Russia or fund any of the numerous separatist groups there are in Russia or nuke Russia....unlike some of the Russian and Putin apologists have.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I agree with your plan. This is where Putin could negotiate.

As for the invasion, we're not getting the full story.

putin has been practically begging for a cease fire, Ukraine has refused until russia removes it's military from Ukraine?

Do you guys just make this stuff up every day?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

There comes a point where people have to be realistic.

And to be honest, I don't get the impression that Putin is ready to call a ceasefire any time soon.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

There comes a point where people have to be realistic.

And to be honest, I don't get the impression that Putin is ready to call a ceasefire any time soon.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

putin desperately needs a cease fire to rebuild his forces, he just doesn't want to leave Ukrainian territory to get one.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The chance of Finland joining NATO is slim.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: andy06shake

NATO is now waging war against Russia on the territory of Ukraine.

So go back home and you may live to fight another day.

Else remain where you are in the wrong postcode and Ukraine will keep slaughtering your forces with our superior technology and toys made readily available and at their disposal.

Coz that's your choice at the end of the day.

So far, dozens of NATO officers and generals are in captivity on foreign soil in a foreign state and dream of returning home.
Return home, Putin told you about this, but you still do not listen to him.

PURE DEBUNKED LIES. no NATO generals or officers are in captivity in russia or ukraine.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: ChinaWarrior
a reply to: TheGreazel

Not every country has choice. Russia wanted to join NATO but the US veto it.

False. Putin said he was open to joining NATO if Russia was given special privileges and did not have to wait like countries that don't matter.

The Labour peer recalled an early meeting with Putin, who became Russian president in 2000. “Putin said: ‘When are you going to invite us to join Nato?’ And [Robertson] said: ‘Well, we don’t invite people to join Nato, they apply to join Nato.’ And he said: ‘Well, we’re not standing in line with a lot of countries that don’t matter.’”

www.theguardian.com...

Maybe I am wrong, I would love to read about Russia's application they made.

That's pretty funny tbh.

Who knows, maybe he had a point.

Turkey got in and I have literally no idea how. Now they are vetoing Finland's membership petition, it's pretty ironic.

All NATO will do is ignore Turkey,because the US foots the bill mostly.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join