It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Sniper Wali Is Done With His Third War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

“The best sniper in the world at the service of Ukraine,” headlined one French magazine. “He can kill 40 soldiers in one day,” claimed an Indian digital news site. “He holds the record for long-range killing at 3,540 meters,” asserted a Spanish daily.

Wali says that he did not have in-depth knowledge about the conflict, but felt that action was necessary. “Not everything is black and white, but what we saw was a large-scale aggression,” he said.

Wali’s third war: The Canadian sniper who could not say no to Ukraine

Wali got a wake-up call and is now back home in Canada yet he is still talking about putting boots on the ground in Ukraine.
He was part of the Norman Brigade for a while. He said he transferred because his fame was endangering them. An article about the Norman Brigade makes me think he transfered because they were putting him in danger.

The Canadian military veteran who calls himself Hrulf says he realized after his first combat experience in Ukraine several weeks ago that he could have died, multiple times.

foreigners eager to come to Ukraine’s defence face not just a brutal adversary, but the chaos and limited resources of a hastily formed network of international combatants.

Eventually numbering close to 30, the Norman Brigade recruits moved to a converted school house that was to be their training camp but was so drafty and damp, many of the soldiers fell ill, says Paul.

Hrulf told them to train on Ukrainian weapons, but among almost 30 soldiers there were just seven or eight AK-47 assault rifles and a paltry 30-60 bullets per person, says John, the B.C. man.

“That is just insanity, actual suicide when you’re talking about (fighting) the Russian military.”

At one point they discovered that Hrulf had a tattoo on his hand of a “black sun,” a symbol used by the SS in Nazi Germany and sometimes by the Neo-fascist movement, Paul and John recalled.

“My friend James who was there literally spat on the ground in front of him … and said ‘this is everything our grandfathers fought against in the Second World War.’”

Hrulf announced there were weapons for only 30 per cent of them. Those who weren’t armed were told to move closer to the front lines and dig trenches, he said.

“If you look at other units like the Georgian Legion, they had one AK (rifle) for every three guys and they were rotating, while we had at least 80 per cent of our personnel armed.”

Incompetence or the realities of war? Turmoil for Canadian-led foreign battalion in Ukraine

Scrounging for food. Eating Russian rations, lack of equipment and weapons, BYOB bring your own bullets.

Maybe it isn't that bad for all units but reports coming from other sources make me think it probably is.

edit on 7-5-2022 by Grimpachi because: grammar

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So USA is sending billions of dollars over , weapons and all sorts of aid. Not to mention what other countries are sending to Ukraine and they have no food , weapons or ammunition?

Sounds fishy.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
So USA is sending billions of dollars over , weapons and all sorts of aid. Not to mention what other countries are sending to Ukraine and they have no food , weapons or ammunition?

Sounds fishy.

Does 'fishy' = fake russian propaganda?

If so, I agree completely.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Sorry am confused.

Do you mean the whole article is bunk (as in he’s not back in Canada) or the fact that we are sending billions in war grade merchandise but no actual provisions.

Weren’t you the one saying US troops aren’t at war?

Meanwhile I just read an article today stipulating the head of the CIA wishes operatives would shut up about wins as it may result in counter attacks by Russians…

Please elaborate.

edit on 7-5-2022 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Sounds fishy.

Are you claiming that the info provided in the OP is Russian propaganda?

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Enduro
We talk a lot about what we are sending...what we don't talk about is how much gets destroyed in transit.

posted on May, 7 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Sorry am confused.

Do you mean the whole article is bunk (as in he’s not back in Canada) or the fact that we are sending billions in war grade merchandise but no actual provisions.

Meanwhile I just read an article today stipulating the head of the CIA wishes operatives would shut up about wins as it may result in counter attacks by Russians…

Please elaborate.

In this one I'm saying someone is exaggerating the actual claims by someone who was involved in a Ukrainian area where everyone already knows there were serious supply issues in the early weeks, especially in the units that accepted foreign volunteers, in an effort to make it sound a lot more serious than it was, that it happened everywhere in the country, and that it is still a serious concern.

Not that he made anything up.

Now if you want more recent news & opinions from a special forces vet who happens to be qualified flying a variety of russian helicopters, the last few Speak The Truth episodes posted in the Update thread have just such a guest who returned to the U.S. a few days ago.

He also plans on returning to help Ukraine retake dombas and Crimea after spending some time with his family.

edit on 8-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Sorry am confused.

Please elaborate.

In this one I'm saying someone is exaggerating the actual claims by someone who was involved in a Ukrainian area where everyone already knows there were serious supply issues in the early weeks, especially in the units that accepted foreign volunteers, in an effort to make it sound a lot more serious than it was, that it happened everywhere in the country, and that it is still a serious concern.

Seems confusing. I was told from the very outset that Ukraine was embarrassing Russian troops at every turn.

Somebody is exaggerating by saying there were supply and equipment issues, but you're saying that everybody knows there were supply and equipment issues.

Next you'll be telling me the Ghost of Kyiv is fake and the sniper in OP isn't really the best in the world, both of which are rock solid facts reported by western media.

Will a trillion $US be enough that everybody that plays "current thing" fighting for Ukraine to get a gun and some ammo? Just wondering how many generations of my family will be paying this war off. Maybe only two generations if one trillion is enough, but I suspect a trillion might be too conservative when this stretches out to a decade.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Sorry am confused.

Please elaborate.

Seems confusing. I was told from the very outset that Ukraine was embarrassing Russian troops at every turn.

Somebody is exaggerating by saying there were supply and equipment issues, but you're saying that everybody knows there were supply and equipment issues.

Next you'll be telling me the Ghost of Kyiv is fake and the sniper in OP isn't really the best in the world, both of which are rock solid facts reported by western media.

Will a trillion $US be enough that everybody that plays "current thing" fighting for Ukraine to get a gun and some ammo? Just wondering how many generations of my family will be paying this war off. Maybe only two generations if one trillion is enough, but I suspect a trillion might be too conservative when this stretches out to a decade.

At the time this guy was there, Ukraine was 'embarrassing' russia in that 40 mile trapped convoy trying to reach Kiev, by downing a surprising number of russian aircraft, and by (barely) stopping russia's advance to the dnipro river.

Yet everyone knew that Ukraine was in an absolute desperate situation at the time, and was rushing in foreign volunteers to units that weren't prepared for them, and were on the front lines desperately holding back the massive russian force in any way they could.

russia was beaten back from those areas long ago, and Ukraine is now in a much better position (for a tiny country that was invaded by a wannabe superpower anyway).

Though many of it's cities have been destroyed by russia, most of it's business have long been closed, and millions of it's citizens have fled the russian invasion.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Sounds fishy.

Wait what? Now the Canadian Sniper is spreading Russian propaganda? He switched sides! OMG!

Your gun has a breech jam pal.. And that's being generous

(It doesn't matter to you anyway, since EVERYTHING is Russian propaganda
edit on 8-5-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Sounds fishy.

Wait what? Now the Canadian Sniper is spreading Russian propaganda? He switched sides! OMG!

Not what I said.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Still spinning yarns I see.
Do you get overtime rate on a Sunday?
Did I mention that I think the 77th brigade are the enemy of the UK people.
Nothing patriotic about you.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Sounds fishy.

Not what I said.

Pathetic.

The only thing you ever say is that everything is Russian propaganda or that Russia invaded Ukraine
You never bring anything to the table because you refuse to open your eyes.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Sounds fishy.

Not what I said.

Pathetic.

The only thing you ever say is that everything is Russian propaganda or that Russia invaded Ukraine
You never bring anything to the table because you refuse to open your eyes.

Name a single time I was incorrect about anything significant that russia said.

You can't.

Why is that?

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Still spinning yarns I see.
Do you get overtime rate on a Sunday?
Did I mention that I think the 77th brigade are the enemy of the UK people.
Nothing patriotic about you.

I don't get paid for what I do here, and it's still Saturday where I am anyway.

But keep making stuff up if you want, it makes my work here a lot easier.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Sounds fishy.

Of course he is, all information on this war is "Russian propaganda" to "PatriotGames4u" if it doesn't fit the MSM narrative.

Now even a well known Canadian sniper who is telling the truth is "fake" and is "Russian propaganda". Calling this well known Canadian Sniper Walli as "Russian propaganda" is just beyond ridiculous and it just goes to show that is only objective for being here is to disrupt the conversation/message board and call everything "fake" that doesn't fit the MSM narrative.

edit on 8-5-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Sounds fishy.

Of course he is, all information on this war is "Russian propaganda" to "PatriotGames4u" if it doesn't fit the MSM narrative.

Now even a well known Canadian sniper who is telling the truth is "fake" and is "Russian propaganda". Calling this well known Canadian Sniper Walli as "Russian propaganda" is just beyond ridiculous and it just goes to show that is only objective for being here is to disrupt and call everything "fake" that doesn't fit the CNN narrative

No.

I said what I said.

It's in this thread.

It's just not what you just fabricated.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Umm I guess it worked, what better way to hide in the shadows if people do not think you are there.

The last thing a sniper wants is to be famous doing the war.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It kept him alive. He says he never got to shoot any Russians though. He only shot out of a window to scare off someone.

It was just as likely a civilian looking for food or shelter as it was a Russian.

posted on May, 8 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Sounds fishy.

It's all ending up on the black market, the big gangsters are taking most of the good stuff, it's going to the elite, just like when aid gets sent to any war zone, the war lords take almost all of it and sell it, make people work for it, lots of it gets put away, hidden to be sold at a later time, lots of the stuff ends up in stores of people with "connections" etc the people who need it the most get very little, have to work for it or buy it or never see anything at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join