It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

firefox sound issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Anyone else had or is having this issue with sound?

It had been fine up till around 5 weeks ago and now no sound for those 5 weeks! I thought maybe my PC wasn't updated or Firefox wasn't updated but they both have latest updates and sound issue is still there...

Any ideas?

Works fine in Microsoft Edge!

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Try this: Firefox Support Page

I'm on my cellphone and can't verify for you, but it seems the best solution.

ETA: Just tried on my PC and there is an audio option when you right click on the tab of the page the video is playing in. It's either activated or deactivated. If it is muted in the tab, the audio won't play, irrespective of your hardware settings.

edit on 5/5/2022 by Encia22 because: Added more info.

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Anyone else had or is having this issue with sound?

I gave up on Firefox long ago, shortly after they destroyed the amazingly vibrant Addon ecosystem by eliminating the ability of Addons to truly customize Firefox the way the User wants to.

After that change, and as a consequence of many other really dumbass decidions they made (probably by the woke retards that took over), it started having serious and long term stability and usability issues - the most egregious being iit simply wouldn't render many web pages properly, or even at all.

I tried many other browsers over the last few years, but have settled on Brave, works well, nary a problem like the ones I was having with Firefox, but I still really miss a large number of really useful Addons, just two examples being TabMixPlus, and the 'Add Bookmark Here' (there are many others, too numerous to list)...

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes, sometimes with youtube sound. Tried a lot of things and happened also after new windows installations. That was one of the reasons I went to Brave. A member here wrote it is good and I use it since with no crashes, everything just works. Built in word-check for many languages. Built in adblocker is on by default but can be turned off individually.

edit on 5.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: hit reply mid sentence..

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Realtek audio ?
If so , install the drivers for Realtek from your PC manufacturer's website .
Windows has a tendency to overwrite the base drivers with the Microsoft WHQL version .
edit on 5/5/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

eliminating the ability of Addons to truly customize Firefox the way the User wants to

Is that sarcasm ? (I post in my best Sheldon style)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Realtek audio ?
If so , install the drivers for Realtek from your PC manufacturer's website .
Windows has a tendency to overwrite the base drivers with the Microsoft WHQL version .

Thanks! I'll try updating drivers... again.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

No not with sound but a lot of niggles after their latest upgrade. Tor is giving the same problems

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: tanstaafl

eliminating the ability of Addons to truly customize Firefox the way the User wants to

Is that sarcasm ? (I post in my best Sheldon style)

Actually, not at all. Addon developers used to be able to customize it in almost every aspect. Now, they are extremely limited, to the point that most of the best Addon devs quit Firefox in disgust.

top topics

join