It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SCOTUS is currently deciding if you have a constitutional right to privacy….

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OK gang….don’t fall for it!

The USA leaders on both sides know that abortion is a hot button. The SCOTUS draft decision was deliberately leaked. Now the USA citizens are getting whipped up into a frenzy over the “don’t kill the babies” argument.

Please realize this case isn’t really only about abortion…the Roe v Wade verdict established that under the US Constitution your individual right to privacy is federally protected.

The Roe v Wade decision was based on an implied “right to privacy” in the 9th and 14th amendments. If you read these amendments you will identify that a right to privacy isn’t mentioned in either amendment.

IMO SCOTUS is currently deciding - do you as a US citizen have an inherent “right to privacy”?

If the SCOTUS determines that US citizens do not have a constitutionally or federally protected right to privacy then….I can only begin to fathom what will happen next. The government could subsequently implement a number of measures to invasively over-reach into your personal lives.

This article describes how the “right to privacy” has been defined over the years. www.law.cornell.edu...
edit on 3-5-2022 by Buvvy because: Adding source to support opinion.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

People are blinded by their own beliefs to realize that a Pandora's box will be opening.
Personal beliefs should never infringe on personal freedoms.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is privacy not synonymous with, or at the very least adjacent to, autonomy and liberty? The freedom to withhold information/lifestyle choices that aren't pertinent to social or national welfare falls under pursuit of happiness. Or am I misinformed?

edit on 3-5-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I understand exactly what is going on and why I will always be pro-abortion, due to the fact that this is about personal rights.

But see Democrats are using politics for this to get votes, for midterm.

While the hypocrite Republicans are crying about saving the fetuses.

Let them eat each other, Americas politics are full of fools believing what is spoon fed to them and the idiots marxist communist crafting the next agenda on eroding more rights of freedom and privacy.

Both parties get to gain with everything that is been pushed.

Fools

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Bingo. And somebody anticipating their play exposed the legislation prematurely to force their hand. I'm not opposed to conservative values but just as with vaccines and gender politics, your right to choose ends where your body and home does. That's not a decision you make on behalf of anyone else for any reason.

edit on 3-5-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No matter what the scotus does, you still never have privacy with big tech. Big tech collects all your data and whenever subpoena they will give your info to the authorities anyways.

You have no more privacy, especially those that make their lives available on FB etc and volunteer all kinds of details about their private lives.

It is up to you to protect your own right to privacy.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Should we care? I belong to a generation that is stepping back to let the next one take over, sadly is going to be a mess a disappointment and the America I grew up is not more.

We are been groomed to accept the new world order and external entities dictate our laws.

The new generation is too full of idiots, they are illiterate on what been an American and enjoying an unique constitution
that guarantee our freedoms means.

We maybe the last generation that will remember what US constitution use to be.

And that is my rant, this what happen when a nation is divided and nobody remember anymore what it means to stand together against a government full of corruption, hell bend on destroying everything in their path for globalist agendas.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Two reasons for this leak:

1. Batch 3 of the 90,000 sealed Pfizer docs leaked in the early hours of this morning. This serves as an orchestrated distraction. Sauce.

2. To have a justifiable means of instituting vaccine mandates since my body my choice is null without Roe v Wade.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Are they intentionally wanting us to bring out the torches and pitchforks?

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Is ok, the hypocrite Republicans all they do is crying about the fetuses, the real truth and repercussions of this overturn is happening will completely be ignored until it comes back to bite them in their darn arse.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Is not going to happen we have grown dumb and oblivious, we use social medias to complain and then we get banned when we do.

Freedom of speech is now been rationed and protest are called domestic terrorism and insurrection unless financed by politicians on agendas, like BML and Antifa backed groups.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes, that's exactly what they're going to do!

The Texas ruling gave the States all the power they needed to effectively stop abortions, so it's really not about abortions.

TPTB choose the topic because of the emotional response it triggers.

It's a rollback of all sorts of civil rights not just the "left ones" either.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Maybe for you, but if someone comes to my neck of the woods with this nonsense they’re getting hot metal at 3000 ft/sec.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Is privacy not synonymous with, or at the very least adjacent to, autonomy and liberty? The freedom to withhold information/lifestyle choices that aren't pertinent to social or national welfare falls under pursuit of happiness. Or am I misinformed?

This article does a pretty good job of explaining how the “right of privacy” has been legally defined over decades of court decisions. www.law.cornell.edu...

Roe V. Wade was one of those decisions. Note: in the draft SCOTUS decision the author is saying that the SCOTUS decision in Roe v Wade was flawed because it did not use the appropriate interpretation of an individuals of right of privacy as established in prior case law (read the draft decision starting at the bottom of page 44 and rolling to the top of page 45).

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
OK gang….don’t fall for it!

Too late, you already did, and apparently so has everyone else who has replied to your silly thread so far.

Please realize this case isn’t really only about abortion…the Roe v Wade verdict established that under the US Constitution your individual right to privacy is federally protected.

Yeah, except... you are just flat wrong, which is made apparent by simply reading the leaked decision...

WaPo link (scroll about half-way down):

“We emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right,” Alito writes. “Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
TPTB choose the topic because of the emotional response it triggers.

Yeppers...

It's a rollback of all sorts of civil rights not just the "left ones" either.

Nope, this ruling only applies to abortion, not privacdy in general, this was explicitly stated in the draft opinion.

Of course, that part may not make it into the final draft...

Regardless, Alito was 100% correct, in that abortion should never have been made a federal issue, it was and rightly deserves to be a State's Rights issue, just as it was before Roe v Wade.

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The link you cited is behind a paywall. I have access to the entire SCOTUS draft opinion. What page of the opinion do you want me to refer to?

a reply to: tanstaafl

posted on May, 3 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
a reply to: tanstaafl
The link you cited is behind a paywall.

No it isn't. I've never subbed to WaPo, and I got there without going through any paywall/

Maybe they have a limited number of free accesses, and you spend way too much time there?

I have access to the entire SCOTUS draft opinion. What page of the opinion do you want me to refer to?

The quote I provided was a quote right from the draft, but they didn't provide a page number.

If you have the full text, you might be interested in this little thing called 'search'... google it... rotflmao!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join