It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military is checking web sites

page: 1

join
share:
bdi

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is maybe old news for you but it's new for me.
My site has been visited someone who has nipr.mil domain.If you input the "nipr.mil" or "www.nipr.mil" you wont get any interesting result but if you input that in some search engine you will get a lot of very interesting results.

NIPRNET

The "NIPRNET," the Unclassified but Sensitive Internet Protocol Router Network (formerly called the Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Net), is a network of Internet protocol routers owned by the Department of Defense (DOD). Created by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), NIPRNET is used to exchange unclassified but sensitive information between "internal" users. It can thus be distinguished from the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), which is used by the DOD to exchange classified information in a totally secure environment. NIPRNET is also increasingly used by the DOD to allow its personnel to gain access the Internet without leaving their own computers open to "reverse entry" by hackers, foreign militaries, terrorists, etc etc.

This text can be found on this address:www.notbored.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdi
This is maybe old news for you but it's new for me.
My site has been visited someone who has nipr.mil domain.If you input the "nipr.mil" or "www.nipr.mil" you wont get any interesting result but if you input that in some search engine you will get a lot of very interesting results.

NIPRNET

The "NIPRNET," the Unclassified but Sensitive Internet Protocol Router Network (formerly called the Non-secure Internet Protocol Router Net), is a network of Internet protocol routers owned by the Department of Defense (DOD). Created by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), NIPRNET is used to exchange unclassified but sensitive information between "internal" users. It can thus be distinguished from the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), which is used by the DOD to exchange classified information in a totally secure environment. NIPRNET is also increasingly used by the DOD to allow its personnel to gain access the Internet without leaving their own computers open to "reverse entry" by hackers, foreign militaries, terrorists, etc etc.

This text can be found on this address:www.notbored.org...

Worth to know, because yes, we all guess that the military is checking, but a guess, and data with numbers and names and so on is more accurate and easier to believe. Anyway the DoD invented the Internet itself so u can expect some of this Big Brother game from years ago, but anyway thanks for the link

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't understand you post...

On one hand you claim that nipr.mil people are checking your website, and on the other you state that NIPRNET is used for traffic between military NIPRNET-networks...

Here is a list of military servers that accesed my website last month:

bu-wcs1-kelly.nipr.mil
proxy-ext.osan.af.mil
wcs1-mcpherson.nipr.mil
pc204-5.army.mil

3% of all traffic to myt website is by military networks.

Don't you think it's just military personnel surfing the net for websites, like you are doing?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Don't you think they would hide their address if they were truly checking up on your site? But of course the government checks out websites. They even will check out what sites you visit.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
they can see through walls....whats it gonna be for them to check out your cookies.

piece of cake

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Being a network geek, it is very possible for the military to check up on websites and what not, but I can guarantee that their IP's will not show up. It is a known fact that the FBI uses a program that basically loops a series of IPs, but it will not regeister hitting your computer or your website. This is one way that they track down and catch hackers. Hackers watch and monitor their systems very closely. 2600 had an interview in one of their issues about a hacker who talked about the system that the FBI has. He stated that he never saw the FBI's IP come through, yet the FBI accessed his computer 18 times, built enough evidence up, and busted him. Like the hacker said "If we knew the FBI was getting into our system, do you think we would have continued?" He makes a good point. So, I really don't think that those IPs are nothing more than people who are on military networks browsing.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
all this means is that a military member was browsing your site from work.... all unclassified computers are on the niprnet

most air force members have access to computers to check their mail, etc. it's really not some big plot to check up on you.. just some bored air force guy browsing your site from work (i think most of us are guilty of this)

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
When I first set up my site back in '99 I received numerous visits from someone using a .mil domain - it's that long ago I can't remember the full details.

The site was just for a Star Trek RPG called "USS Typhoon" - I just assumed they carry out extensive key word searches for anything that's apparently military-related. I didn't worry about it further, and never received any further visits. The subject of my site, and its content obviously raised an eyebrow somewhere, but it quickly became evident it was completely innocent.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
no, they banned another one that i posted
it was a bit reveiling in the boob area

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am using a government computer in Kuwait to reply to this post. If the site moderators look, they'll probably see something like salem.af.mil has accessed this website.
Does that mean anything? Nothing more than just a bored airmen (ME), surfing the net until I have to report to ATOC to get my baggage checked by customs so I can board the rotator to return to the states.
If you see IP addresses from military personnel, remember that we're American citizens too who go on the internet just like everyone else. We all have different tastes and interests just like you do. There isn't a conspiracy to keep tabs on what you're up to. I promise.

ABB

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There are at least two FBI agents and one NSA analyst I know of who frequent ATS (I'm not telling who they are -- but none are staff). They come here to enjoy the topic of conversation, not watch and take notes.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
There are at least two FBI agents and one NSA analyst I know of who frequent ATS (I'm not telling who they are -- but none are staff). They come here to enjoy the topic of conversation, not watch and take notes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well
if you ain't gonna tell I ain't gonna tell

tuttutlol

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Neither am i tut

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
lol...

Alright it's the end of the month:
Just a few stats:

The hostname wcs1-scott.nipr.mil visited my website 23 times this month. Do you think they visit it that much just to check my website on sensetive info... most unlikely don't you think.

Out of all visits, that hostname is on the third place(with 23 visits). I myself visited the most (52) and one hostname has 40 visits. (yeah I know they're not really impressive stats
)...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I used to check all my fav websites when we would hit a port and could get a fast connection. If you think about it there are thousands of men and women just surfing the net in their down time from dod computers. We had a whole lot of people on our ship that looked at stuff like that from the boat for fun.

If the government was checking sites for leaked secret info I do not think they would leave a trace.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I used to check all my fav websites when we would hit a port and could get a fast connection. If you think about it there are thousands of men and women just surfing the net in their down time from dod computers. We had a whole lot of people on our ship that looked at stuff like that from the boat for fun.

If the government was checking sites for leaked secret info I do not think they would leave a trace.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It was just some bored DoD employee surfing the net from their work computer....believe it or not we ARE human, and do have interests. If the gov't wanted to monitor your site, they would just use a computer set up off the gov't domains.

top topics

join