It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 1,000 Ukrainian marines surrendered in Mariupol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: RussianTroll

There is no such nationality "Ukrainian". And never was.

A bit of honesty.

You don't even recognise that Ukrainians are NOT Russian and that Ukraine has right to exist as an independent sovereign nation.
Exactly the same as Putin has stated on numerous occasions.

Which in turn exposes the lie that Putin never intended to take over the whole of Ukraine and impose Russian control over the whole country.
Sadly for Russia the people of Ukraine saw it somewhat differently and now Putin has had to put some predictable spin on the Russian retreat claiming its what he intended all along.

You don’t know history well, it’s well known that the phrase “Ukrainians and Ukraine” was invented at the end of the 19th century in the General Staff of the Austrian Empire in order to completely get rid of the Russians in Galicia and Orthodoxy.

Can you tell us what first practical steps followed?

Google "Thalerhof and Terezin concentration camps"

I, as an old lover of antiques, will buy stamps, official documents, banknotes, awards, and so on until 1918, where there is the word "Ukraine", for any money.
For any money

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

No matter what you choose to call the Ukrainians of today.

Kyiv predates the founding of Moscow by 665 years.

How's that for history.
edit on 13-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I beg your pardon. It was F2d5thCavv2, I was wrong.
Are you not mad at me?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Thats ok RussianTroll mistakes are easily made.

I'm not mad with much right now.

The postman's not my favourite person, because he stood on my flower beds this morning, don't know it that counts.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Oh yeah. I also do not like the postman, because he brings bills for payment)))

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Aye well there is that also i suppose.

It's the amount of junk mail that they also deliver that gets my goat more than anything else.

No wonder our mail don't get delivered in the same manner as yesteryear considering the additional workload the poor sods have to contend with.

Hard job all the same esspecilly in the likes of the depths of winter.

Most of my bills are all paperless these days all the same

Anyhoo i digress.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I’ve been relatively quiet about this war. That’s not due to lack of caring. It’s because I’m not informed enough to talk about it. If I just repeat everything I see in western media and take that as truth, I’m sure I would come to find a substantial amount was incorrect, at some point down the line.

I will say war is hell. No matter how many rules or ROE are listed, both sides are sure to of broken them at some point, either intentionally or unintentionally.
Atrocities happen during war.
And we are sure to hear about them for years to come.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

it remains the same: russia attacks a sovereign state and is responsible for thousands of dead, destroyed families and bombed cities. you seem to be waging your own war here. that may be patriotic from your point of view, but in the end you stand pretty much alone.

The truth remains the same: the US has been priming the pump for this event since at least 2014 and the days of Obama, McCain and Nuland. Yet another Color Revolution for the boys in the CIA.

Putin has the high moral ground from the start.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

The only truth out of this is 1000s of senseless deaths on both sides.

It’s hilarious how this was caused over a fear of NATO.

NATO is now bigger and stronger than ever. Sweden joining in June. Finland right around the corner.

Russias boogie man is getting a whole lot scarier. Who’s going to be next to join?
edit on 13-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Doubleeeeeeweeeeweeee
edit on 13-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

NATO comes across to me as a Paper Dragon.

That's an old term from the Orient that I learned in Vietnam.

NATO is a perfect example of a Paper Dragon.

That outfit has been lying to the Russians for years regarding their eastward expansion.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Ukrainians are NOT Russian.
They don't consider themselves Russian.
They don't want to be Russian.
They are Ukrainian.

Do you know German never existed as a nation state until 1871?
Does that make them any less German?
Maybe some of their neighbouring countries should invade Germany and 'reclaim' some of their former territory?

Similar story for quite a few independent nation states.

We live in the here and now and constantly harking back to the way the world was is pointless and certainly no justification for the current invasion of Ukraine and all the subsequent killing.

Ukrainians are not Russian.
Ukraine is not part of Russia.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just noticed at the end how you talk about the Ukrainian tank killing its own people.

I just want to draw the comparison of the several reports of Russia shooting down its own aircraft.

www.newsweek.com...

Wasn’t touched on here before.

Similar claims were made by both U.S. and EU officials on Wednesday, who talked about tensions within the Kremlin.

As for the peanut gallery that will chime in about Western intelligence being the source. Y’all literally use Russian Ministry of Defense as a source. And random people on telegram. Bought so far in to the title “Russian tank sneaks up on Ukrainian troops” because a Russian source on telegram.

Egg, meet face.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Estimated to be around 21,000 civilians killed.

RIP to the poor sods.

Down with Putin and Russia, and victory to Ukraine.

Shhhhh Putin says be quiet he is gonna Aldo Raine this beeyotch, the collateral deaths and casualties are all part of his "Special Military Operation" that is going just as it was planned. Right?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i will say this

as to that british merc....what would the ukrianian army do to a merc on the russian side
maybe russia will show some mercy and give him 15 years hard labor in one of the coldest gulag's
provided he keeps his production quota intact

as to these 1000+ marines that surrendered do to no ammo or food
did any of them consider ambushing russian's " being they're so incompetent" and just use that newly claimed ammo

food
i know the russian's will be found guilty of a war crime for shoplifting when they grabbed some food here n there
didn't some of these ukrainian's consider a scavenging raid or were they afraid of the shoplifting charges

it's a war

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

NATO comes across to me as a Paper Dragon.

That's an old term from the Orient that I learned in Vietnam.

NATO is a perfect example of a Paper Dragon.

That outfit has been lying to the Russians for years regarding their eastward expansion.

NATO doesn’t come across to the Russian Federation as a paper dragon. Not one shot across the bow. Threatening and throwing fits for countries not to join NATO. There’s a reason for that.

Which is why Finland gave them the finger. Got all upset and threatened Finland to not join, so they saying screw it.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Said lunatic seems to say rather a lot from the end of that mad 50ft table.

Far as i can establish, if his own people don't "Shhhhh" he has them lifted off the streets and threatens them with 15 year gaol sentences.

Which is certainly not in anyway "right".

As to plans, well he keeps shifting the goal posts really, so those change like the wind far as i can establish, one min its about Nazis next its about NATO or Donbass.
edit on 13-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If NATO is a 'paper dragon' why is Russia so # scared and paranoid about it?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lasvegasteddy

The British 'merc' is a Ukrainian citizen and a member of the recognised Ukrainian Armed Forces.

So you advocate POW's being sentenced to 'hard labour' in the Russian Gulag's?

Yet another American Putin apologist supporting a de facto dictator, shameful.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

If NATO is a 'paper dragon' why is Russia so # scared and paranoid about it?

For the same reasons we were concerned about Russian missiles in Cuba in 1960

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join