It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

f22 question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
heyas
I played a mod for battlefield 1942 and there was a plane with thrust vectoring.
If i pointed the nose up i could hover.(btw bf1942 is arcade kinda)
Would the f22 be abled to hover, by pointing its nose 90degrees up, then
reducing power till it hovers. Then use thrust vectoring to maintain it?????????
kinda far fetched i kno, lol

bye

[edit on 1/4/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hmm, it has the thrust to do so (Its engine thrust excedes its weight, but I doubt it could simply sit there like a harries as it lacks the reaction controll jets etc needed to maintain that position.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Possible..if what Fredt says about the thrust force exceeding the weight force of the aircraft then a computer controlled manipulation off the flaps/rudders/canards/nozzles simultaeneously, would enable it to probabaly maintain that position..don't know for how long though..
The computer hydraulic adjustments will have to be extremely fined-tuned and "setient" to the aircraft's constantly updated status..
In other words a closed loop system..
A fine piece of instrumentation engg. it would be..
Maybe its already in place..
The Su-30 series do their stall speed runs (

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Possible..if what Fredt says about the thrust force exceeding the weight force of the aircraft then a computer controlled manipulation off the flaps/rudders/canards/nozzles simultaeneously, would enable it to probabaly maintain that position..don't know for how long though..
The computer hydraulic adjustments will have to be extremely fined-tuned and "setient" to the aircraft's constantly updated status..

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
thanx for your replys,
WHY WAS FREDT BANNED?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 1/4/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
thanx for your replys,
WHY WAS FREDT BANNED?

I think its an april fools that FredTs done himself.

Proper banned members dont show the username (they have (banned member) instead of hte username) - Freds just removed his background and set the second user text line to 'Banned Member'

I had to think about that one!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hmm I seem to be mistaken, the only difference between FredTs 'banned member' message and others is the font color (standard banned member messages are in red) and the font is different.

Plus this FredT thats been 'banned' has a LOT less points than the standard FredT (Fred has > 100,000 this guy has 500).

I still reckon its a wind up

[edit on 1/4/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

Originally posted by zakattack

new topics

top topics

join