It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Are Being ‘Trained’ To Use Literal Witchcraft To Find Dead Bodies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
"Vass, a 62-year-old wearing a blue CSI-Death Valley cap, is teaching his students witching, aka divining or dowsing. It’s a centuries-old practice in which a person walks a straight line holding two bent pieces of metal, or sometimes a Y-shaped twig, until they signal the presence of whatever is being sought underground. Water witches dowse for groundwater. Others use divining rods for seeking precious gems, oil, gold. Or, as in this case, human remains."

www.techdirt.com...

Is this real?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

Is dowsing real? Yup. Been a thing for hundreds -- if not thousands -- of years. Can anyone do it? Supposedly, but some seem to be better at it than others.

Dowsing (Wikipedia)

Are you asking if these cops are really doing this? I have no idea, but it wouldn't be the first time governments officially used dowsing/dowsers for official purposes.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremiah33three
"Vass, a 62-year-old wearing a blue CSI-Death Valley cap, is teaching his students witching, aka divining or dowsing. It’s a centuries-old practice in which a person walks a straight line holding two bent pieces of metal, or sometimes a Y-shaped twig, until they signal the presence of whatever is being sought underground. Water witches dowse for groundwater. Others use divining rods for seeking precious gems, oil, gold. Or, as in this case, human remains."

www.techdirt.com...

Is this real?

If you are asking whether the phenomenon of dowsing is real, the answer is yes. I've done it before. I don't know why it works, but it is no more or less mysterious than other so-called paranormal powers.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes. It works. I've done it. I was not a "believer. I just did it and it worked. The most amazing thing ever. The two rods crossed. It wasn't just slightly; they did so with force. I understand the idea that sub-consciously one could just tilt one rod slightly and let gravity work and then claim success. This was beyond subtle. It was a force you could feel. It was kind of like the force you feel when playing with magnets. We were looking for a broken pipe beneath concrete. It was taught to me by a professional plumber. The rods in this case were made of thick copper wire. Un-friggin-believable. If it hadn't happened to me I would have thought it was utter poppycock.

I don't think this counts as "witchcraft," by the way and frankly, if I were looking for human remains I'd use cadaver dogs.
edit on 3/31/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What is "literal witchcraft"?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Fear of the unknown?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wonder if it would work for cadavers? Interesting if it does. I thought it was just for water. I have a friend that has been doing it for many years, in her county. People call her when the want to put in a well.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

www.techdirt.com...

Is this real?

Isn't it funny that when people decide to take supernatural or spiritual gifts seriously instead of adhering strictly to materialist techniques, it's labeled witchcraft and summarily demonized?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I was given copper rods years ago for crystal hunting. I didn't have any luck, but my youngest has had great success with them. She's used them in her house to locate misplaced items many times, which makes me think our minds' intention plays a part, as well as man having some sort of power or ability to control nature....or something like that. lol

edit on 400000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't know how it works, don't know why it works. I do know it works. I have tried it. It even works in a moving vehicle when going under power lines or over large pipes.

Witching is just a derogatory term used to discredit it.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What is "literal witchcraft"?

Fallen angelic power

We are not alone

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah dude, some good old boys from Tennessee taught me how to do it.
It's not voodoo, it's picking up the magnetic field "distortion" the water causes as it moves.
It is insanely accurate.

An item that works really well are those locate flags they stick into the ground to show loc of utilities.
Split it into thirds, bend at the 1/3 point, use the long 2/3 side to point.
Hold so you don't stop any twisting.

You can test it on the water line coming into your house.
Run the water inside house for an even stronger reaction to the mag field.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Ive suspected that its caused by magnetic field.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Dowsing or divining is exactly the same thing as using an Ouija board. The piece of equipment is irrelevant. It's the intent that counts. It is witchcraft, that is why it is called divining or divination, and the same wicked spirit forces behind the Ouija are behind dowsing.
edit on 31-3-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

There's no reason to think it's caused by magnetic fields. That wouldn't explain how you can use the technique to find non-magnetic targets (like bodies).

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
Dowsing or divining is exactly the same thing as using an Ouija board. The piece of equipment is irrelevant. It's the intent that counts. It is witchcraft, that is why it is called divining or divination, and the same wicked spirit forces behind the Ouija are behind dowsing.

I agree it's probably the same kind of phenomenon as the Ouija board. What makes you think it's "wicked"?

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: visitedbythem

There's no reason to think it's caused by magnetic fields. That wouldn't explain how you can use the technique to find non-magnetic targets (like bodies).

Water is key
What percentage of a human body is water?
Remember on Star Trek in the 70s, the alien life form that referred to Humans as salt water bags?
edit on 31-3-2022 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

www.techdirt.com...

Is this real?

LOL
One of my degrees in Investigative Forensics.......we were never taught witchcraft, that's for sure.

But this:

Bite mark analysis, blood spatter analysis, bullet matching, hair matching, DNA…

...Is legit.
I understand where the author is coming from, but looking over some of his other OPINIONS on the subject...He is wrong on a number of things. And right on other things.

But the hoaky stuff - well, LE departments have been known to even hire psychic before. I kid you not. I have followed missing kid cases and yup, they will sometimes work with someone who claims to be a physic and can find the kid. Note. They never do. They are always wrong.

I did not end up going into crime forensics...for a number of reasons...but the science of forensics develops like any other part of science. Just not sure about the whole witchcraft thing. That seems more faith based lol Id have to actually look more in to it to see why this person of high regard has started this. He seems to be one who is always searching for new methods...
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah dude, some good old boys from Tennessee taught me how to do it.
It's not voodoo, it's picking up the magnetic field "distortion" the water causes as it moves.
It is insanely accurate.

An item that works really well are those locate flags they stick into the ground to show loc of utilities.
Split it into thirds, bend at the 1/3 point, use the long 2/3 side to point.
Hold so you don't stop any twisting.

You can test it on the water line coming into your house.
Run the water inside house for an even stronger reaction to the mag field.

This is interesting. When I have a chance, I am going to have to look into this more.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sweet.

It's real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join