It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Monkeys Wouldn't Use A Mac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"US academics have conducted research into the well-known phenomenon of 'Shakespeare's Monkeys' – which claims an infinite number of monkeys using an infinite number of typewriters would eventually write the complete works of the Bard – and have discovered it would not hold true if the primates were typing on an Apple Mac."

hardware.silicon.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
pfft was aload of BS the apple computer is the computing device of the gods

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Seems like God isn't a monkey then!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i dont know why lots of people hate macs. Macs are a LOT faster than pc's running windows on them.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echotebarknwhale
i dont know why lots of people hate macs. Macs are a LOT faster than pc's running windows on them.

They key word there being WINDOWS
Anyway Macs will not be able to compete in the long run as it is still a proprietary POS. NO Third party hardware for Mac users
PC's running on Linux will kick the crap outta anything and everything, assuming that is it's in the hands of an experienced user. Only thing macs are good for is Graphics Editing. XP has just surpassed Macs in popularity in the Music realm btw. Can't wait till the Linux solution comes out.

FYI I use both XP(for gaming and surfing like im doing now) and Linux(for Work and everything else)

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
members.cox.net...

Says it all.

DE

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hahaha, told you macs suck. I swear, you know what is funny? People say macs are good except for games, WTF!?!?! So you have a mac to type papers? You can do that with pc, same with music. I can't believe it, besides games, you don;t need anything more then a Pent1. Gee, I need something that allows me to type papers, I need a 500 dollar mac!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That was great, DE!

Sardon hit it right on. Apple dug it's own grave with their closed architecture model and have been standing with one foot in it ever since.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Sanc'.
edit: image size

[edit on 2-4-2005 by sanctum]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mac's are very good for design suites and software. If you go into any architecture's office you will more that likely see them all using Macs.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
People, A PC is a PC is a MAC. They use the same transistors and coils and caps. They use the same sillicon and many othe similare hardware components. The ONLY two things that differentiate a mac from a pc is the processor and the OS. Thats it.

Edited to add:

The monkeys probably preferred the XP machines because XP looks like it was made by mattel toys.

[edit on 5/28/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not true kidfinger, Macs can't play games period. I remember when games use to have Great Computer Requirements and Mac Requirements, now they just have Great Computer Requirements cause no Mac can play them. Look at a HL2 box, nothing for Macs, just Intel and AMD. Or Lords of the Realm 3, LOTR 2 had Mac and Great PC requirements, but LOTR 3 only has Great Computer Requirements cause Macs suck.

So, anything a Mac can do a PC can do better, and a PC can do more, like play games, and not suck.

top topics

join