It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repetition, anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone out there has noticed the extremely repetitive nature of the posts lately? if people would actually read through the forums or the website content, most of these long answered questions wouldn't need to be asked.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yeah but ATS is a big message board

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Spot on, goregrinder

You can read about this in my last post on the same thing, a few hours ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, thats the problem with Newbs, and too many members, but hey, gives you something to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's a vicious circle, no doubt. I love the topics like,"I don't think aliens are real".

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Anyone seen a good topic on deja vu lately?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No, but the boards are starting to generate deja vu like a HARRP device. The metaphysical feeling at times is so intense i've actually fallen out of my chair when reading the list of the "most recent posts".

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey hasn't this topic been raised elsewhere?

grumble, grumble newbies....

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Indeed.

But people come to knowledge from a different state of experience and being.

Why, only two hours ago, the fact that George W Bush is a reformed alcoholic was a revelation to many.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thats true I didnt know that he was a drunk. What disturbing news that was.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Indeed.

But people come to knowledge from a different state of experience and being.

Why, only two hours ago, the fact that George W Bush is a reformed alcoholic was a revelation to many.

Bush is a dead give away thye way he pauses inbetween he hilarious speeches u can tell he is a pure alchie.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
When someone post the same EXACT reply as you and it's right below what you posted. I'm like, DUH!! Did you not see that someone else said that very *same* thing already? I know I've done this..and I'm sorry, usually it's due to a very long thread, but when there are 3 replies, would it not hurt to read ALL the replies before posting the exact same thing someone else did?

OK, that's all the complaining from me, please resume your regularly scheduled programme

Magestica

[Edited on 7/18/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
...yeah...and whats more is I hate it when people reply to posts, with the very same reply you had already made...

*looks up at Mags reply*

Ummm...yeah...and ahhh...nice weather ain't it

*dashes for the door*

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
magestica

On repetitive, tautological, heard-it-just-before double posting:

How many times would you notice that the 'guilty party' has in fact constructed something that takes a couple of minutes, and by the time it's posted, a faster typist or more desperately at-the-ready ATS member has just said what they wanted to say, right over the top of them.

In such cases, who is the discourteous one?

You're right though. There are plenty who might read the first few responses in a long topic and chime in with something that has already been said by another person whose post they did not have the courtesy to read. 'Laziness'.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
MA, that is of course the cause of people echoing what was just written. But sometimes people will repeat what someone said a long time ago. Those people are obviously not reading the thread, just the last two or three posts.

But for the main topic, I for one am not about to wade through all of ATS's threads before I create a new topic. How much time do you think I have on my hands? Probably the best thing to do is post the link for the original thread if you have it handy, or simply ignore the repetetive threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That sounds effective Freddie.

There was also a criticism directed at 'Newbs' who splash out their curiosity on an all-too-willing membership.

There ought to be some self-imposed standard of basic understanding before professing one's ignorance to the world at large.

For example, people who don't know what 'PNAC' is in the corrupt Bush administration's agenda could just plug in 'PNAC' in the ATS search function and have some effective summaries from the horse's mouth, and elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the serious replys, masked.

top topics

join