It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical cruelty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Right on, Mike! Very good. You show great wisdom and understanding, not tainted by dogma and false teachings. You see Jesus as the one he is, not what man has made him into being. I feel so much what you say about how awful it is to read about how God ordered his people to kill everyone, both men, women and children. But this more than anything shows us how brutal the world was back then. The children will all be woken up in the ressurection, and will be granted eternal life. I'm sure of that.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   

God is a comedian with an audience too afraid to laugh

I love it!

I remember something about God commanding his people to basically rape the enemy's women, and slaughter their pregnant women as well....no time to find the exact line....

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

God is a comedian with an audience too afraid to laugh

I love it!

I'll only tell you this: Those who say God is a commedian will taste the irony of their own saying. I have first hand knowledge of this, you'll just have to trust me.

I remember something about God commanding his people to basically rape the enemy's women, and slaughter their pregnant women as well....no time to find the exact line....

I have never read that God has ever ordered people to rape anyone. Rape is sex outside marriage, and is not an act of love. PLease support your drastic claims with referances.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mikromarius

Although I would probably agree with you more than Gazrok on more political type issues; I'll have to back him up on this one about the rape thing. Like I've stated before:

"The Torah(Numbers 31:17) pretty much implies that many women were raped; because what woman would willingly get with a man who just destroyed her town and killed her kids and husband?"

These things described in the Bible are justified in the same manner that the rape of Americas indigenous people were.

ONE

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join