It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: People's Convoy Donators - AFCLF Director recently pleaded guilty to fraud.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Full title of article: A nonprofit says it collected over $1.5 million for a D.C.-region-bound truck convoy. Its director recently pleaded guilty to fraud.

I realize this article is a few days old. I feel that it's important enough to post as "Breaking News".

I won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't at least warn people to do their due diligence before donating, and to donate at your own risk.

The AFCLF Organization handling The People's Convoy donations has a shady Director IMO.

Washington Post

In 2020, Milacek pleaded guilty to felony exploitation of an elderly person after taking nearly $15,000 from the bank account of her then-81-year-old aunt, Collin County, Tex., court records show.

Milacek, 57, also pleaded guilty to a separate felony charge of fraudulently using someone’s name, Social Security number and driver’s license number to apply for a PayPal credit card in 2017, court records show. The case involved a different victim.

Milacek received community supervision and deferred adjudication in the cases, court records show. In October, after authorities said she failed to report to her supervision officer, pay court costs and complete an anti-theft program, a judge ordered a warrant for Milacek’s arrest. The Collin County Sheriff’s Office said this week they have no record of her having been arrested.

This doesn't mean that The Peoples Convoy is not to be trusted or anything, but it means that you have to be aware of the AFCLF Director Pam Milacek, and then decide if you want to donate.

I'd recommend providing charity in a face to face manner. Help a trucker, donate to your local Freedom Center, soup kitchen, hostel, etc...

Due diligence always!!!

This has NO bearing of my support for The People's Convoy, but like I said, I couldn't sleep if I didn't let people know.

Props to Augustus who notified me of this.

If I put this in the wrong place, sorry ATS Staff, do what you gotta do.

edit on 3/8/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🚛🚚🚛🚚🚛🚚🛺🚛🚜🚜🚛🚚🛺🚜🚛

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sounds like Blackmail and a Payoff 😎

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Excellent post Myke.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Excellent post Myke.

I don't wanna see anyone get burned.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

To me, this demonstrates how easily a con-artist can step into the lives of passionate people, say the right words to gain their trust believing the con-artist to be one of them, and then swoop up their money. On a broader scale, this is so commonly used in commercials with the friendly guy next door routine or the friendly doctor who only wants what's best for you. We could go on and on with that list.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

She's a real piece of work.

To quote from your article (for those who may not have noticed this)

They don’t trust the government, but they are placing their trust in the nonprofit group, which lists among its top issues “election integrity” on a website decrying “ideological discrimination, “big tech censorship,” “cancel culture” and “forced COVID vaccinations.”

The address listed by the foundation is a co-working space in Boston. A lawyer who lives in California, Christopher Marston, is listed in the foundation’s incorporation paperwork as its president, secretary and treasurer.

That's just creepy, y'know?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

She's a real piece of work.

To quote from your article (for those who may not have noticed this)

They don’t trust the government, but they are placing their trust in the nonprofit group, which lists among its top issues “election integrity” on a website decrying “ideological discrimination, “big tech censorship,” “cancel culture” and “forced COVID vaccinations.”

The address listed by the foundation is a co-working space in Boston. A lawyer who lives in California, Christopher Marston, is listed in the foundation’s incorporation paperwork as its president, secretary and treasurer.

That's just creepy, y'know?

I hear ya.

I don't trust this AFCLF place one bit.

I hope the People's Convoy changes who is handling their money.

Oh, and sorry if I previously referred to you using male pronouns, I just found out that you're female, I apologize..

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The American freedumb convoy (stop copying us) is almost as big an embarrassment as Putin's bogged down convoy in Ukraine.

The Canadian freedom convoy was lightening in a bottle, it ended our mandates as much as our politicians want to deny that they had anything to do with it. The pressure they put on our government was real and everybody in the country felt it. Ottawa's bugmen are still suffering PTSD from the power of Canadian honks.

The only thing I've heard about the American convoy is from Q-adjacent boomers in the darker corners of the net. You guys are bad at this.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That is exactly what happened to BLM. At one time they were a simple community organization and now those who took control are under investigation for fraud.

It is very sad to prey on those with a compassionate movement.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
The American freedumb convoy (stop copying us) is almost as big an embarrassment as Putin's bogged down convoy in Ukraine.

The Canadian freedom convoy was lightening in a bottle, it ended our mandates as much as our politicians want to deny that they had anything to do with it. The pressure they put on our government was real and everybody in the country felt it. Ottawa's bugmen are still suffering PTSD from the power of Canadian honks.

The only thing I've heard about the American convoy is from Q-adjacent boomers in the darker corners of the net. You guys are bad at this.

Thats really not fair to say as the American convoy got drowned out by the Russia/Ukraine war. Our Ottawa "occupation" was also reported to be an insurrection by a very willing media

Trucker convoy: Ottawa ‘under siege’ amid ‘nation-wide insurrection,’ officials say

I donated to the GoFundMe account and got my money back when they froze it.I couldnt log on to the GiveSendGo site but we decided to join the Coutts protest instead. Trudeau issed the Emergency Order a day later. As things escalated I started checking my bank account to see if it was frozen. It was not. Now the money in GiveSendGo is frozen and being fought over. Tamara Lich ,who organized the fund raiser, was arrested and held without bail but is out now.

Now the backlash is the Freedom truckers should go fight for the Real freedom in Ukraine. Yes, alot of mandates started being removed but the border is still closed to the unvaxxed. One of very few countries doing this. I am amazed how few understand this and have no idea what is going on in their own Country behind their backs.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

You don't know sh#t about sh#t.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What happened to BLM is a typical Democrat dodge. BLM's donations were handled by a group called "Thousand Currents". After the 2020 election BLM wound down and "Thousand Currents" transferred the money else where. People and corporations thought that they were donating to BLM when they weren't. Typical shell game.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I can only venture a guess, or an observation on this but it seems to me that ''passion'' for political points of view seem to cloud our minds. I know that sounds shallow but I see good people from all sides losing touch with the center once their passion takes charge. I know it's much deeper than that but at this point I don't know how to get to a way of understanding it better.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I can only venture a guess, or an observation on this but it seems to me that ''passion'' for political points of view seem to cloud our minds. I know that sounds shallow but I see good people from all sides losing touch with the center once their passion takes charge. I know it's much deeper than that but at this point I don't know how to get to a way of understanding it better.

It seems that lies don't matter when the passion fits with a loose ideology. Qanon and his followers are still a force even though Q has faded into obscurity. I wonder how many convoy drivers are Q adherents?

deadstate.org...
edit on 11-3-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think that among all of the , call them ''life lessons?'', that surround us these days one of the strongest is this idea of becoming self directing. Better, make that self activating. In doing so it becomes obvious that for a large extent, people are not. The examples of , may I call this ''non-activated?'' abound so I will not waste our time on examples or lists.

Anyway, it also becomes clear that our society does not promote self activation even though there are a plethora books and self help gurus who will happily take a dollar for their wisdom. But in general there is to much ''sit back and be entertained while we cook your food for you that you can buy in little boxes or cans to take home and heat in your microwaves. (god I'm sorry for such a simplistic description there).

Where we are now in history may only be fully understood from the ''future'' when ''now'' is in the ''past'', though it seems that there is a strong possibility that ''now'' may only be seen by most of our descendants as ''uh, you know, those guys back then''. But this being the case, there is an awfully large amount of indication that this whole edifice, this whole juggernaut we call modern civilization is on a brink. True or not, this or that, this ''meme'', at least'' is being picked up by more and more people every day. You must know this at least as well as I as you are in the ''industry'' that has been promulgating this ''meme'' for several decades.

So, as people pick up on and begin to internalize this idea, that we are on the ''brink of destruction'', life can begin to become more existential and as that existentialism filters to the core of an individual there are, as I see it, three things that might be done with it.

One is to ignore it. The second is what so many of the existentialist philosophers did which was to turn into depression and glumness. The third though is where so many of us are now, looking to become ''self activating'' and taking a part in staving off this perceived apocalypse. Or at least secure for oneself a path into a more hopeful future once all this crap has passed.

I think that this third group are people, from either side of our spectrum'' that become ''activists''. These people feel that they are ''waking up'' and that others need to as well. But the problem with ''waking up'' is where do we turn when we think we are? One huge mistake I think is believing that one is now awake. When we fail to realize that it's a process of self investigating activation and not just a switch that can be flipped we become vulnerable. Vulnerable to cons like Q. And you know who.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

When we fail to realize that it's a process of self investigating activation and not just a switch that can be flipped we become vulnerable. Vulnerable to cons like Q. And you know who.

Copy that....I used to be a Neiticheian/Watts styled cynic but with this "new religion" being accepted by the masses; my previous cynicism has morphed into despair. So I can only take reality in small doses. I've been sober for a long time now but damn if a nice Salty dog or a Sunrise wouldn't hit the spot.

I do feel a tinge of guilt from time to time about creating the "meme" but operating with that culture of creatives is worth a little guilt added to my already sizable collection.

edit on 11-3-2022 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Full title of article: A nonprofit says it collected over $1.5 million for a D.C.-region-bound truck convoy. Its director recently pleaded guilty to fraud.
I realize this article is a few days old. I feel that it's important enough to post as "Breaking News".

I won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't at least warn people to do their due diligence before donating, and to donate at your own risk.

The AFCLF Organization handling The People's Convoy donations has a shady Director IMO.

Washington Post

In 2020, Milacek pleaded guilty to felony exploitation of an elderly person after taking nearly $15,000 from the bank account of her then-81-year-old aunt, Collin County, Tex., court records show.

Milacek, 57, also pleaded guilty to a separate felony charge of fraudulently using someone’s name, Social Security number and driver’s license number to apply for a PayPal credit card in 2017, court records show. The case involved a different victim.

Milacek received community supervision and deferred adjudication in the cases, court records show. In October, after authorities said she failed to report to her supervision officer, pay court costs and complete an anti-theft program, a judge ordered a warrant for Milacek’s arrest. The Collin County Sheriff’s Office said this week they have no record of her having been arrested.

This doesn't mean that The Peoples Convoy is not to be trusted or anything, but it means that you have to be aware of the AFCLF Director Pam Milacek, and then decide if you want to donate.

I'd recommend providing charity in a face to face manner. Help a trucker, donate to your local Freedom Center, soup kitchen, hostel, etc...

Due diligence always!!!

This has NO bearing of my support for The People's Convoy, but like I said, I couldn't sleep if I didn't let people know.

Props to Augustus who notified me of this.

If I put this in the wrong place, sorry ATS Staff, do what you gotta do.

link   

I think that among all of the , call them ''life lessons?'', that surround us these days one of the strongest is this idea of becoming self directing. Better, make that self activating. In doing so it becomes obvious that for a large extent, people are not. The examples of , may I call this ''non-activated?'' abound so I will not waste our time on examples or lists.

Anyway, it also becomes clear that our society does not promote self activation even though there are a plethora books and self help gurus who will happily take a dollar for their wisdom. But in general there is to much ''sit back and be entertained while we cook your food for you that you can buy in little boxes or cans to take home and heat in your microwaves. (god I'm sorry for such a simplistic description there).

Where we are now in history may only be fully understood from the ''future'' when ''now'' is in the ''past'', though it seems that there is a strong possibility that ''now'' may only be seen by most of our descendants as ''uh, you know, those guys back then''. But this being the case, there is an awfully large amount of indication that this whole edifice, this whole juggernaut we call modern civilization is on a brink. True or not, this or that, this ''meme'', at least'' is being picked up by more and more people every day. You must know this at least as well as I as you are in the ''industry'' that has been promulgating this ''meme'' for several decades.

So, as people pick up on and begin to internalize this idea, that we are on the ''brink of destruction'', life can begin to become more existential and as that existentialism filters to the core of an individual there are, as I see it, three things that might be done with it.

One is to ignore it. The second is what so many of the existentialist philosophers did which was to turn into depression and glumness. The third though is where so many of us are now, looking to become ''self activating'' and taking a part in staving off this perceived apocalypse. Or at least secure for oneself a path into a more hopeful future once all this crap has passed.

I think that this third group are people, from either side of our spectrum'' that become ''activists''. These people feel that they are ''waking up'' and that others need to as well. But the problem with ''waking up'' is where do we turn when we think we are? One huge mistake I think is believing that one is now awake. When we fail to realize that it's a process of self investigating activation and not just a switch that can be flipped we become vulnerable. Vulnerable to cons like Q. And you know who.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When we fail to realize that it's a process of self investigating activation and not just a switch that can be flipped we become vulnerable. Vulnerable to cons like Q. And you know who.

Copy that....I used to be a Neiticheian/Watts styled cynic but with this "new religion" being accepted by the masses; my previous cynicism has morphed into despair. So I can only take reality in small doses. I've been sober for a long time now but damn if a nice Salty dog or a Sunrise wouldn't hit the spot.

I do feel a tinge of guilt from time to time about creating the "meme" but operating with that culture of creatives is worth a little guilt added to my already sizable collection.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join