It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody notice Discord?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This was reported yesterday:

President Biden's Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy has formally called on tech companies to provide information on sources and the scale of COVID-19 misinformation, The Washington Post has reported. "This is about protecting the nation’s health," he told The Post in a written statement. "Technology companies now have the opportunity to be open and transparent with the American people about the misinformation on their platforms."
They have until May 15 to turn over individuals names and what content they were spreading. Scary stuff

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

It sure the hell is...scary (and infuriating) stuff!!

Who is the arbitrator for deciding what is "misinformation" and what is not??? Is there a law somewhere which defines this, one which was voted on and approved by the whole of the American people? Or, is it just how one person defines it based on who pays their payola and put a swimming pool in their backyard?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

My point.

Censorship is only ever desired by those that are dishonest and dishonorable.

Nobody else has any use for it

So says 2000 years of human history.

Now who has been censoring in the U.S. again?

edit on 4-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I always notice discord. It's everywhere nowadays. Family members disagreeing over stupid crap. Strangers arguing at stores. Discord is abundant.

I don't go there much, but I always thought that was a weird name too! Only reason I even know of it is because of the site that was set up around the time ATS was in transition. We used it mainly for chatting back then, trying to put together some plans for next steps. So that's all I really know about it, but it is also the reason I noticed the changes. Plus, I got an email about it too as a result of being a member from those days.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   
First time I ever heard of Discord, had to look it up to see what it is..I'de probably get banned there because what is fake for one group of people is reality for another. seems that science is used against us more than for us....and in the case of politics, beliefs in a group govern whether the information is fake or real.

The war in Ukraine is bad, but for those manufacturing the weapons it is good. Bad and good are not so clearcut as people think. What is good for one person can be bad for another person.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The date is already set when they will come for the ones on their list. The ones who they say have been promoting and spreading misinformation. The ones who are a danger to society for refusing vaccinations. The ones who refused to turn over their guns. Checkpoints will be everywhere with military and police having copies of this list with buses waiting to be loaded with the “Terrorist” and then driven to their new “Learning Center” where most won’t leave alive.
You have a little over 2 years to prepare for a way to avoid capture. I study and work on it daily because I know they will be coming for me.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

As you can see from my reply above, I haven't really used it much either, and hadn't even heard about it until the whole ATS thing was going down. I was actually surprised it was as open as it was in terms of restrictions. This is actually the reason why I made the OP. I realized right away after becoming a member the potential it had when I started learning the ways others figured out to use it as a communications medium. The concept is actually a great idea...or should I say, "WAS" a great idea. Now, it has become pretty clear everything you say there will be carefully monitored. That is, IF they intend to enforce any of these new rules they have come up with.

Micro-SHAFT has expressed interest in buying them (I've heard $10 billion thrown around as a purchase number), so this is likely just Discord conforming to the NWO way of life to sweeten the deal...similar to what Tumblr did before the Yahoo buyout. At least that's my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcsnacks77

The date is already set when they will come for the ones on their list.

Everyone is on a list.

There is no escape from an enemy for ANYONE.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

As you can see from my reply above, I haven't really used it much either, and hadn't even heard about it until the whole ATS thing was going down. I was actually surprised it was as open as it was in terms of restrictions. This is actually the reason why I made the OP. I realized right away after becoming a member the potential it had when I started learning the ways others figured out to use it as a communications medium. The concept is actually a great idea...or should I say, "WAS" a great idea. Now, it has become pretty clear everything you say there will be carefully monitored. That is, IF they intend to enforce any of these new rules they have come up with.

Micro-SHAFT has expressed interest in buying them (I've heard $10 billion thrown around as a purchase number), so this is likely just Discord conforming to the NWO way of life to sweeten the deal...similar to what Tumblr did before the Yahoo buyout. At least that's my thoughts on the matter.

Funny how they make a totally worthless business into a business worth ten billion bucks. I would bet all the actual tangable assets of that company is worth less than maybe five million bucks....wages of workers eats up a lot of their profits and so does software upgrades every so often. I would rather invest in a farm myself, at least it is real and tangable.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

Well, I don't think they'll ever get away with something like what you suggest, but what you will see is those social media sites becoming more and more cloistered by government propaganda, and more in-bred with their membership.

What I think is going to happen is people will continue to migrate away from sites like that. The real question will be if those numbers are significant enough to protect future generations from falling into the same trap by default.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It’s decided by who isn’t towing the line or the government agenda. The many lines drawn will be easily crossed. Like saying there’s only 2 genders. They have to be able to remove autonomy from society. Too difficult to control it when people have a self-think mind. It will be all about a group think mind but they will still have separations by groups because a single group all thinking alike can band together and overthrow the system if they become discouraged or feel unfairly treated.
Twelve groups will be how they divide everyone. All taught to not like the other 11. Classic psychological control.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Synonyms & Antonyms for discord
Synonyms: Noun

conflict, disaccord, discordance, discordancy, disharmony, dissension (also dissention), dissent, dissidence, dissonance, disunion, disunity, division, friction, infighting, inharmony, schism, strife, variance, war, warfare

www.merriam-webster.com...

We cant have this now can we?

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This is exactly right too. And people wonder why things are so expensive. I've said this for quite a while. Just take FailBook as an example; they have virtually no capital assets, everything is leased, yet their value is computed in billions and not millions. I just can't wrap my head around some of those economics, at a fundamental level. Sure, "Intellectual Property" (IP) is part of it, but how do you define IP after ownership changes and business models change as a result? You can't. So where does that money go?

Just out of curiosity, last night I looked up this Jason Citron dude (the CEO and co-creator of Discord). The media is throwing around $10 billion numbers, but Citron's net worth is only something like $3 million and he makes about $500k a year. He's already sold a couple of his companies (to the Japanese) for billions, yet his net worth isn't anywhere near that. So where did all that cash go? It's like it just vanishes. Definitely a rabbit hole to go down next time you want to investigate something.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD

We were never meant to win, in that vain all is good

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I like things that are real, not deception. Yet most people seem to think deception is the best investment because people cannot tell what deception is these days.

Take for instance the funding and weapons that NATO and the USA are giving to the Ukraine. They are giving them money to fight, to kill or get killed. Is that really helping anyone if you are funding their death? Notice nobody else is putting their military people at risk to help. Sure doesn't look like we are allies of the people of Ukraine, the only one profiting from the war are the businesses making the weapons and ammo.

I saw on TV today some American that was selling candles to support the Ukrainians...They will probably give the money to some organization that will use most of it to pay high dollars to the people running the organization. Just like the red cross uses most of it's money to pay high wages to it's top people with only maybe twenty five percent benefitting the people in need. So how is selling or buying candles going to show our support for Ukraines people fleeing the war....sounds kind of dumb to me, we as a world should be trying to show that war is not the answer to our problems. We should respect others for being nice, not support them because they have power. Diplomacy is the best solution yet it seems the people running the west military and the Russian military want to prove the money spent was spent wisely...so they need war to show what they do is necessary......why can't we all just get along and not be polarized, why don't people respect honesty and peace. The deceivers, greedy, and power hungry are running the world these days, and I am not happy about that. But that is what we got, I guess we cannot change that, everyone seems to want people to take a side. Why?

Just because we have different beliefs does not mean we have to destroy the lives of others who do not believe as we do. I guess all humans are created equal except those who want power and prestige.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Has anyone suggested they change their site name from "discord" to "forced accord"?

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I think that TeamChat is no more.

This is not video games that we are playing. It is the old fashioned dungeons and dragons type games played with pen, paper, dice and miniatures. You can't play this kind of game without talking to each other. We use Roll20 for the dice and maps, but the Roll20 audio quality is sketchy.
edit on 5 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It would be hard. They can't do it en masse. There are too many people and not enough of them.

They would need to go about it piecemeal - one group at a time. I am pretty sure this is how the Germans operated back when they had the camps and it's likely how China operates now. Pick off one smaller group of undesirables at a time and no one not in that group stands up for them. Once they are gone, you move on to the next.

If they control the narrative effectively enough, it can happen. And by the time they work around to groups who think they're still safe, there is no one left who might have stood with them. Those people are already disappeared from society.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What do you think sanctions cause? More anger and hatred toward the ones doing the sanctions. You see Russians being fired from jobs in other countries, athletes stopped from competing, people having their possessions seized, companies boycotted. How does any of that hurt the Russian government? All it does is make the Russian people suffer and starve which creates hate. Fighting hate with hate breeds more hate. But that’s what the world leaders want plus it gives them a reason to raise gas prices and raise food prices without people getting angry.
Which raises another question as to why are oil prices going up so fast and higher than they have ever been? The supply of it hasn’t decreased. The same amount of oil that came out last month is coming out this month. So why are the prices so high? Because they have an excuse for them being that high that’s why. The world is full of people who just accept what they are told as truth without needing an explanation or asking any questions.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's odd that there was an almost fanatical infatuation with "accurate news" during the Trump admin, but almost everyone here (most I've seen) agrees that there are serious, SERIOUS inaccuracies, doctored & out of date/out of context photos in use, and manipulated "news" reports being filed on the Russia-Ukraine conflict, daily, from both sides. Yet it doesn't seem to be bothering the MSM (who are in on the fraud) and their most loyal customers very much.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." - William J. Casey, CIA Director .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join