It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Hoax Is Being Used To Usher In Digital Currency

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was wondering what the different purposes of the Ukraine narrative, but I didn't see this one.
This short video explains how the Ukraine-Russia routine is being used to usher in digital currencies:
www.bitchute.com...

In the video, there is an article that is highlighted. It can be hard to read, so I'll post it here as well:

Russia, along with China, has been attempting to reduce its reliance on the dollar, both in payments and in debt markets, but international trade is extremely difficult without access to the greenback. Only the largest currencies have liquid cross-currency swap markets with their most frequent pairs. Everyone else takes a route through the dollar.

www.omfif.org...

The idea is that the covenant routine of good cop bad cop will be used as an excuse to tightly regulate currency, and thus our privacy goes with it. For your protection of course.

(post by randomuser removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisenox

A digital US dollar was in the pipeline long before Pooty Poot went off his meds. The Federal Reserve has put out white papers on the topic and is currently soliciting for the project.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think people who talk with the verbiage of digital currencies arent knowledgable enough to define the difference between Bitcoin and Fedcoin

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we can tie everything that's going on to bringing us to a one world government. Trump disrupted the timeline and they had to kick things in high gear to make up for lost time.

I can't believe the US isn't bordering bankruptcy after all the reckless spendy that started in the name of covid.

The oligarch want a one world currency, and in order to make that acceptable a lot of countries need to go bankrupt, which appears to be happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I think people who talk with the verbiage of digital currencies arent knowledgable enough to define the difference between Bitcoin and Fedcoin

Good point. I automatically assume, since this is discussed weekly at work in its actual context, that people are on the same page and understand the terminology. The ironic part is I'm in Salt Lake right now at the US Payment Forum and there's at least five people here from the Fed and we were all talking about this topic.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Dont worry! When they crash the Dollar, and all other currencies, they will have a brand new digital currency ready for you in no time. It will work great too! With a built in auto tax on every transaction.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

From 2021

The Fed Plans to Unveil Digital Dollar Prototypes in July The Federal Reserve is actively working on a central bank digital currency and some prototypes are near completion. The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) plan to unveil two prototypes of a digital dollar as early as July.
"We would not proceed with this without support from Congress, and I think that would ideally come in the form of an authorizing law, rather than us trying to interpret our law to enable this."

news.bitcoin.com...

Following the long-awaited Fed discussion paper about the pros and cons of a potential U.S. central bank digital currency (CBDC) on Jan. 20, Bank of America economic analysts said they anticipate a U.S. CBDC to be issued between 2025 and 2030.

www.go... bankingrates.com/banking/technology/digital-us-dollar-by-2025-inevitable-evolution-bank-of-america-analysts-suggest/

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

As weve discussed in the past, theres no stopping it, just disagreements as to how it will roll out and im whos favor.

If i buy your box of cigars, will you take my Bitcoin? If yes, will the shipping company only accept Fedcoin?

Thus we havnt solved anything but expedience.

Is anyone discussing crypto there? On/off ramps, processors, converters etc?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The Boston Fed representative was here today and covered this in depth. It's still in the work up stage and input is still being gathered. I would think an actual timeline for when you might see it is closer to the end of the decade but it is coming.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Here's an Interesting Story . I am Sure the US Embassy Official Website has a Perfect Explanation for that Untimely Move....Hmm......

" Why did the US embassy official website just REMOVE all evidence of Ukrainian bioweapons labs? "

(Natural News) The official US embassy website recently REMOVED all evidence of bio-labs in Ukraine. These bio-labs are funded and jointly operated by the US Department of Defense (DOD). The laboratory documents were public knowledge up until February 25, 2022. These documents include important construction, financing and permit details for bioweapon laboratories in Ukraine. But now the US government is scrubbing these documents from the internet and becoming less transparent with this critical information. This comes at a time when the world population is waking up to the reality of gain-of-function bioweapons research, lab leaks and predatory vaccine and diagnostics development. These bio-labs generate pathogens of pandemic potential that exploit human immune systems and are the foundation for which medical fraud, malpractice, vaccine-induced death and genocide originates.

www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 2-3-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Is anyone discussing crypto there? On/off ramps, processors, converters etc?

Yeah, but it was more of a sales pitch than a use case. The general consensus among the attendees is that crypto is way too volatile to function as a currency. There were some merchant acquirers who are allowing you to pay with crypto but the transactions are not instant (they basically 'float' the funds from a stable coin) as it cannot meet ISO 20022 and 27001.

The FedPay reps were here and made a solid use case for instant payments via 20022 and the global adoption that is gaining traction around this. I except you'll see heavy adoption through this year and into next. EMV chip is already at 70%+ and this is just follow on.

ETA: For the all 'ruh-oh, ders a dergertal currency coming!' types they would totally sperg out if they got to participate in the mDL/EID talks.

edit on 2-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Erm, the governments of the world (the ones that count) wants digital currencies to die a horrible death.

So that their CBDC can be king.

I'm no expert, but I know that much.

Another option is to "wrap" existing DC's to bring them into a CB system. Not really sure of the technical aspects of that though.

edit on 3/2/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

You're non-expert assessment is pretty close to the reality. But it's also merchants, payments processors, issuing/acquiring banks and retailers. These are also all the same groups that want Digital ID to go along with this.

On your edit, MIT has already put together some prototype instant payment digital currencies for the Fed, they will not be using or rolling existing cryptos into the scheme.

edit on 2-3-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: MykeNukem

You're non-expert assessment is pretty close to the reality. But it's also merchants, payments processors, issuing/acquiring banks and retailers. These are also all the same groups that want Digital ID to go along with this.

Oh, I'm glad you replied.

There are e-coins that are "wrapped" now so that they can have other properties or attributes added which could bring them into a Central Bank system, have you heard any talk of that?

ETA: yea the Digital ID seems to go hand in hand with these new systems.

edit on 3/2/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🚚🚚🚚

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Exactly as many predicted.

Ripple, since 2012 has been developing a network for remittance and settlement. Thus we saw the price of their currency rise to 3+ dollars per. Since, there has been rollouts of new networks, coins and protocols which surpass the speed and efficiency.

From what you say, my perception is that they are still behind. Will be curious to see what kind of network, and how much transparency, Fedcoin will have.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

There are e-coins that are "wrapped" now so that they can have other properties or attributes added which could bring them into a Central Bank system, have you heard any talk of that?

Zero.

The eventual digital dollar will be it's own scheme that will basically function like cash in your pocket except it can be used instantly for P2P, P2B and B2B without any latency issues or volatility that crypto has.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

From what you say, my perception is that they are still behind. Will be curious to see what kind of network, and how much transparency, Fedcoin will have.

I can tell you who will have 100% transparency, your pals at the Internal Revenue Service. While it will function like cash it will also be traceable on a ledger. The primary hurdle is getting the latency where it's needed for trillions of dollars in real world transactions per day and it appears that has been resolved.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Zero.

The eventual digital dollar will be it's own scheme that will basically function like cash in your pocket except it can be used instantly for P2P, P2B and B2B without any latency issues or volatility that crypto has.

That makes me lean towards they'll ban de-centralized crypto altogether at some point.
edit on 3/2/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That makes me lean towards they'll ban de-centralized crypto altogether at some point.

I think regulations will impact it but it will never be a viable currency. You're going up against all the largest banks and payment schemes on the planet, they aren't giving that up but I do have to tell you that a digital dollar limits what, if anything, they can take in a transaction, particularly if it is P2P and instant. There's no middle person(s) like with a credit card.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join