It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Typhoon fighters launched against aircraft 'approaching UK area of interest' for second day in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A brief stint flying a KC-135 one day

You didn't crash it and jump out with a parachute and your wife and friends, did you?

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Jumping out of a KC would be an…interesting experience, but no. If anything I would have stolen it and kept it.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I remember in the 1970s and 1980s, the USSR would send a "Bear" usually fitted-out for recon camera and such instead of weapons, into various NATO countries airspace practically monthly. Back then, it was more about measuring response times and what equipment (aircraft) would be dispatched to intercept.

These days, it seems like more of a public relations stunt. As if to say "we are strong, we still matter, pay attention to us."

Reminds me of the Pakleds from ST:NG ... "We have Geordi, we are strong."

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

but they are strong and know how to make things go
Jordi not required

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I will keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Watched a variety of RAF on QRA over the years ,The English Electric Lightning would need a refuel tanker about a minute after wheels up when it was on a mission , phantoms were quite quick off the mark too but would be less reliant on a tanker ....the tornado's were alright but I always preferred the ground attack ones more

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No, it's kimd of BS but real at the same time. It kinda Hurts tho.....
edit on 16-2-2022 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I met an EE Lightning RAF pilot on a train once. Got talking and asked him what armaments they carried.

He replied something like "two Firestreak missiles, Aden cannon and if all else fails 45,000lb of scrap metal going at Mach 2".

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

I never felt so much pain in my life bafore. I will overcome this. It hurts so much. But that is my commitment. I will survive,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join