It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Suspends Whoopi Goldberg for 2 weeks over her comments on the Holocaust

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Are 'undesirables' a race?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I will always see W.G. as Guinan.
www.startrek.com...
That's probably the best and only way we should think of Guinan.

Infact, whoopi should go back and watch all the old TNG episodes, IT MIGHT KNOCK SOME GOOD'OLE FASHION SENSE INTO HER.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think it is quite obvious that Woopi is a racist whom either wilfully genuinely did not know that there are many races (Ethnicity's) called white just as there are many races (ethnicity's) of black folk's.

What she does not seem to understand though is a part of it is the simply and genuine fact that some of the most racist people AGAINST black people in the world are to be found within Africa and are also black were many tribes see themselves as separate races and in fact this is born out by genetic analysis of groups that often show distinct differences though in the last few hundred years due to European intervention causing mass movement around the continent of Africa these differences have been made less as people have mixed.

Still many South African black people for example often do not like other black people of DIFFERENT ETHNICITYS and national origins coming into there country in search of better paying jobs and putting there own noses out of the trough in the process.

But she is coming at it from a US centric racist approach, in the US we on the outside are often appalled at the level of racism found between your groups, Irish Vs Italians, Germans Vs French, Black's vs Hispanic's and Whites (what is White given that in the US it is actually MANY Ethnic groups?).

Instead of using her fame in a constructive and healing fashion she has acted divisively and also shown an extreme ignorance and bias as well as a lack of care and empathy.

The Jews always remembered there own ancestors were slaves and often spoke out against it despite there own often second class status in society.
jewishdocumentaries.info...
forward.com...
And even in more recent times in South Africa.
www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk...

So too Woopy, what the hell is in your mind woman are you really that biased, bigoted and ignorant of the facts, I thought you were an intelligent talented actress but you have shown yourself to be tainted by the current tribalism and interclan racism that is tearing your nation apart, instead of being a voice of reason and healing you have spoken from the septic heart of evil, wake up and learn the bloody truth for God's sake and your own.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
How does it happen that someone called Goldberg isn’t pro Jew?

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

Her REAL name is Caryn Johnson.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ahh thanks TAT! That makes more sense now.

I wonder if that means she’s culturally misappropriating with her stage name?

a reply to: IAMTAT

edit on 2-2-2022 by Dalamax because: Words words words

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
In her defense she is just stupid.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

If she wasn't talking about the holocaust what would have happened?

For example, if she'd said that the killing of Armenians by Turkish troops wasn't about race, or the killing of slovacs by the Nazi?

I doubt that most people would even get to hear about it

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro
2 weeks suspension is not enough , she will be forgiven. Hopefully her ratings take a good beating.

If Fox News said the same thing all hell would break lose.

Agreed.
She is basically getting a two week vacation.

Why aren't there a list of celebrities pulling out of ABC?
That should happen, right?
Since by allowing Whoopie to come back to the show, ABC will be supporting Holocaust misinformation.
All celebrities should boycott ABC, refuse to do interviews, quit shows that are aired on ABC, etc.
And shouldn't the White House kick any ABC news personnel out of the White House and all other government property???

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Double standards.

Double the trouble.

Double the fun.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Holocaust was a racial issue aka Master Race. Also there were many other victims, not just Jews, is what is forgotten so often sadly. Now, her argument is kind of circular and bland though. If she says the holocaust was not because of race but inhumanity humans are capable of, that's kind of circular.

But she dropped, or they cut it like that, she was saying at the very end "this was done to white people by white people", which makes her logic obvious. So because it is white on white it wasn't about race.

This excuse from her looks like arguing semantics and with the context from her history, it makes it even look cheap and is almost and insult my intelligence she is now trying to go down that route "it's about inhumanity".

She tried to pull the "racism is not racism if it's not against blacks" card and failed.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Dalamax

Her REAL name is Caryn Johnson.

This comes up high in internet searches regarding her.... "What is Whoopie Goldberg's real name?"

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My wife is an Evil Joo, she's as white as white comes being Hungarian and Rooshen, I'm not really seeing Judaism as a race, it's a religion.

My neighbor Goldberg is a cretin but I don't see the major issue with what she said.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My wife is an Evil Joo, she's as white as white comes being Hungarian and Rooshen, I'm not really seeing Judaism as a race, it's a religion.

My neighbor Goldberg is a cretin but I don't see the major issue with what she said.

You are correct that it is a religion, even Sammy Davis Jr was Jewish.
Many people see the Holocaust as a race issue in that the Nazis viewed Jews as a group that needed to be removed in order to keep the German peoples genetic makeup pure.
It definitely was an ethnic issue. Maybe Goldberg would have been better off to have mentioned that in her brushoff of it being a race issue.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Agreed, it was certainly an ethnic situation. Ethnic Poles, French, Austrians, etc, were the targets. Those people were primarily Caucasian, so their race was the for the most part the same as their prosecutors.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
They gave her a two week PAID vacation.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
After all the BS they spew,
we now know who they're NOT allowed to criticize

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just another BS political game scripted by ABC. Don't fall for it !!! 🤣

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
She must have said much worse things than that. Plus her point went beyond race, as in we are one race so it is man's inhumanity to man. I don't see that as controversy, but some how it was made into one.

ETA: That logic of "if it was white on white, then it isn't about race" clearly makes it a racist comment IMO.
edit on 2-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I hope her show stays on and they keep her.

Silencing stupid people is still censorship.

More people need to hear what an idiot she and her leftist allies are really like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join