It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtuber Creates World's First Retractable Lightsaber That Can Cut Thru Metal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. A Youtuber from Russia has Created a real life Lightsaber with a retractable blade that can reach over 5,072 Fahrenheit! We've got flying cars and lightsabers now all we need are some Jedi Knights!

Alex Burkan, behind the YouTube channel Alex Lab, was recognized by Guinness World Records for the over 3 foot plasma blade that reaches temperatures over 5,072 degrees Fahrenheit and can cut through steel, according to a news release.

Burkan told Guinness his main field of research was in hydrogen generation equipment and creating the saber was a daunting task.

This is cool with a capital "K!" A guy has created a real life lightsaber! Actually, it's more like a glorified torch but kudos to him for trying. Also, it still has some kinks to be worked out; sometimes it explodes because the Hydrogen torch isn't as stable as it should be according to the article. Additionally, It also only works for 30 seconds at full power! You can't have a lightsaber battle in 30 seconds! So, it may be a while before this item is in the hands of the public but an interesting yet cool development, nonetheless. What say you, ATS?

www.youtube.com...
www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

That's pretty nice. I was expecting him to still have it connected to a couple tanks with a hose, like a regular torch, but nope, it's all in the handle.

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that I'm not seeing any big obvious scars on his hands or face, or maybe missing a finger or something....
edit on 1/26/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
It's a torch.

Super impressive when he melted a thin sheet of lead with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It's a torch.

Yeah, the article is a little misleading with the title "LIghtsaber" but I still give him a point for effort.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Change to guy makes torch with light Sabre handle.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They need to make something with like a motorized telescopic titanium diffuser so they dont just pass through each other if you want to hit someone else's light saber.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
By giving energy to a bond, you can separate molecules and cut through almost anything. A lasar does this, so does a knife. Energy from us and our movement flows to a blade where it is concentrated which allows the knife to cut through meat, the configuration of the blade can increase the energy flow to the point of the blade.

This is dangerous technology, it can create weapons that are hard to defend ourselves against and of course the military will start to utilize these.

so will criminals.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hacksmith team did it over a year ago. They have a channel dedicated to weird science projects including building nerd toys and testing sci fi gimmicks with real world physics.

edit on 26-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I watched the video. Pretty cool. Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: butcherguy
It's a torch.

Yeah, the article is a little misleading with the title "LIghtsaber" but I still give him a point for effort.

Oh, he definitely made a torch look cool.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Imagine bumbling around and dropping that laser!?!

I could see that happening and me, instinctively, trying to grab it... but swiftly amputating and cauterizing all my fingers off.

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
At best it’s a proto saber…

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Canadian blogger made it in 2020. And their sword looks like it's real movie analogue.
Hacksmith used the effect of laminar flow in creating the light note, the concerted burning gas in a long-shaped torch emerging from a characteristic handle. Gases at a temperature of about 2200 ℃, which allows you to melt metal sheets and even steel doors without problems and quite quickly.
And this beam can change colors. For example, if you add sodium chloride or boric acid to the supply system, the plasma turns blue or green, like a Jedi, and when using strontium chloride, it turns red. But the invention has a huge minus: it still needs a wired connection. According to the author, for truly portable use, you will need a battery that will produce more energy than a nuclear power plant.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

More like a large plasma torch than a lightsabre but impressive nonetheless.

Main difference being you are not going to be able to sword fight with the things as the flames would simply pass through one another with no bind.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

This one is mobile though, a different feat. Although just 30 seconds, it requires a different set of skills, probably mini custom high pressure tank in there and all the electrickery seems to be done in the handle too.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Deadman switch becomes a whole new meaning with these light sabers

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Im more impressed with the Disney patent on their working lightsaber. They made it so it seems real just like the movie

disneyparks.disney.go.com...

This is not CGI

top topics

join