It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Stitch doll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
cgi.ebay.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Now that is wild! I am avid Ebayer and I never saw that auction. Yes, I believe this could be for real. My wife when she was a teenager won a large stuffed animal, a lion, from a traveling carnival. It seemed to have the power to move itself around her room when no one was present. She would for example place it on the bed, lock her door and come back later in the day...the lion would be on the floor. It would relocate itself all the time. Nobody was getting into the room either. Fortunately for her when she threw it out in the trash (she eventually became terrified of it) it remained there and was hauled off by the the trash truck. A girl I used to date...before my wife, LOL...was associated closely to the Satanic Church. I dated her after she got away from the church. Anyways, she told me that there were different types of demons....like a hiearchy. She said there were low level demons that could not only possess animals but inhabit inanimate objects like dolls. Now, I don't if this is true or not. Maybe someone here at ATS has read or studied up on this and can verify or tell me other wise. No I'm not going to bid on the Stitch doll!!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think you have to be very careful when buying "haunted" items from ebay for 2 reasons

1) It may actually be haunted
2) Its most likely someone trying to con you

There are a lot of people out there who would be easily taken in by anyone claiming to sell a haunted anything, and besides who would want to willingly invite a possible negative energy into there home? I certainly wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
how in the world did that little cute stitch doll get cursed!!!?!?!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This sounds similar to one of Ed Warren's cases about a rag doll named Annabelle. I think this is b.s. though. The story is what 's going to sell that doll. The story is actually very interesting.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Judging by the guy's past items sold, I think he may not have written an objective description of "Stitch." He has a few "fantasy" items that he's sold in the past.

All of his customers are satisfied, though. He's got a good feedback score.

Maybe I should sell locks of my hair as being haunted.

If the item is cursed, why put others through the same hell by CHARGING them for it?

Duhr.

Dot.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Any thoughts?

Haunted paintings, haunted knives, you name it, it's all been sold on E-bay, with the "haunted" aspect driving up the price considerably for the seller... P.T. Barnum once said there was a sucker born every minute. Don't be a sucker and fall for this kind of quack marketing...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starlight_Rebel
My wife when she was a teenager won a large stuffed animal, a lion, from a traveling carnival. It seemed to have the power to move itself around her room when no one was present.

I had a big old stuffed dog with the same properties. At first I thught it way my parents on a Fed style 'drug raid' forgettng to put everything back to entrap me properly since they found nothing (fools
) But it kept happening. Some times on a daily basis for almost three or four weeks.

I cant remember what happened to that dog, probably gave him away. I do remember being particularly comforted by it when I was upset however.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Let's just say this is real for arguments sake. I would say that the doll is posessed rather than haunted. Two entirely different things. If a ghost was moving the doll, I don't think a ghost is able to leave the house and go to the landfill. That rules out it being haunted in my mind. So now it must be posessed. Based on what I've read, posessing entities work in an entirely different way. It wouldn't just move it back to it's original position, it would move it somewhere entirely different in the house. Somewhere totally unexpected. There would be other demonic phenomenon occuring as well. The seller mentions none. When the seller says the store owner looked relieved to be getting rid of the doll and the part about the doll lying next to the incapacitated dog; these are suspicious details that make it sound made-up rather than real.

It's definitely a bunch of horse mess!!

Peace

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house. I think it was haunted because the church next door practiced strange things. Anyway.... I had almost forgotten this until I read this thread.

When I was very young...about 4 my parents bought me this pinyata (sp) in the shape of a clown head for my birthday. When I would go to be at night it would move itself around in the closet. I was terrified of it and put it in a closet in the basement...next night it would be in my closet again. This happened several days in a row. Finally, my mom was scared of it too and burned the darn thing in the back yard.

Clowns are scary LOL. Anymore remember that demonized doll from the Night Gallery? Now that scared the baaajjebus outta me.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
$185.00 bid so far... I can count 11 stuffed animals/figurines within sight of me right now...

I'm rich...I'm rich!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
heh, I was just going to post this.. i was reading.. then im like.. ATS!

Note: This guy is in the same city as me.. its starting to get creepy

[edit on 30-3-2005 by Spinsta]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anyone remember the ebay haunted doll Harold? Wonder what ever happened to that doll. It was really freaky.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
Judging by the guy's past items sold, I think he may not have written an objective description of "Stitch." He has a few "fantasy" items that he's sold in the past.

All of his customers are satisfied, though. He's got a good feedback score.

Maybe I should sell locks of my hair as being haunted.

If the item is cursed, why put others through the same hell by CHARGING them for it?

Duhr.

Dot.

Because since he bought it, it's now his property, and giving it and throwing it away doesn't really negate his ownership, he's hoping to sell it to someone so they'll be the owner, hopefully far away from him.

Frankly, it scared me.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The fact its on ebay makes me a skeptic but its interesting non the less.
Anyone got links or anything to other possessed stuff lol kinda creepy/cool heh heh

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've had a few things disappear. Books and boxes that were on top of them or next to them were still there. These were very specfic items that only I was questioning at the time. Can objects move on it's own accord and contains evil exist? Absolutely. Maybe something is moving them that cannot be seen. How it got there? Don't care, burn the sucker.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It sounds like that one episode of the Simpsons with the haunted Krusty doll.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If anyone go's to key west I think there was a haunted doll in a musuem, LOCKed up. Also I heard if you take a picture of it all the pics on you film will turn to it (most likely fake, but the doll is real I saw it, very cool)

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Aside from this likely hoax though, cursed objects are an old tradition, dating back thousands of years. One need only to search about "Psychometry" to understand how psychic impressions can be imprinted onto objects, so it's not so difficult to comprehend truly powerful emotions combined with psychic ability, impressing an object for either good or evil. In fact, this concept is behind everything from a Christian's crucifx on a chain, or the relics carried by pilgrims, etc, to a lucky shirt.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow. Who is willing to buy it for $212.50 ? Someone is either a fool or a billionaire with so much money that they do not care about money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join