It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Friends- How y'all doing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm in Victoria which from what I hear had the most draconian measures in the world.
I'm unvaxxed so lost my job, I'm still working for the same company but doing backend admin work from home.

You're not meant to go out anywhere besides grocery shopping or drs appointments without being double and soon triple vaxxed.

Supermarkets are incredibly low on fresh produce and meat.

In a state with 4.5 million people (95% fully vaxxed) we are averaging around 40,000 cases per day.

On paper things have never been worse but I'm doing better now than any time over the past 2 years.
People are starting to realise they've been had and are waking up.
I'm going out most evenings using a screenshot of a friend's Vaxx certificate without checking in to the government QR code and have not had any issues, most businesses have stopped caring.

I remember when it was just "2 weeks to flatten the curve" and I told people what was coming, everyone thought I was crazy but not anymore.

I'm ashamed to admit I took great pleasure in sending the link about boosters now being compulsory to keep your job and almost everyone now knows it won't stop with 1.
We have about 25 million in Oz and we have just secured 120 million doses, people realise it's a lifetime subscription and are pissed.

I can actually see the possibility of this ending this year due to the backlash that's coming.

Protests are still ongoing and happen every Saturday in most capital cities, zero media coverage but crowds are big and getter bigger.

We live in interesting times

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: HilterDayon

(no) thanks for your contribution.

I shall await real humans living in Australia to respond.

If they are honest, they will say the same

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Iknewstuff

We live in times when I can say to a random stranger on the internet, that I love you, and I appreciate you for your honesty.

I hope we can all fix things.

The fact that you have to use fake 'papers' to get about is beyond abhorrent.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Don't worry Chris. Whatever is happening in Australia will be coming to a town near you very soon and then you can give Australians an inneresting run down on a day in your life there with many an amusing anecdote.
edit on Wed Jan 12 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I really dont believe,that we are anywhere near 95% vaxxed , government statistics say we are,but do you Honestly believe them..

Supermarkets are really low on most items

I take my wife to Westmead Hospital twice a week , and iam not noticing more people coming in or waiting

Protests are still happening on weekend but not shown by mainstream media

People are using masks in stores but majority are not,when walking around

Riouz

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

So

No real response then.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5

From USA I truly thank you for your input

I have to go now but I want to hear more of my friends speak out about their daily lives and what has been impacted.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Most places have stopped asking to see ze paperz which is good.

Aussies by nature are quite compliant and avoid conflict unless really pushed so we won't see any riots or uprisings.
Stubborn non compliance is more our thing and I think people not following the mask mandates is the yardstick by which to measure how believed the government narrative is going.
Masks are compulsory everywhere indoors and on public transport, I've never worn one and at 1 point I would be lucky to see even 1 other person unmasked (we always gave each other a sly nod and smile of encouragement, it felt like being a lion amongst sheep).
But now I'd say at least 40% go around unmasked and no one says anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iknewstuff

... people realise it's a lifetime subscription and are pissed.

I can actually see the possibility of this ending this year due to the backlash that's coming.

Protests are still ongoing and happen every Saturday in most capital cities, zero media coverage but crowds are big and getter bigger.

We live in interesting times

Thanks for a clearer & more encouraging picture than that presented by the Krusty one. Most of us here think a lot of you Aussies and know you're as ashamed of your Branch Covidians as we are of ours.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iknewstuff

Most places have stopped asking to see ze paperz which is good.

Aussies by nature are quite compliant and avoid conflict unless really pushed so we won't see any riots or uprisings.
Stubborn non compliance is more our thing and I think people not following the mask mandates is the yardstick by which to measure how believed the government narrative is going.
Masks are compulsory everywhere indoors and on public transport, I've never worn one and at 1 point I would be lucky to see even 1 other person unmasked (we always gave each other a sly nod and smile of encouragement, it felt like being a lion amongst sheep).
But now I'd say at least 40% go around unmasked and no one says anything.

I literally always thought Australians were not compliant and were very happy go lucky. Then again I didn’t know much about Australia I guess. I am surprised at how many people are compliant but also am not. There are also less people that are compliant in the US and we are used to being divided and having crazy people (on both sides) so things don’t really feel much different lol

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Going pretty good thanks man!

Ever since our collective state and federal governments grew a set and finally realised we need to live with this virus and stopped locking everything down life has been pretty much normal minus the masks and QR code check ins at the shops and venues.

Still despise the fact that I had to be vaccinated to keep my job though.

There’s a growing supply chain disruption leading to shortages in supermarkets and other shops though it’s only expected to last a few weeks and if not....I’m smart enough to not live in a stinking city and am in one of the food bowls of the state, surrounded by ocean, rivers, lakes, estuaries and bush (forest) so food shortage not really a pressing concern.

How are you mate?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hi Gut

Thanks for the response, what I was talking about was my experience where I live in a small town, other states in the country have total border closures and yes you have to wear masks if you are indoors in public - if people think that's an outrage then they don't obviously have any real problems!

I think now that the boosters are available most people will lose interest with having booster after booster, especially considering they aren't good for your immune system.

For those who think my earlier response was this whole thing is no big deal.....come and live in the bush for a while. We are used to living with adversity.

And in NSW dancing in public has been banned - what an outrage - however will I get by!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown

The protests you mentioned happened over a few days a few months ago and that was about it, it was blown way out or proportion, as usual, by the international media.

The whole country is 95% vaxxed but we are unsure whether that covers Omicron or not

So basically you laid down then?

And then rolled over too......

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krusty the Klown

The bush is where it’s at!

Just wish all the city flogs would stop flicking down here. Hopefully they get sick of it and leave.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Where I am in NSW, the restrictions have relaxed since we got a new un-elected premier. This will change quickly though, as today we have over 90,000 new cases in this state alone.

It does now seem that whatever impositions are forced on us are just for appearance sake. It seems the omicton virus is out of control and will run its course and hopefully will fade away with herd immunity. ( assuming further forced vaccinations don't inspire further variants.

Un-vaxxed?

Still treated as filthy lepers ...

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Artlogic

That's a fundamental difference between The Gut's US and Australia. We actually have faith in our healthcare system, the US health care system seems to be a sh*t show and I can understand why you don't trust it. It seems to more of a profit cartel than anything.

The health measures here are dictated by the various Health Departments of each state, it hasn't been perfect, far from it, but the stats tell the story. The Health Dept makes the policy and the governments choose to accept or not.

Our population is a little under 1/10th that of the US. Our total death toll from the pandemic is 2,450 (for the whole two years of the pandemic), if it was the same as the US rate of death - it would be over 60,000.

With the Opioid crisis in the US which seems to have it's origins with doctors and prescriptions I can understand why you would be cynical and skeptical of anything the health care system recommends. I would be too, but no-one's rolled over here, we just don't have your problems here thankfully.

When I see the news of the pandemic coming from around the world it is astounding and heartbreaking and we've been really lucky - blessed with the natural isolation of being thousands of miles from everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.

I'm happy to be corrected on anything if I'm wrong.

edit on 12/1/2222 by Krusty the Klown because: Kan't spell proply

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Same here in Victoria - the genie is out of the bottle and the strictest lockdown on earth would fail to put it back in.

I’m actually impressed our fearless leader Dandrews has kept his word and not locked us down again.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Chairman Dan will cause you his own brand of grief ...

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Yes, that is surprising, Dictator Dan has been the worst, apart from old mate in WA.

From other escaped Vic's I've spoken to they think he'll still be re-elected though.

What to you reckon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join