It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems editing me posts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yo! I can't edit my posts after I submit them. It's enough to make someone scared to post. It's been like this for a while too...

*EDIT: Oh great... I can edit this post but not others.

[edit on 3-29-2005 by insite]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There is a two hour window in which you can edit your posts, after that you can't anymore. more info here: The edit feature: edited

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that we can't go back and add something to what we said? I suppose we would just reply to the thread, but that still seems odd.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I haven't seen you in a while, insite. Where have you been?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
can someone please tell me why you can't edit posts after 2 hours? Is there some legal loophole that says that if we have a constant ability to change it, our post is not the property of this website? I really don't understand the benefit of this system.

p.s. sup bangin! been a while

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
can someone please tell me why you can't edit posts after 2 hours?

We had a rash of post-by-insults where trollish members would post insults or other garbage, then return and edit after the target has seen the insult.

Many very-large discussion boards apply this restriction.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

can someone please tell me why you can't edit posts after 2 hours?

Considering you can't take back something you said in real life (no matter how much some may try), 2 hours is pretty generous.

Bottom line is it's disruptive to the historical flow of discussion and discovery. An ever changing record isn't a record at all. Plus some really unstable types find their way here occassionaly (go figure) and flip out once in a while trying to render themselves invisible.

If it's important (like a news story) and needs a change, submit it to gripes and we'll help. Otherwise, you have two hours to tweak and reconsider before eternal archiving of the damned. That goes for all you future Presidents out there too.

EDIT: What Skeptic said too.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ah I see, it's a case of the few making it harder on the many. Thanks for the insight. I just came back from a bit of an educational hiatus and there are few things I wish I hadn't said when I was younger...

[edit on 9-20-2005 by insite]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Yo! I can't edit my posts after I submit them. It's enough to make someone scared to post. It's been like this for a while too...

*EDIT: Oh great... I can edit this post but not others.

[edit on 3-29-2005 by insite]

All your posts are belonging to me...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Post Haste

It took some getting used to at first, but as time goes by, the wisdom of this policy becomes easier to understand.

The integrity of the board is important to the credibility of ATS. If posts can be changed months or even years later, then they are unreliable as a historical record.

"Even God cannot change the past." --- Agathon 446BC

NOTE: Certain information, such as information posted in violation of the T&C, may be removed at the discretion of the senior staff.

If you are concerned about the nature of any information posted on ATS or its sister sites, then by all means submit a Gripe/Idea identifying what you want removed and why.

The management is quite reasonable about such requests and, if they are valid, worthwhile (i.e., not just typo corrections), and would not violate the integrity or credibility of ATS, may grant them at their sole discretion. -M

Edits: Note my ironic use of the Edit button.

[edit on 9/21/2005 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Majic is making jokes. You know that means it's time for a thread to be closed.

new topics

top topics

join