It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(General News) Jerry Falwell in Critical Condition (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just 25 days after spending nearly two weeks in the hospital, Jerry Falwell has been admitted again, suffering from 'respiratory arrest.' Known well for founding the Moral Majority, it is his second attack of pneumonia in under a month. A spokesman stated that it was NOT a heart attack.

msnbc.msn.com
Falwell, 71, was admitted to Lynchburg General Hospital shortly before midnight Monday suffering from “respiratory arrest,” the hospital said in a statement, meaning his breathing had slowed or stopped.

“Rev. Falwell is clinically stable, but is still critically ill,” [a spokesman] said.

Ron Godwin, Falwell’s executive assistant, said Falwell was “on a respirator and he’s resting comfortably.”

“He always looks ‘up’ so you wouldn’t know if he wasn’t” feeling well, Randlett said. “He was very optimistic.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

He recently attended a WNCAA game during which his team lost - any connection? Stress is often linked to illnesses, and he DID have to travel for it.

You always wonder what happens to things when leaders start to falter. Although the Moral Majority has disbanded, the remnants are still in place, and many of todays politics are influenced. IF, in fact, he kicks it, it'd be interesting to see how US poltics change, or even if they do. It'd test how much influence certain groups actually have.

Always remember, kiddies, eat your veggies do you don't have viral infections!

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Falwell on ATS

[edit on 3/29/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So if he goes veggie like Schiavo is this the beginning of a 15 year vigil?

Maybe the religious rights Schiavo run was based on some knowledge Falwell may need machines for years.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Did you just refer to Jerry Falwell as a leader?!?!

Let the man die....I'm not a hatefull person by any means, but this world does not need people of his influence and greed.....

[edit on 3/29/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I do not take pleasure in the suffering of others.

Of course there are exceptions.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
[ sarcasm ]Wow and so soon after we've lost Johnny Cochran! What's happening to all the good men in this world? [/ sarcasm ]

What else can you say? Old men die. When they are controversal old men, it makes news.

I know he's not dead yet, I'm just practicing for when it does happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I will never forget what he said when he told the world who he thought was partially responsible for Sept 11. I couldnt have said it better myself and is exactly the way I feel. He should have never apoligized for saying this because its part of the problem:

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
personally this doesn't cut it as news for me, I really don't care about Jimmy Falwell, the less we hear about or from him, the better. Let the man suffer and die in quiet dignity, even he deserves that.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The man will pay in suffering for all the sins he have committed in the name of his God.

If if a hell out there (I don't believe in hell) I hope he get burn over and over again like in the Dante inferno story.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow. You know, one of the least respected people I know on the planet, for me personally, is Bill Clinton. Yet, I was pulling for him when he went in to have his ticker worked on, and would do the same if his ticker fails on him somehow and he goes into a critical condition.

Politics aside, he's a living, breathing, feeling human being whom people love. To be happy to see someone whose politics you disagree with suffer, and to say it's curtosey of God for his sins...Disappointed is the only word that comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think Falwell is correct to fault the war on religious expression in the "public square," but he was wrong to fault anyone for 9/11 except those of planned, executed, and aided and abetted the attack.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What can I say, I am very choosy to whom I give my compassion and that man that has nothing holy about him doesn't deserve mine junglejake.

Occurs he had followers and the ones that will kiss up to him but when he made the comment about 9/11 he lost my and many our respect.

If he is somebody you admired is you personal opinion so be happy to show compassion for him, nobody is stopping you.

I for onces care less for him. Dante inferno baby.

top topics

join