It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger in Florida zoo shot to death after grabbing man's arm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Been wondering if they could have tased the tiger.
My immediate thought was that they could have at least tried. It was in a cage. If it didn't work then so be it.

But after thinking about it, I wonder if that would send the electrical charge into the man also.

I imagine the headline might be:
'Innocent Victim Gets Tasered by Cops Allegedly Sent to Rescue Him'

I don't know, but possibly could have locked up the tigers jaw also.

One of my friends, who was a bit amped up at times, got tased, while o cop was holding him, he felt little effect, the cop holding him, got the brunt of it!

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They should of chopped his hand off..there, I said it!

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yeah, kill the tiger for being a tiger. Brilliant. 🙄

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

I finally got around to watching that↑ full bodycam video. At first, I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking at, but if you slow it down and look closely, you can see quite a bit more than I was expecting. The tiger may have had his hand, but I think it was the cage itself that was causing most of the pain/damage to his arm.

Here's the 911 audio.

That↑ is pretty much all of it, but it does cut off shortly before the shot being fired. (slightly longer version is here: www.facebook.com... ). The youtube video doesn't cut out much, but it actually lasts about 9 minutes 16 seconds from the time the call begins until the shot is fired. I wonder how long he tried to fight it off by himself before making the call.

I'll admit that listening to the entire call does make me feel a bit of sympathy for the fool, but I also found it a little amusing that she repeatedly calls him "ma'am." (adds some 'insult to injury')

Imagine if he didn't have a cell phone, or if he had dropped it and it was just out of reach.... I'm just guessing, but he probably already had his phone in his hand. That's probably what he was doing, trying to get a nice selfie with the tiger to show off to his friends. He's got something to show off now.

Something else I was thinking about... The bodycam footage clearly shows that the Officer was not rushing as quickly as he could have been, but I don't blame him. The victim possibly could have prevented that by providing the dispatcher with the actual details of his situation. I know he was in pain, but he had plenty of time. Then the Officers would have been aware before they even arrived that the tiger was still secured inside a cage. They're not gonna rush in full speed in the dark if they think it's possible that the tiger might have escaped from it's enclosure.

edit on 12/31/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

No, kill the tiger because now it will go after any humans around it. That includes trainers, aides, veterinarians... no one would be safe within access of this animal after the incident.

I know it sucks. The tiger wasn't in the wrong; the one-armed fool was. But it wasn't shot because it attacked the fool; it was shot because there was nowhere for it to be. Keep it in the zoo and no one would even be able to feed it without chancing becoming food; no one could treat it without being attacked. Release it and the first humans it comes across will disappear into a tiger belly. That's just how it works.

They put down maneating bears for the same reason. Sometimes, the authorities will have to clear an entire area of bears if they can't identify which one attacked. That's why parks have signs up: don't feed the bears. They're not there to protect you; they are there to protect the bears! With that kind of close contact, sooner or later someone will do stoopid and the bear will respond and bite/maim them, and then the bear has to be put down.

Stop trying to cram nature into this little music box playing "Kumbaya." It don't fit. You'll wind up destroying the very animals you claim to honor. Treat all wild animals as wild animals... enjoy their majesty, enjoy watching them (from a safe distance), have figurines of them in your house, whatever... but do not try to treat them as though they are tame and innocent.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Yeah, most animals are actually kind of picky. They don't know what can and cannot be eaten until their mothers show them. Some animals are not as picky as others, too... a croc will eat about anything that moves, including humans. A shark almost as much, but they still tend to pause before attacking a human, apparently trying to figure out if we're food or not.

It's a learning process... if it's bigger than the animal and fights back, usually the animal will learn to leave it alone (you don't see much attacking bull elephants, for instance). If not, the only thing that matters is if it fills the belly; if so, it's on the menu from then on.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thank you; I watched that body cam footage. Two things stood out to me:
  • The cops didn't want to shoot the tiger. I had assumed that would have been their first impulse, since it was going to have to be destroyed anyway. But they actually asked for a tranq gun. I was impressed by that.

• The dude was on the ground! I didn't expect that... tigers are big, big cats, and my first impression was that he was probably upright with his arm in the cage being chewed on. Nope. He was on the ground, with his legs against the cage, probably trying to push himself loose. Of course, that only gave the tiger two more sticks of meat to gnaw on had it chosen to do so.

It also indicates that he was probably kneeling down when the tiger went for him... as I said before, likely trying to pet the pretty kitty. Damn fool...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
witch retard shot the tiger?????
he should have shot the idiot who reached for the tiger!
tiger was just defending himself ore pledging for help
what would you do if you were locked up behind bars just for morbide entertainment !!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Unfortunately Tigers cant phone 911 and order Police to sort out there dilemmas.

Anyway good luck to that genius playing the Piano in the future.

RIP Eco.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Tiger at Florida zoo shot and killed after attacking cleaning worker

He stuck his own hand inside the cage so I wouldn't necessarily call it an attack. The tiger may have been the one who felt like he was being attacked. In my opinion, the tiger was either defending, playing, or snacking.... but not attacking...

After the zoo had closed, a 26 year old male worker hired to clean public areas such as the restrooms and gift shop, but not animal enclosures, decided to enter the tiger enclosure and stick his hand/arm inside the tiger's cage. The tiger was still clamped down on the moron's arm/hand when Police arrived at the scene. Apparently the officers tried to bang on the cage to get the tiger to release, then shot it when it didn't let go. The tiger died a short time later. Personally, I think they should have at least tried firing a couple warning shots into the dirt right beside the tiger, before shooting it.

Eko (2013-2021)

A cleaning worker at a Florida zoo who was attacked by a tiger after putting his arm into its enclosure could be criminally charged, authorities said Thursday.

A Collier County sheriff’s deputy fatally shot the tiger at the Naples Zoo on Wednesday evening after it would not release the man’s arm from its mouth.

The sheriff's office said in a statement that an investigation would determine whether charges would be filed against the injured worker, but it did not say what the charges could be.

The man was flown to hospital in serious condition Wednesday. An updated condition was not available for him Thursday.

The man worked for a cleaning company responsible for restrooms and a gift shop and was not authorized to be where he was, officials have said.

He breached one barrier and stuck his arm through the fence of the tiger’s enclosure and the tiger grabbed it, the sheriff’s office said.

Worker attacked by tiger at Florida zoo could face charges, officials say

A rare Malayan tiger bit a Naples man Wednesday, and a closer look at the subspecies reveals that these cats are athletic and critically endangered.

Eko was part of a trio of Malayan tigers (Liem and Olan) that were born on Nov. 12, 2013 at the Little Rock Zoo in Arkansas, according to the Woodland Park Zoo website.

Rare in the wild and coveted in captivity, Malayan tigers are relatively small for tigers, but they're larger than Florida's endangered cat — the panther.

Like Florida panthers, Malayan tiger numbers are relatively low, with fewer than 300 living in the wild; and their habitat is continually encroached upon by development and other human activities, according to Woodland Park's website.

news.yahoo.com...

this story pissed me off to no end!

the idiot would have got away eventually, with or without his arm.

put dumbazz in jail for poaching enndangered species and fire the cop.

Betty White RIP, would be as livid as i am.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
We lock these animals up in small cages a long way from their natural homes.
They deserve to be treated better, they should not have shot this animal.
RIP

I hope the guy is fired for this, he should not work with animals anymore

thing is, he was part of the cleaning crew that cleans the public places like the toilets and stuff. he passed through a restricted area to get to the tiger. .

f him. no jury in the world would side with him on any law suit. he had no biz being that close to the animal anyway.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Not see me stick up for Police much but on this occasion the guy was only doing his job.

They even asked for a tranquilizer gun before resorting to bullets.

As to the "dumbazz" well give that man a hand, twat that he is.

And the Zoo should be closed until such times as health and safety determine which other safety equipment they fail to have in place.
edit on 1-1-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sarahvital

Not see me stick up for Police much but on this occasion the guy was only doing his job.

They even asked for a tranquilizer gun before resorting to bullets.

As to the "dumbazz" well give that man a hand twat that he is.

And the Zoo should be closed until such times as health and safety determine which other safety equipment they fail to have in place.

good on all points.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That pisses me off. What an asshole for doing that. Not the cop, he did what he thought was right. That retard with his arm in the cage served worse. That incredible creature is gone due his stupidity. I hope he never lives it down. Fu#k head. Sorry, I'm mad.
a reply to: BernnieJGato

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Animals should not pay for the stupidity of humans.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As far as I can tell there still aren't any updates about either his injuries or about any criminal charges. There is a recently updated article though from the Naples Daily News. www.naplesnews.com...

It has a brief section with quotes from many various people, who all seem to agree that there should be some sort of charges filed against Rosenquist.

I wonder if the investigators might be waiting to find out the full extent of his injuries before reaching a conclusion on if or what charges to file. Maybe not, but I assume it's possible that if Doctors had to amputate his arm at the elbow, then maybe the charges might be slightly lessened.

I assume they're also waiting for the necropsy(which is scheduled for Monday) to be completed, just to ensure that they have ALL of the details before concluding whether or not they want to pursue pressing charges.

The zoo is standing by the Deputies decision to shoot the tiger, and confirm that their own team would have done the same thing.

Mulvena said Friday the zoo is reviewing all its safety protocols and stood by the deputy’s decision to shoot the tiger. He said his weapons team trained to respond to emergencies would have done the same thing.

www.naplesnews.com...

edit on 1/1/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Which are other animals if we are honest, humans that is.

Not that i don't agree with the sentiment.

Thing is we are not short on halfwits, Tigers on the other hand, not many of them left in Zoos or the wild if we are honest.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Tiger at Florida zoo shot and killed after attacking cleaning worker

He stuck his own hand inside the cage so I wouldn't necessarily call it an attack. The tiger may have been the one who felt like he was being attacked. In my opinion, the tiger was either defending, playing, or snacking.... but not attacking...

After the zoo had closed, a 26 year old male worker hired to clean public areas such as the restrooms and gift shop, but not animal enclosures, decided to enter the tiger enclosure and stick his hand/arm inside the tiger's cage. The tiger was still clamped down on the moron's arm/hand when Police arrived at the scene. Apparently the officers tried to bang on the cage to get the tiger to release, then shot it when it didn't let go. The tiger died a short time later. Personally, I think they should have at least tried firing a couple warning shots into the dirt right beside the tiger, before shooting it.

Eko (2013-2021)

A cleaning worker at a Florida zoo who was attacked by a tiger after putting his arm into its enclosure could be criminally charged, authorities said Thursday.

A Collier County sheriff’s deputy fatally shot the tiger at the Naples Zoo on Wednesday evening after it would not release the man’s arm from its mouth.

The sheriff's office said in a statement that an investigation would determine whether charges would be filed against the injured worker, but it did not say what the charges could be.

The man was flown to hospital in serious condition Wednesday. An updated condition was not available for him Thursday.

The man worked for a cleaning company responsible for restrooms and a gift shop and was not authorized to be where he was, officials have said.

He breached one barrier and stuck his arm through the fence of the tiger’s enclosure and the tiger grabbed it, the sheriff’s office said.

Worker attacked by tiger at Florida zoo could face charges, officials say

A rare Malayan tiger bit a Naples man Wednesday, and a closer look at the subspecies reveals that these cats are athletic and critically endangered.

Eko was part of a trio of Malayan tigers (Liem and Olan) that were born on Nov. 12, 2013 at the Little Rock Zoo in Arkansas, according to the Woodland Park Zoo website.

Rare in the wild and coveted in captivity, Malayan tigers are relatively small for tigers, but they're larger than Florida's endangered cat — the panther.

Like Florida panthers, Malayan tiger numbers are relatively low, with fewer than 300 living in the wild; and their habitat is continually encroached upon by development and other human activities, according to Woodland Park's website.

news.yahoo.com...

Situations like this is why it's so funny to watch people call humans an apex species. It's very obvious in the way we react violently to stress without engaging any critical thinking skills. Almost like we're panicking. Very typical alpha behavior.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No, animals should not have to pay for the stupidity of humans.

But you still aren't getting it. Are you willing to let a tiger eat you because some stupid human showed them how good you taste? Let me know how that works out for ya.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Following that logic all the same people would be going around killing everything they feared may eat them.

Oh wait, to late.

Or just about.

That wont work out well for us in the long run nether.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join