It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is More Evile Afoot --- Oracle Buys Cerner for 28B US Cash

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'll leave it to you to decide how evil Oracle is or isn't.
What is true is that Oracle CEO Ellison gained hugely recently.
Larry Ellison’s fortune soars $12 billion after Oracle shares jump 16%

Seems to me he's in the company of some other gents who don't seem to be doing really good things for humanity lately.
Gates.
Zuckerberg.
Dorsey.

I also learned Oracle has a cloud service, like Amazon. And it's better than AWS???
After AWS outage, Larry Ellison says a major customer told him that Oracle’s cloud ‘never ever goes down’

So, when I saw a little while ago that Oracle is buying Cerner for $28B my eyebrows went up.
That's a lot of money. Why ever could Oracle need or want this company? How could this harm anyone, right?
Well, turns out Cerner is a medical records company!!!!!!

Hospitals and physicians offices use Cerner software to record and share health and medical data. The companies said Monday that Cerner systems running on the Oracle Gen2 Cloud will be available 24 hours a day, every day, with the goal of having zero unplanned downtime.

Oracle will be able to use the data from Cerner to train and improve the software maker's artificial intelligence-based cloud services. This is likely to give Oracle an advantage and draw more healthcare clients to its cloud platform.

Nothing to see here. Right?
You be the judge.
But my spidey sense says this is probably not a good thing for medical records of U.S. citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

After AWS outage, Larry Ellison says a major customer told him that Oracle’s cloud ‘never ever goes down’

Larry Ellison is full of crap. He's just trying to quit losing customers. He is getting his ass handed to him by Microsoft and Amazon's cloud services.

He's always saying some outrageous thing to make Oracle look good. The fact is if they didn't buy NetSuite and some other acquisitions, they would be circling the bowl.

edit on 20-12-2021 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2021 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I bet the AI cloud is doing nothing with everyone's medical records.
It will just keep them safe.
In everybody's interest.

;-)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Walk on...no algorithm AI based medical care to see here.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The top cloud providers :
AWS .
Microsoft Azure .
Google Cloud.

The rest are just vying for the crumbs .
Oh , and spending BIG money to do it .
edit on 12/20/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

wouldn't it be wrong to use the medical records of living humans to program facial recognition or any AI device?
Is this a HIPAA violation?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

the back bone of the internet is so easily tapped these days.

the NSA showed they could install splitting mirrors into trunk fiber lines of major internet and phone companies

there is nadda in my health records that would harm me if they got out.

i would prefer to keep them behind a wall bit it wouldnt be the end of the world if someone looked at them

if people don't think that the NSA has working Q computers comping away at encryptions thought impossible to break i have a bridge to sell you

in this day and age i assume anything on a computer is compromised or is able to be gotten to. dont want people to look stick to analogue

edit on 20-12-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
ibm watson healthcare, Amazon healthcare...microsoft ccortana, google, etc.

on the world, every large company with AI has access to healthcare data...

edit on 12121212 by lux666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Cerner was partnered with Amazon Web Services in July 2019.

Safra Catz, CEO, Oracle: "Healthcare is the largest and most important vertical market in the world—$3.8 trillion last year in the United States alone. Oracle's revenue growth rate has already been increasing this year—Cerner will be a huge additional revenue growth engine for years to come as we expand its business into many more countries throughout the world. That's exactly the growth strategy we adopted when we bought NetSuite—except the Cerner revenue opportunity is even larger."

Billionaire banker Safra Catz was on President Trump's transition team, and donated $125,000 to Trump's re-election campaign. She was also considered for Director of National Intelligence.

Big Database competition, Big 💰💰💰

Meet HARPA - the Biden-Harris Healthcare Advanced Research Projects Agency modeled after DARPA.
Checkout their Blueprint. The HARPA database that they are trying to put in place right now to collect ALL our biological & personal info to stop Covid and cure diseases which in reality is likely to become the largest AI surveillance program in the history of mankind. Nice huh?!

Big Tech and Big Pharma Merge: Oracle Takes Over Vaccine Data World

By 2030 we'll all be conscripted into the military industrial health complex.🙃🙄

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So after they use this merger for AI to synthesize all this global data they’re gonna use the info to be clear about this whole Covid pandemic and how the vaccinated are just as likely if not more so than the unvaxxed to harbor, exhibit, and possibly succumb to this evil scourge correct?

Insert Evil Anakin meme here….

Did I get this right?

edit on 20-12-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Amazon and Medical records .... What could go wrong ?

Amazon deleted reviews of Chinese president’s book on government’s orders: report

Didn’t like Chinese President Xi Jinping’s book? Keep your mouth shut.

That’s what China told Amazon, according to a new report, when the country pushed the bookseller to delete all comments and reviews related to “The Governance of China,” a compendium of Xi’s speeches and writings.

Amazon complied. It’s another example of a US company bending to Chinese pressure in order to keep doing business in the huge and growing economy.

The government edict was delivered two years ago, according to the Reuters report citing two people familiar with the matter, but had never before been disclosed........

China Wants Your Data — And May Already Have It - 2 - 24 - 2021

....."We certainly reached out to our partners and the community to make sure people were aware that the Chinese were pushing out these tests, informing them of what the risks were and really asking them not to take these tests," said Mike Orlando, the head of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center, which is part of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence........

IT - years in the making ....

How Jeff Bezos and Amazon Are Inviting China Into America’s DoD Computers - Jul 01, 2018

.....President Obama, in fact, established Defense Department IT sub-agencies specifically to help out Silicon Valley-based companies that supported his campaigns. Bezos commands a vast array of Washington lobbyists, and has already salted Defense IT bureaucracies with former Amazon employees who remain as Obama holdovers........

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

The hits just keep on coming. Makes ya wonder how many control files the CCP have on the elites, congress, intel community. And to think that Bezos' grandad was one of the founders of DARPA.🙃🙄

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 12/22/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 12/23/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
We hope you like healthcare instead of medical attention.
We made it universal so it's fair to everybody.
You will all pay for it and as a bonus receive the same crappy standards of care.
It's so convenient your personal history and access to banking services use the same conduit.
For the small price of freedom you no longer need to carry a wallet.
We know it will be so popular we're forcing it on you.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

edit on Thu Dec 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join