It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Boston Goes BACK into Lockdown - Over COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, the city of Boston Massachusetts just re-entered lockdown because of COVID-19

This is from today, which is December 20, 2021. Here is an article:

City of Boston Locks Down AGAIN

I think this is a big mistake, especially right before the holidays (Christmas, in particular). Admittedly, they are 'only' requiring vaccine passport verification to do public things, like eat at restaurants, go to gyms, etc., but it is going to hurt a lot of businesses and people. SO ... if you don't have a vaccine passport, I assume you get kicked out of restaurants or denied entrance? Do they close businesses not checking appropriately? Yikes!

Also, there are some so-far minor protests starting. I will be watching this, as I have family and friends in that area. For the record, the people I have spoken with about it are not pleased, and believe it to be overkill. I wonder: how long will they stay locked down this time?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

You want it bet the people will just give the finger to the politicians and go on with their lives, unless they are masochist and love to be force into submission by an elected official drunk on power.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
Well, the city of Boston Massachusetts just re-entered lockdown because of COVID-19

I think this is a big mistake, especially right before the holidays (Christmas, in particular). Admittedly, they are 'only' requiring vaccine passport verification to do public things, like eat at restaurants, go to gyms, etc., but it is going to hurt a lot of businesses and people. SO ... if you don't have a vaccine passport, I assume you get kicked out of restaurants or denied entrance? Do they close businesses not checking appropriately? Yikes!

Also, there are some so-far minor protests starting. I will be watching this, as I have family and friends in that area. For the record, the people I have spoken with about it are not pleased, and believe it to be overkill. I wonder: how long will they stay locked down this time?

Oh wow , that’s it ? They’re only requiring a vaccine passport to shop? Doesn’t that violate the constitution?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Im willing to bet Boston is running out of money, due to waste and corruption.

Thats what all the largest recipients of Covid $$$ had in common.

Watch other cesspools follow Boston.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Oh wow , that’s it ? They’re only requiring a vaccine passport to shop? Doesn’t that violate the constitution?

In all honesty, I think as of now, Americans no longer have a valid Constitution of basic human rights.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Im willing to bet Boston is running out of money, due to waste and corruption.

Thats what all the largest recipients of Covid $$$ had in common.

Watch other cesspools follow Boston.

When will the UN troops from China that might be in Canada start moving into these thrashed ass out cities. Can't get no worse than that?

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Such an emergency that it goes into effect Jan 15th. "The sky is falling! ... a few weeks from now."

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

OMG ... I cannot believe I MISSED THAT DETAIL.

In my defense though, the my friends out there are freaking out about it already, but I am going to back off from my initial horror of it affecting Christmas. I guess that is a little better than I thought....

Also, there is time then for the city leaders to change their minds?
edit on 20-12-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: added the last line

And another also: how many other cities are going to do this same exact thing, and just Boston put it out there early?
edit on 20-12-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: added another last line

edit on 20-12-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What makes me find all this cities and states power grab is that they are only in democrats run rat holes, is just soo funny, now we know how much these crappy democrats really feels about the people they are trying to keep under their filthy foots while taking away the constitutional rights, they want to be like communist china.

The sad thing about it is that the people in these states and city keep voting for this rat's hole politicians, I guess they love the tyranny.

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Down by the river, way down by the river Charles...
that's where they won't find me,
cause, they locked down the whole block

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No one in the world has rights now pal . None of us plebes do . The ultra rich have all the rights in the world because they have all money and power . I always appreciate your posts . You are a kind man and I respect you . You seem to think the countries of the world are sovereign and independent . I’m here to tell you that all governments take their marching orders from the same people and it’s not their citizens .

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Down by the river, way down by the river Charles...
that's where they won't find me,
cause, they locked down the whole block

And how about this soon to be classic heard on WERS 88.9 FM
sung to the tune of "Sweet Caroline"

"Beat Omnicron"

Where it began
I can't begin to knowin'
But then I know it's growin' strong

Was in South Africa
And spring became the summer
Who'd have believed it would come along

Hands, washing' hands
Lockin' out, no touchin' me, nor touchin' you

Beat Omnicron
Lockin down never seemed so good
I've been vaccined
Yet I didn't believe I would
But now I...

...look at the night
And it don't seem so right
We vaxx it up with two

And when I hurt
Hurtin' runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when scolding' you?

Warn, no touchin' warn no
Freakin' out, no touchin' me, no touchin' you

Beat Omnicron

I've been vaccined
Yet I believed I never would
Oh, no, no

Beat Omnicron
Lockin down while vaccined so good
Beat Omnicron
I believe they never could

Beat Omnicron
I believe they never could
edit on 20-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
In all honesty, I think as of now, Americans no longer have a valid Constitution of basic human rights.

No one in the world has rights now pal . None of us plebes do . The ultra rich have all the rights in the world because they have all money and power . I always appreciate your posts . You are a kind man and I respect you . You seem to think the countries of the world are sovereign and independent . I’m here to tell you that all governments take their marching orders from the same people and it’s not their citizens .

You're both wrong, we were born with natural rights from our creator. They will try and make you believe that the constitution is just a piece of paper and that might (money and power) makes right, but you are wrong if you believe that. We are all born with unalienable rights -

. . .all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights . . .
U.S. Declaration of Independence
edit on 20-12-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am a plumber in Boston. Mostly Dorchester/Roxbury/mattapan/southie. we've been maskless in many houses per day around tens of people per day.
Most business don't really care about you wearing a mask. This is nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I am a plumber in Boston. Mostly Dorchester/Roxbury/mattapan/southie. we've been maskless in many houses per day around tens of people per day.
Most business don't really care about you wearing a mask. This is nonsense.
cool.

yes i was gonna mention southie and the north end. lol. one size fits all cement shoes

harvard and central sq would be the Nazi zones.out mass ave to arlington and lexington. is my guess.

sommerville probably too.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Thank you for that information.

Yeah, I think the businesses and 'normal' people will not become draconian over these rules, but I worry about government over-reach, and that punishments could be arbitrary. Perhaps so many Bostonians will not comply, that enforcement will become impossible.

That would give me hope, because as a citizen of Illinois, if Boston falls for this, the whole state of Illinois is likely to follow. Our governor Pritzker particularly sucks, and he has complete cooperation from the legislature for any restrictions he may desire.

I really appreciate you piping up in this thread, and please keep us posted on how this goes from your super valuable local perspective

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   

edit on 21-12-2021 by Thenail because: Dp

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

You're both wrong, we were born with natural rights from our creator. They will try and make you believe that the constitution is just a piece of paper and that might (money and power) makes right, but you are wrong if you believe that. We are all born with unalienable rights -

. . .all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights . . .

We have privileges. For now . That’s it . When there’s a group of people that control the whole planet then your god won’t be able to do squat for you . You have no rights .

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   
-FYI-

Statements like this...

....as the US wrestles with the Omicron variant of the coronavirus, which now accounts for 73% of all COVID-19 cases in the US. Health experts are worried that the outbreak may worsen as people travel and socialize over the Christmas and New Year holidays, and strain healthcare systems.
www.businessinsider.com...

Mean the "Health Experts" are concerned that if too many people contract the extremely mild Omicron, the pool of individuals who are eligible to contract the next variant, will be too small to trigger nationwide panic.

Remember: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

We have privileges. For now . That’s it . When there’s a group of people that control the whole planet then your god won’t be able to do squat for you . You have no rights .

God created us with natural rights, however it's our responsibility to understand and protect those rights. I have free will as well to choose to bow to some "authority" rather than resist the incursion on my birth right. I won't allow the threat of force against my life and limb to influence my beliefs and will have rights regardless of the fact that they are being challenged or not.

Natural law[1] (Latin: ius naturale, lex naturalis) is a system of law based on a close observation of human nature, and based on values intrinsic to human nature that can be deduced and applied independent of positive law (the enacted laws of a state or society).[2] According to natural law theory, all people have inherent rights, conferred not by act of legislation but by "God, nature, or reason."[3] Natural law theory can also refer to "theories of ethics, theories of politics, theories of civil law, and theories of religious morality."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-12-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join