It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Welfare of Humanity' has always been the alibi of tyrants. A powerful speech.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You know your country is in dire shape when a politician from another country must answer your call for help. German member of parliament, Christine Anderson, answers Australia's plea for SOS as, she says, totalitarianism sweeps over their country. Her words are so compelling, I had to share here. To me, this is what integrity and leadership should look like the world over.

"This isn't about breaking the 4th wave of Covid, this about breaking PEOPLE."

As for her question to us all: What will you tell your grandchildren?

As for Jacinda's leadership? I think her billboard declaring up to "six month's of freedom" with your Xmas booster speaks for itself.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Auntie Matter

Originally written by Albert Camus, the translated whole quote reads;

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

I have seen the video before, she is correct, and as I have stated many many times before Australia was, is and quite possibly always will be a fascist state. It's certainly looking like that at the moment.

edit on 7 12 2021 by myselfaswell because: it was just the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

From Camus? Thank you for sharing that! I didn't know that, I love learning something new each day.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that. Brilliant!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Like this?

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ouch.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

I can't remember the last time the words of a politician stirred me in a positive way. I was very moved and wanted to share.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auntie Matter

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

I can't remember the last time the words of a politician stirred me in a positive way. I was very moved and wanted to share.

What does she expect the Aussies to do. What will Ms Anderson do, except make youtube videos; Maybe lead a contingent of NATO troops to Australia and oust the current regime?

Talk is cheap...action costs a bit more.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Where's the rest of the European Parliament? Not their physical location, their voices and acknowledgement of the SOS message.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Heartbreaking. It's so maddening to see how the Australian people's easygoing nature has been exploited by tyrants.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Where's the rest of the European Parliament? Not their physical location, their voices and acknowledgement of the SOS message.

I cannot answer that.

What I can say is that her voice is there. She is standing up, and she may be standing alone. However, as an individual, she IS standing and speaking up, which is more than most who remain silent until it affects them personally. A choice to do what is right faces every individual.To those that do, I tip my hat.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
People are weak.

They have turned into consuming machines.

Our phones let us see a world of virtual friends.

I blame the media.

They let a guy get away with campaigning in his basement.

Media needs to be one hour a day.

They have lost the right to their 24 hour format.

It might be time to water the tree...

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on Tue Dec 7 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well maybe if they can sort out the dystopian situation in Germany first then they can try to help us in Australia.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Post Removed By Staff
edit on 12/8/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The German politician was asked for help by one of your politicians.

Your comment makes me shake my head, as if the German politician intervened on her own. Your government rounds up positive and negative people in internment camps and you have the guts to call it dystopia here.

Get a grip on reality, see my latest thread you are the perfect example.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Why the EU parliament? Why not asking for help to UK? Obviously calling for help from Russia and China is not even considered for obvious reasons: fascism.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Mildly unsettling that her video has only 7k views and less than 500 likes. She's not getting the exposure her message deserves, unless she's gone viral on platforms I'm not subscribed to.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Your government rounds up positive and negative people in internment camps and you have the guts to call it dystopia here.

This issue with internment camps has a lot of misinformation around it. It's basically the same thing as hotel quarantine, in fact I'd prefer to be locked in one of these camps than a hotel room. I'm not saying it's a good thing, we are living in a global dystopia, and I'm not going to apologize for calling it as I see it. I just find it humorous that any politician in Germany could think they are saviors of other nations if they can't even save themselves. Now that's what I call truly pretentious, considering Germany isn't exactly a beacon of freedom. You may not want to acknowledge any sources of blame for why we are in this situation, but I'm going to blame everyone who has contributed to this authoritarian hell we have created.
edit on 10/12/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Like I wrote they were asked for help. Would it been better if they had just ignored the Aussie call for help? Just acting like nothing happened?

About Germany not being a beacon of freedom. Certainly not a beacon, we have the freedom to own guns though. I promise you because of our history there will be zero internment camps or COVID camps however you want to call it. Still guns, just saying. Where are yours? See, this is also exactly what this (pretentious) thread is about indeed.

You're focusing on other countries and what they do wrong, even go so far to say it's pretentious from the German politicians when they answered a friendly request from the Australien politicians that called for help.

That's a pathetic line of reasoning. Answering a call for help and get called pretentious. So if they had just ignored the call, what would you have written then?
edit on 10.12.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join