It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS there a single truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
SaintforGod........yes the power of prayer and the sign of the Cross on your body......of course with faith
Its not an image thing.......but on what you are......confessing your a Christian.....
When Christ comes JUDGMENT day......He will appear with a SIGN.......that SIGN is the CROSS....

It was the Cross that destroyed sin.......Jesus Christ was Crucified on the Cross because when Adam and Eve sinned it was the TREE of knowledge.....being wood...

Jesus Christ is the NEW ADAM who gave up Himself on the Cross(Tree) for all our sins...

It is through the Cross that we are able to be received into Heaven.....of course that does not give us first class......that's just the beginning of being a Christian.....

Sign of the Cross is made many times in Church......not from left to right......
www.apostle1.com...

does that help?
helen....

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Saint4God........I would also like to say that DRACULA in ROMANIAN means SATAN.........

and in many if not all DRACULA movies the Cross is used as a powerful weapon.....
OH.......lets not forget the stake through the heart........
ok....
that's it
helen.
God Bless

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
SaintforGod........yes the power of prayer and the sign of the Cross on your body......of course with faith
Its not an image thing.......but on what you are......confessing your a Christian.....

does that help?

Yep, just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Excerpt from the link:
_________________________________________________________________________________
Q: Do non-Catholics use the sign of the cross?

Ghezzi: Yes, the sign of the cross is used by Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists and Presbyterians, particularly in baptisms. In his small catechism, Martin Luther recommends making the sign of the cross at bedtime and first thing in the morning.

It's a shame that many non-Catholics see it as something they shouldn't be doing; it comes from an ancient Church that we all share. One of my hopes in writing this book is that non-Catholics will read it and share in the sign of the cross.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I'm already wearing one 24/7 so I don't really feel the need to make yet another sign, but not opposed to it. I think it would be a great reminder waking up and going to bed. I dunno, I'll have to do some thinking and praying on it. I really liked the quote from the link "it comes from an ancient Church that we all share". I guess because there are some Protestants and Catholics I know who don't feel this way. Again I ask them, are you John 3:16?

As added perspective:

I think a lot of Protestants are wary of hanging the cross too much because they don't want the mistake to be made of worshiping the cross itself or others thinking Christians are worshipping a cross.

I've seen some (not a lot) of people 'hyper-crossing' in gesture like when they say a swear word or are gossiping. It had me wonder why they were swearing or gossiping in the first place if they felt it was evil and has to sign a cross for protection
. I'm not saying 'hyper-crossing' is common, but still gives one pause. A non-Christian could interpret that as "it's okay to do bad things, just do the cross-thing to cancel it out".

[edit on 30-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Saint4God........I would also like to say that DRACULA in ROMANIAN means SATAN.........

I thought it meant "Son of the Dragon" whereas Dracul (his dad) meant "Dragon", based on the secret Catholic Order of the Dragon. Anyone Romanian historians in the house?

Here's an interesting link: www.royalty.nu...

and in many if not all DRACULA movies the Cross is used as a powerful weapon.....

They were already being used in exorcisms at the time Vlad came about. Anything considered evil was braved with a cross, yes? Now correct my history if I'm wrong, but was he not considered a Christian king and had many crosses in his castle?

Clearly Dracula was not a fan of Italian food, rejecting their #1 spice. Mmmmm garlic....

OH.......lets not forget the stake through the heart........

Hm? What I miss about the stake? *hits the rewind button on the DVD*

By the way, Gary Oldman did an awesome job in Bram Stroker's movie (though it did get a bit anime with the fifty gallons of blood). He did excellent in 5th Element too. I need to check out the other two he was popular for - Dearly Beloved(?) and Lost in Space.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

IS there a single truth?

Yep.

One day, we will die, and then learn this truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
One day, we will die, and then learn this truth.

Hopefully by then it won't be too late, right? *poke poke*

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am not much of a "religious" type person in the sense that most people mean. I mean, I dont' belong to any organized religion, nor do I oppose any.

But, I dont' think that "truth" lies soley in religion. Truth is more of a concept. And that concept can be one thing to one person, and a totally different thing to another.

Take the Bible for instance. (Not such a good example, since I am not very familiar with it), but I think that basically it is full of different 'stories', for lack of a different word. I believe from listening to many others, that each one of those stories can be, and is interpreted differently be different people. Better yet, take the Constitution for example. (I have read a bit more of it). I personally take it at face value when I read that, "All persons have the inherent right to life, liberty, the persuit of happiness, and the enjoyment of the gains of their own industry."

Well, having repeated an exerpt of it, I'm personally appalled at the number of people being arrested every day. This alone takes away their right to life (sometimes), libertey (absolutely), the persuit of happiness (I would think so in most cases), and in some cases, it can also take away 'the enjoyment of the gains of their own industry'. But then, they go throwing in all these other clauses such as "due process", and others, even when the arrested individual has harmed no one - in the cases in which I'm referring to, at least.

So, there is no real truth in that either, unless you can make some truth that you can be comfortable with for your own self, and be content with that. I think that basically, with anything in which we try to find truth, we are going to find discrepancies. So, perhaps in the end, the real, true truth lies only within our own selves, and our perception of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
God's workings and his power are mysterious to man. Should they be? NO, not really. Many in this world look forward trying to find "the truth".
Hey gang, it is in the past.

Through God I was fortunate enough to have something revealed to me. I have asked many what I saw for I thought it was the eternal light. However, after discussion with many we came to the conclusion that if it was the eternal light I would have ceased to exist in my physical form that instant.

So what was it I saw? A person's soul? A look into the "time continuum"?
Downtrodden and beset with health and marital problems the last decade I pretty much had had enough. I met a woman, actually a family acquaintance, one eve. We spoke of my dilemma and what I had gone through. She then began speaking of "mother"(nature) and knowing one's self. The SUN WAS DOWN. As she spoke her eyes lit up like two pinlight flashlights. In her eyes-all I can describe as is dancing figures. I did not hear a word she was saying for I was so aghast at the amount of light coming out of eyes in the darkness. To say I was humbled would be an understatement.

Since then? Well, this is an open forum and some will consider me off my rocker, and some will say I speak blasphomy(sp). Ever think you see movement or something moving out of the corner of your eye and you turn and nothing is there? HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Ever "feel" a presence that brushes up against you. A presence so strong that your dog feels it too and gets on his hind legs trying to get to it in a friendly manner?

The Bible. Much truth to it. MUCH LEFT OUT. Yes, Jesus was the light. However, there are others-just not quite like him. He gave the ultimate sacrifice to the father and mankind.

BEWARE THE TEACHINGS OF MAN AND BEWARE OF THE CHURCH

Mary Magdolene a good example. She helped with the spread of Christianity. A close friend of Jesus if not his wife? However, the Catholic Church for years cast her as a prostitute that had repented thanks to Jesus. The Church made her a saint-The saint of redemption. SIMPLY NOT TRUE!!!!!

BEWARE THE TEACHINGS OF MAN AND BEWARE OF THE CHURCH.

I will be happy to discuss with anyone of any religion at any time. BEWARE some of the things I say many consider blasphemy. Simply not true.

QUIT TEARING UP THIS PLANET. IT IS THE ONLY ONE WE HAVE. WE WERE GIVEN DOMINION AND MANY WHO CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS ARE HELL BENT ON DESTROYING IT FOR PROFIT.

"I am the light" I believe was what the young man from Galilee said.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hopefully by then it won't be too late, right? *poke poke*

For any ONE religion to be RIGHT, all the rest have to be WRONG...

Remember that anytime you wonder if ANY deity is worthy of worship, especially one who would condemn billions to damnation based on whether or not they believed in him, regardless of their actions towards their fellow man.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

For any ONE religion to be RIGHT, all the rest have to be WRONG...

How about 1 God being right? Religion is how we worship God. Do I believe there's only one denomination who's got it right? Nope. I do however believe what God says as John 3:16 is the promise. So I ask if people are John 3:16, not what kind of church they go to. The rest is really just details.

Remember that anytime you wonder if ANY deity is worthy of worship, especially one who would condemn billions to damnation based on whether or not they believed in him, regardless of their actions towards their fellow man.

Revelation speaks of judgement. Not immediate damnation. Now granted, this judgement sounds very harsh.

I'm not worthy of worshipping omnibenevolent God, but he let me anyway. So, you're turning the tables the other way, shopping for a god worthy of your worshippings? Wouldn't then they have to be below you to be 'worthy'? Why would you worship something below you? The reason why people are being damned is because they reject good. Why would someone who rejects good want to be with God anyway?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join