It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do sperm have any rights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

I'm simply stating that a bacterium is more alive than a spermatoza.

How can something be more alive then something else

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
How can something be more alive then something else

Well, I can cheat and say I'm more alive than a rock, but that's neither here nor there (although I'm quite glad).

A bacterium can and does survive on its own. It provides for itself, protects itself, and reproduces (with itself). A spermatooza can do none of these, except maybe protect itself (but poorly).

Now, it's much more developed. It's part of a greater system for reproduction, and is highly specialized. Using it for half the reproductive process is a fantastic idea, but that doesn't make it great by itself.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Do they? I mean they should right? They are a potential human being after all. I dont understand how ppl can just kill them with like spermacide and think its completely ok. Shouldnt they get some rights? If animals have rights shouldnt they? They are living things afterall. I know that b4 they make it to the egg they arent yet a person, but isnt it kind of unfair and cruel to just kill them without any hope? I know that billions of them die each day, but still. I dont think its as bad as abortion, but should they have any rights?

Sperm do not have the potential to create a human being by themselves. They require a female gamete (a germ cell) in order to conceive. The sperm is only half of the chromosomes that make up a fetus. Sperm are not animals. They are gametes. An animal can breathe, can survive in an external environment, require complex food materials, and are made up of complex cell structures. Sperm can not survive on its own in an external environment and is a simple structured germ cell. So, I say no they should have no rights. I also see nothing wrong with a couple choosing to use spermicide as a contraceptive.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Equal rights for sperm!

Sperm have feelings too!

They may not be as complex as brain cells, but does that make them any less valuable?? NO!

Sperm are the downtrodden masses, the lowly workers who make the creation of all the other cells possible!

Remember: to you, it's just another wet dream, or a stain on the carpet. But to sperm...

IT

IS

THE

HOLOCAUST!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I make the same arguement against anti-abortionists.

Sperm is potential life, thus, any man who masturbates is also guilty of comitting murder. And since 90% of men masturbate and 10% lie, we would be jailing the whole male population for murder.

Abortion as murder is just such a silly arguement. If thats the case, then masturbation is murder too. So are menstrual periods.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Lol...i guess in a weird kind of way i guess they should...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Honestly I can't beleive this was even asked..

No, sperm should not have rights, they're freaking cell's, should my skin cells have rights, of course not, they are cells, they are not complex organisms, only complex organisms should have rights, and even than I mean really complex as in as big or bigger than a mouse.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
maybe your skin cells should have rights...lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join