It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire at the Korean DMZ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
See...thats the problem....stealth's dont work against the s-300 and its variants. This is the russian version of the patriot system, it may not be that great on incoming missiles...but planes do not have a chance.

I heard the s300's had thrusters on the sides of the rockets enabling them to turn on a dime.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
lil kim got los of sam sites all over korea i read that russia sold them couple of s300
, that means no fly zone.

theres a thing called cruise missles
and shooting down a cruise missle is like hitting a bullet with a bullet. again kimmy anit got # on us

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by David
See...thats the problem....stealth's dont work against the s-300 and its variants. This is the russian version of the patriot system, it may not be that great on incoming missiles...but planes do not have a chance.

I heard the s300's had thrusters on the sides of the rockets enabling them to turn on a dime.

actually it was designed first to hit missiles

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

lil kim got los of sam sites all over korea i read that russia sold them couple of s300
, that means no fly zone.

theres a thing called cruise missles
and shooting down a cruise missle is like hitting a bullet with a bullet. again kimmy anit got # on us

s300 can shoot down cruise missiles 300km+ away

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by $tranger]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ive been ranting about thgis for a while in many threads. TECHNOLOGY IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE MAN USING IT! they might get lucky and shoot down one or two stealts but thatll porbally be it. and not to mention ever hear of jamming? Wild Weasle F-4's can jam a radar then fire a HARM missle down its beam, destroyeing it while it's still blind.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
ive been ranting about thgis for a while in many threads. TECHNOLOGY IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE MAN USING IT! they might get lucky and shoot down one or two stealts but thatll porbally be it. and not to mention ever hear of jamming? Wild Weasle F-4's can jam a radar then fire a HARM missle down its beam, destroyeing it while it's still blind.

but they have hundreds of ati air artillery guarding it.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm sure the U.S. could find/has a way to get around their SAM's. Maybe bombard the SAM so much that it won't be able to stop every cruise missile?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
hmm maybe they use sams with nuclear warheads?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

hmm maybe they use sams with nuclear warheads?

no way in hell. our nuclear arms are for a devence purpose only. and we would probally overwhelm the sam sites. im am not concerned with what kimmy has or says he has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join