It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have seen on so many boards...people that drink, or I should say more, get drunk, and then post on an internet bulletin boards that they are drinking or drunk!
What's the deal with that!? It drives me nuts! For one, if your going to get drunk...don't you want to do something other than type on a computer? Two....why do they feel the need to tell everyone that they're drinking or drunk
I have never understood this and I see it a lot, not so much here, though I have seen it, but on other boards fairly often....don't they have something better to do than feel the need to tell everyone else they are drinking or that they're drunk.....what's the point, that can't be "fun".....what's fun about getting drunk and typing on a computer....you would certainly have nothing intelligent or relevant to add to any conversation in an state of mind!?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I am sure that when a person is drunk, they don't really care why they are typing on a computer instead of running around making a fool of themself. Maybe they just feel lonely and the only place they can think to go is the internet. I do admit that it seems rather foolish.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hey dont knock it till youve tried it:w:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think, especially with the younger crowd, being drunk is considered cool. So to say "aww man I'm so drunk right now" Makes them more accepted.

I've also always thought that people who type that they're drunk are saying that only to excuse them for saying somthing moronic. It's kind of an insurance in case someone says their post was brainless. "Dude! Don't blame me, I was drunk!"

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
the computer is something to do

when beer make brain bad think

although i drank so much im tired

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. It's silly and foolish and immature.

So here's to our newfound agreeance.

Ok, this round's on me. :w::w:

Whooooaaa yeahhhh~~~

I'm sorry. I'm an emotional drunk.

Uh oh! I think I'm gonna...gonna...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Eeeew, wecomeinpeace, you may want to blow your nose, it looks like quite a bit of that beer came out of your nose...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Never noticed that.

In fact, on closer look, I think it's my BRAIN!!!

Hehe...just kidding. I don't have a brain.

apc

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Tossing into a posting the fact that one is inebriated at that time informs the reader to take that into account when interpreting the statements. If something does not make any sense whatsoever, that is why.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Tossing into a posting the fact that one is inebriated at that time informs the reader to take that into account when interpreting the statements. If something does not make any sense whatsoever, that is why.

Oh well it all makes sense now don't it?
So next time you post on chemtrails apc pls don't forget to remind us of your inebriated state eh...
Oh and I'm drunk BTW...(and just kidding...really)

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I hate alcohol with a passion. i see no purpose for it to exist. people just get drunk and act stupid, and usually end up doing something the regret. the men in my family are all alcoholics, and so maybe this is where my feelings come from.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Although, if you think about it.

It's better to drive a keyboard while drunk, than a car.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Guess what? I'm DRUNK!

And I'm NOT kidding!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Debating taking the keys to djohnsto77's keyboard..

eh, thats too many keys....carry on..

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"Good wine is a good friend if 'tis well used,
Now let's hear no more against it..." - Shakespeare

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i am the constant victim of 'working' lunches....infact in the past year i think i have consumed on average 2 bottles of wine a day (missing out brandys)....

im probably half cut most afternoons but i never really mention it unless my typings bad and i dont want fellow people in chat to think im retarded.

i cant see theres anything wrong with going on a chat site drunk?...well...not compared to trying to wheelie a high powered motorcycle through traffic...that wouldnt be the best move........although it might be worth a few brownie points with chums......especially if you were so bammed you couldnt speak and walk as you were helped on to the machine.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
i am the constant victim of 'working' lunches....infact in the past year i think i have consumed on average 2 bottles of wine a day (missing out brandys)....

im probably half cut most afternoons but i never really mention it unless my typings bad and i dont want fellow people in chat to think im retarded.

Legend. A true unquenchable.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Guess what? I'm DRUNK!

And I'm NOT kidding!!!!

Ok buddy, better to type than to drive that car, right?

Do the Avatars look prettier now? LOL

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If only I had a computer in my car with internet access!!!!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
atm, i'm taking beers to face

15 points Lysergic

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join