It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Some Truth on Extra-Terrestrials....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree with what i see as the original idea of this thread: that UFO research is not taken seriously by scientists and such. Of course, they don't believe what the Bible says is true either, though more 'laymen' believe the Bible than the possibilities of UFOs.

It can be a fearful thought that there are species in the universe that could come here and destroy us with their advanced technology. Also alot of Christians would begin to question the validity of the Bible if we in fact proved the existance of E.T....I for one think science and religion can be brought together, even if there are extra terrestials or non-terran life in the universe.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

The difference between the deists and the UFO believers is that the latter, although they too believe by faith, expect people to buy into their particular theology as a "fact" when they have exactly the same evidence that the God-buffs have -- absolutely none.

Are you being sarcastic?? So you're trying to say UFO believers try to push their theology on people, but religious people do not? Funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for that.

Heh, you should take a walk through downtown Boston (where I'm from) in the summer sometime. I cannot walk more than 50 feet through the commons without some religious nut trying to convince me I should take Jesus as my savior and go to church more regularly and if I choose not to, I'll be going to "hell."

Most UFO researchers and believers I've heard from are NOT this fanatical, which makes your post rather stereotypical and hypocritical. The serious Ufologists out there base their statements on the facts, and EVIDENCE (Not proof. I've noticed you confuse the two many, many times here). That's something that hardly even exists in religion and I'll take facts and evidence over faith any day of the week.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Boston? Try walking in downtown Clearwater (Scientology capital of the world), hehe...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure there's worse places.

I just said Boston because that's where I'm from.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Funny, that if anyboday may find truth regarding aliens, any government will find a way to cover it, and make sure that nobody will talk again...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join