It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Game Playlist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Playing New World.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71 How do you like new world , I waited forever for it to come out but then just lost interest in it after reading a bunch of negative stuff about it.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

We’ll back 4 blood is out so looking forward to giving that a try this weekend.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: YouSir

I couldn't get Crysis to run on Windows 10.

Any advice?

Ummm...I play it on my Xbox one S...I started out gaming on the computer...then morphed onto the consoles...

Actually...I started out by playing pong...on the original Atari console...(which I still have)...then it was Asteroids etc...at the bowling alley...been hooked ever since...

I don't have a computer...worthy enough to play any real games on...I was thinking of building one...but then I'd need a gaming recliner...wrap around screens...and a fridge within reach...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Phantasy Star 4 end of the millennium, kind of going through the sega genesis collection on xbone reliving some of my favorite childhood games

That was my first RPG game I played, had the Genesis. Couldn't put it down, the overall concept of an RPG was fascinating and compelling to me

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Those nice 32 inch curved monitors are lovely, I have a pair and it just adds a ton of space to my desktop for working on things. As for gaming on them, I would need a third to actually get the full immersion effect. Unfortunately my desk does not have the space for a third lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
and a fridge within reach...

YouSir

Don't worry, their is a console for that.. =)

news.xbox.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Not really playing anything specific currently - just picking out older titles and spending a bit of time in them for now. My next must play will be Age of Empires IV in about a week.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Was playing RDO religiously everyday for a bit after completing story 2x, then tried Witcher for a few days but couldn't stand the horse (play RDR2 and you will understand), then grabbed Road96 (SUCKS enough said), then Cyberpunk every so often just for automatic weapons and shotguns at close range (the akira motorcycle isnt bad either)

Other day grabbed Death Stranding just for a change of pace, gfx are pretty amazing honestly, the gameplay is odd and might not be for everyone; it's basically an alien landscape backpacking simulator with physics and inertia coming heavily into play. The storyline is complicated and the pace seems really slow at first but there are surprises.

Also have A Plague Tale on my wishlist for later, because who wouldn't wanna navigate through millions of swarming rats?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Been jumping around between Valheim, The Infected, and Subsistence lately on PC.

posted on Nov, 21 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Quake Remastered (PC)

It's on sale now... If I were to be locked away somewhere with only one video game to play- it would be this. I haven't played in years, but muscle memory and map knowledge have come back quickly. If you haven't tried this classic, at least give it a shot. The soundtrack is wicked!

ETA: When my heart has been racing from too much Quake, I relax in Valheim.
edit on 11212021 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So I dropped Tales of Berseria about 15 hours in, just did not hold my attention the way I'd like an RPG to do. Shin Megami Tensei V finally released, although I wish it hadn't come out on the Switch only. There are some serious framerate issues with the game as it is very visually stunning. Overall about 32 hours in at this point and enjoying the heck out of it, I'm still trying to piece the story together but that's common for the series as a whole where you don't really know what's going on until you're closer to the end.

Supposedly the source code is out and folks have seen mention of PC and Ps4 ports, I would recommend those as I imagine they fix the frame rate issues. Otherwise a very solid entry into the franchise.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Planet Coaster...although I don't allow visitors anymore because it freezes up every system I got.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Still playing Days Gone. I don't understand why this game wasn't GOTY. Best 'zombie' game I've played. great story, tons to do.

Just finished Plague Tale, took me quite a while to defeat the final boss. Never explained the spider webbing on Amecia's nose, Hugo had more of it, I assumed it was a sympton of the blood thing he had going on, and that Amecia had it too

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Tried A Plague Tale, puzzles got too annoying yet loved the rats and the environment.

Grabbed Project Zomboid, damn this game is way more complicated than it looks!, and is seriously funny when you die so it's easy to keep trying, multiplayer looks fun too but havent tried yet. Learning curve and controls are hard for me so far vs reward, but FUN (laptop friendly)

Gris: $5 game off steam, way cheaper than the Xanax (lithium?) it seems to replicate, SERIOUSLY cool music and art, fun with a controller and relieves stress bigtime! (also laptop friendly)

The Long Dark this is my current jam, really interesting winter survival game. The post apocalyptic Canadian wilderness with nothing to survive with other than what you can find in the abandoned cars/houses or craft. Sandbox mode is awesome fun making enviros you can find a way to survive in

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just finished the campaign on Halo Infinite. Missed one skull in a mission and can't replay mission levels, and I still have 3 Spartan radio logs to find to 100% the game. I guess I might go again to pick up the missing skull then do a LASO run to pick up the achievement.

ETA: Halo Infinite isn't a bad game for the most part but I have a crash to dashboard problem with the game running on my XBONE. It usually corresponds to the checkpoint saves on the overworld map, especially if I am flying the Wasp. The game freezes for a second, then plays, then sputters, then crashes straight to the dashboard. It doesn't seem to be an often complained about issue, so it is very likely an indication of something happening with my console. I've had issues with a couple of other games on this console previously, like total system freezes while playing Fallout 76 where the game made a loud buzzing sound and crashed to dashboard and fired up the secondary cooling fans sounding like a small airplane trying to gain altitude for several seconds afterward.

I intend to buy a Series X at some point when such frivolities are actually able to be found in stock around here again.
edit on 30-12-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Days Gone has been intense and awesome. Getting that same foreboding feeling you get when you finish a game as I'm about 2/3 through.

So glad I checked this one out.

posted on Jan, 14 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Grave digging here. I couldn't help it.

I agree with both you and vlawde. Days gone is one of the best games I've played in years.

The slow burn at the beginning, in the combat mechanics of the hordes. Add that in with the way they set up the dynamic world, and it pulled me right in.

Even after completing the game and resetting a couple of elements, I still get all tense in certain situations.

What gets me is how they built a game in which you can have so many close calls and still make it. Although if you screw up you really do pay for it. That type of game play can keep the tension up, and the adrenaline cooking.

The game is a rarity for me I really enjoyed it, and I struggled to find another that could compare.

after days gone I picked up Horizon zero Dawn, that's another great game. Hopefully the sequel coming out in February will be just as good.

I've got a question. I haven't played a first person shooter multiplayer game in quite some time.

I really got hooked on team fortress classic back in the day. The pace, strategy and teamwork is what kept me in the loop.

I tried a few afterwards, but they were all what I call "twitch" games. Run, blast, die, repeat, and hope the statistics add up at the end. if you're not slapping the keyboard and whipping the mouse around like you're high on monster energy, your not competitive. That's just not a ton of fun for me, I would rather go rock climbing or four wheeling if I'm going to get my heart rate that high.

I'd like something where the movement is a tad bit slower, and strategy can keep you alive for longer than 60-90 seconds, but still a first-person shooter with decent pacing. Any recommendations?

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've been looking for something to tide me over until the new Horizon game comes out next month. Found STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order for really cheap on the Playstation store, after reading some reviews I downloaded it. Only maybe an hour or so in, but so far I really like it.

I'm not really into shooters or multiplayers games (except for MMORPG's). They just aren't that
fun to me, and frankly I really suck at shooters

edit on 1/15/2022 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join