It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Question About ATS Store....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi,

I am wondering, because for some reason it doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure it does to others: There is an item that can be purchased for 50 points, and that is "Turn on low-bandwidth mode".

I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I was always under the impression that the more bandwidth, the better. Obviously, I am wrong, or you wouldn't be sellling lower bandwidth.

Could someone please explain to me, just what that means? I would really appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hi CK, from what i gather it turns off all avatars and pic's in signatures to speed up page loading
for those on a really slow connection.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yeah, It's so you (some people) don't have to pay for extra bandwidth just to load avatars.

As for me, I just bought a new Custom Title. Pitty It cant be in red.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
By "Low Bandwidth" they mean you use less, by eliminating things such as avatars and whatnot. It's if you don't have the connection to load them, and would rather the pages load quickly.

But, yes, for a connection, more bandwidth is better.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
O.K., thanks. I get what you mean. I personally though, like looking at the avatars and reading the signatures.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
O.K., thanks. I get what you mean. I personally though, like looking at the avatars and reading the signatures.

Sometimes it's the only way I can recognize people.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ok banned twice, now do you believe me?

i'm gonna prove this site is run by federal agents!

new topics

top topics

join