It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sunday trip to the ICU

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Prayers going out for you! Hope you are feeling better!!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'll tell ya what, facing death dead-square in the eye like that will scare a fella pretty good!

And, the fact you don't get s clear answer about tomorrow is very deeply troubling. You don't "win", you just win for the moment. The verdict is out for anything more.

I'm glad I often tell the ones I love how I feel on a daily basis.

Life is a wonderful thing, and I'm not ready to go yet.

What a beautiful sentiment

AND TRUE!

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Boy, you sure have been a lousy year with the shoulder and now this. Cut it out, you aren't allowed to have any more health problems for at least two years. (I was a boss for many years, telling people they are not allowed to do something does work most times)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26169544]Flyingclaydisk[/post

I am pretty new on here, however, I believe we share a common underlying ailment in, "Mass COVID-19 Cranial Rectal Inversion leading to my Global Anti-establishmentarianism...

I will & am praying for you. The reality is I think your circumstances stink. I mean this, if I could take if from you I would, I already do a lousy job suffering, so more may not matter, I enjoy your spirit and your wit. I really hope you keep fighting b/c I want to hear your account of winning and leaving the Hospital.

I don't know if the bible verse below will be meaningful or influence your thoughts, spirit, etc. It is a verse I memorized a very long time ago, I forget it but then it comes back in desperate times. I hope it helps you, and I pray you trounce this thing. I understand the seriousness but could never know how you feel. Please get well, I imagine there's much remaining to do, people looking forward to you out and about... In stage 3 or 4 PPE, nitrile gloves, everything duck taped and in supplied air.

Best wishes, I look forward to your next post.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk I will be praying for you, Gods speed my friend

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hi, Like many others here have said, I’m putting you in my prayers.
I’m sure Mother Mary will know who Flying Clay Disk is 💚🙏😊

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Prayers to you and your family. I had a deep vein thrombosis blood clot in my calf of my leg a few years back . About a week earlier I had surgery on the same leg. My calf doubled in size and ripped all the sutures and new ligaments they stitched in. It was honestly the worse pain I've ever been in my life , My calf was throbbing every time my heart beat. Thank God it didn't let go. Spent the week in ICU over new years. Just watching the wound open back up and having to get the whole surgery redone was a nightmare in itself. Sounds like you had a DVT , consider yourself very lucky to be alive. Someone is looking out for ya. Stay well , you'll be in my prayers tonite.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Are you vaxxed?

Whether you are or not it’s prob a good idea to take daily aspirin and garlic supplements. Anyway best wishes.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

As I've noted here and elsewhere, no, I am not vaxxed. I already had covid.

As far as aspirin and garlic goes...I counted this morning and they have me on (10) different prescriptions, twice daily and some three times in some cases. I have to see my PCP in the next 3 days, so I think I'm going to hold off with anything more until I get further guidance.

Though I am out of the hospital, I am a very unwell man right now, and I feel like one too.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Heal back better FCD.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Best of luck and wishing you a strong recovery.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hello FCD. I've been a lurker here for more than a decade, and have always respected your point of view. This may be my first and only post here, but I did want check in and say that you and yours are in my prayers.

For one, I am a fellow Coloradoan (in Weld), and experienced the same back in February. I never experienced swelling or pain in my legs, however, I found myself unable to climb the stairs without running out of breath. Even pulling on my jeans was a labor. This occurred on a limited basis for a few weeks, and became acute one Monday morning when I stood up from my desk and nearly passed out. Thinking I had COVID, I scheduled a drive by test and scheduled an appointment with my doctor. When I saw my doctor a couple of days later, some blood tests were done, and I was sent for an EKG.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was advised that the testing was closed for the day, and that I should return the following day. About half an hour after returning to my house, the doctor called and said my heart enzymes indicated I may be having a heart attack, and that I should return immediately to the ER. Thank God she did. My wife drove me back to the hospital.

We went to the ER, and I was given an EKG, which was normal. The next step was a CT scan. The ER physician came back with the results, and his face was grim. He told us I had a massive embolism in both lungs. At that point, it was after 10pm, and I was to be admitted and my wife was sent away due to the restrictions. I watched as she walked away alone, as they took me upstairs. That was so difficult to see.

I was placed on heparin, and told that I would have a 'procedure' in the morning if things did not improve. I was able to see both my racing heart rate and my low blood oxygen level reflected in a picture on the wall from my bed during the night. I did everything I could to bring my heart rate down through managing my breathing. Sleep was very difficult that night. Well, nonexistent. Blood was taken regularly and I was only able to take occasional sips of water.

We (my wife and I) spent the next hours the next day waiting to hear about whether a procedure would be necessary. Thankfully, the next afternoon, the team came in and said my bloodwork looked much better. And I was allowed to have dinner! I had the crappiest hospital dinner, but could not have been more grateful for it.

After two more days, my oxygen level was consistently above 90,and I was released without having oxygen sent to my home. Thank God. After several weeks off work (I work from home for a major IT company), I returned to work and for the most part feel great. Subsequent testing showed I did not have a genetic condition for clotting, but that I did have antibodies indicating that I had COVID.

I saw my doctor the Monday after I left the hospital, her first words were "Wow, am I happy to see you!". :-) I should also mention that I have some heart and lung damage. Protip: If you cannot put your pants on without gasping for breath for a couple of minutes after...go to the damn hospital. Listen to your body.

At this point, in some ways I know I am still compromised. For example, I had a good summer golfing with my friends, but I rode in carts as opposed to walking as usual. Recovery will take months. We have a peloton (bought just a couple weeks before my incident. Now, I spend time most every day on it. It really helps, both in terms of building cardio, and in building belief in your recovery.

Keep fighting the good fight. You will recover. There are probably dozens, if not hundreds of people like me out here who have your back and are praying your your full recovery.

Kind regards,

Bruce

Edit to add: None of my covid tests at the time were positive. At the hospital or from the drive by swab.
edit on 20-10-2021 by DarthVegas because: additional context

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

So....Has your wife mentioned to you that she told you you shouldn't be eating something yet?

Or is she one of those women who just take away your ability to eat anything tasty without mentioning anything.

I hate those words....I told you so.

posted on Oct, 20 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthVegas

Thank so much for this! I can't tell you how much it means. Reading your story is nearly identical in many ways, not the exact details so much, but the surprise nature of it all.

Thanks for the words of hope. I needed that.

edit on 10/20/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Sending even more healing and strength vibes your way again.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Perfect posting record Darth.

a reply to: DarthVegas

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk Glad you are home FDC! rest

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hey you still got a giddy in your yap?

Hope you are feeling better!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

How you feeling? Hope things are improving.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

My buddy just got back from the hospital for a clot in his leg. He in not vaxxed, nor sick. I think this may be from people who are vaxxed shedding the protein spikes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join