It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so its hitting the fan.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The scenario is now unfolding with massive unemployment , countries struggling to maintain power supplies. The modern world with its fragile infrastructure is showing endemic problems which won't go away. The only thing which will get us through is knowledge, we have an advantage a modern Laptop, which can be charged up for years with a wind-up charger. or solar panel.
So what should we download, for its limited life of say five years so we can make hard copies of the information? Is there an everything compendium a sort of encyclopedia Galactica, or even programs that can inform and direct from repairing a car to how to bake bread? assuming there is no internet and it's a closed information system what would you download?

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Books are cool also, they don't need batteries or internet,....

C'mon man, lol

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Less Strouds Survivorman, Ray Mears' Bushcraft, anything with Mors Kochanski for the beginning.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Edable plants knots glue rope snars and traps fishing bait
Murology flintknapping electricity batteries magnets

All things I would want books on for reference incase something I'm doing isent working how I expected

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
that can inform and direct from repairing a car to how to bake bread?

Mechanic (or some decent Dads) and Baker (or most decent Mums) they already know this information, maybe they will trade it with you, I am a carpenter so I can help build/maintain a houses for you, what are you trading for these services?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You can download the whole of Wikipedia.

There are even special ereader devices that use far less battery like a Kindle.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Here are a few quick ones. I'd print them. As stated above, no need for electricity to access.

FM 21-76 US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL (PDF)
How to Build a Soda Can Stove
The Constitution of the United States printable booklet

And here's a catalog of a whole bunch.

Free Survival PDFs, Manuals, and Downloads (2021 Update)

If you really need them printed, I'd suggest making two copies. Put one in a binder, keep it accessible. The other put in layered resealable bags and stash them somewhere hidden. Wouldn't hurt to put a dessicant pack in the bag with the paper.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It seems the energy now and America first was a good idea. Perhaps we can wait for a few more electric cars to come out, and we figure out how to deal with the environmental impacts of the battery building, and recycling/composting.

I love the outdoors, and am not a fan of pollution, but you have to deal with today, before you dance tomorrows dance.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm rather surprised there isn't a central index of survivalist materials here on the forum. At least we have a compendium of Q threads in case anyone needs a detailed analysis of cryptic insider leaks when society falls apart and we have to remember how to brew clean water and build a wood stove and generate our own electricity. Thanks Q.

edit on 9-10-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Agreed but since you can download the whole contents of a library, and still have a load of memory left. It would be a more practical arrangement as a first response.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Back to Primeval ways and Dark Ages means ☠️

Humans turn back to animal wizardry ☠️

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, if there's no power, at least it should be easy to clean the fan.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Here are a few quick ones. I'd print them. As stated above, no need for electricity to access.

FM 21-76 US ARMY SURVIVAL MANUAL (PDF)
How to Build a Soda Can Stove
The Constitution of the United States printable booklet

And here's a catalog of a whole bunch.

Free Survival PDFs, Manuals, and Downloads (2021 Update)

If you really need them printed, I'd suggest making two copies. Put one in a binder, keep it accessible. The other put in layered resealable bags and stash them somewhere hidden. Wouldn't hurt to put a dessicant pack in the bag with the paper.

Thanks for the post for the Army survival.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

No it was elephant doodoo

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The printable constitution got me chuckling. That paper won't be worth much after I use it in the cooking fire.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

originally posted by: chr0naut

No it was elephant doodoo

For that you need a shovel. And an assistant.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No problem. It's definitely a good start, kind of covers everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nah, not quite yet.

But soon maybe.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Slightly different context but still within the scope of # hitting the fan: Trump Rally in Des Moines Iowa tonight at the fairgrounds. Oh, and the planned parenthood book sale is also at the fairgrounds. Not enough info to start a thread until something happens, but the kindle and accelerant there just waiting for a flame.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No offense, but if you are right now looking for the basic information to survive a SHTF scenario you are already too far behind the curve so it really doesn't matter.

And why be so inefficient that you would want to download a ton of knowledge and then take years to print it? Just buy the books.

Also books can help you, yes. Knowledge is important.

However, you are not going to read 50 books about gardening one winter and then have a sustainable garden by the next fall.

You will not read FM 21-76 and then be able to live off of the land or survive in any but the gentlest of climates.

Reading about automotive mechanics will most certainly not make you a good mechanic.

Reading might give you some tips on how to navigate the path, but if you haven't already made the path in the first place then it really won't matter.

An opinion, as always...

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmSat, 09 Oct 2021 18:37:19 -050037 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join