It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walked out of veterans hospital as a employee for the final time today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: holydarkness
he said if you want to get religious exemption I would have to sign a legal document that stated if they found out I was lying about my religion that I would be imprisoned for 5 years and be fined 100k.

Good on you for standing up for your principles, but...

Why not sign the document. It isn't like they are ever going to be able to prove you were lying about your personal, private religious beliefs - unless you some day said you were lying about it.

Anyone who falls for their garbage claim that you have to be a member of some large formal religion that has anti-vaxx as one of it's official tenets is falling for a lie. You don't have to belong to ANY organized religion. Just pick up a copy of the Bible, and find the passages that talk about your body being your holy temple to God, allowing no unclean thing to enter it, etc etc, anything that supports an inviolate Right to being in full control of the integrity of your own body.

ETA: unless of course as someone else said, you were just fed up and didn't want to bow down in ANY way whatsoever - in that case, standing ovation!

Now get yourself to Florida and get a higher paying job in a lower tax jurisdiction!
edit on 8-10-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
78% of covid hospitalizations are obese people. If Veterans and the general population truly cared about stressing out hospital staff they would lose weight to lower covid hospitalizations.

I agree!

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

re·li·gion
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

How do I prove that the god i belive in exist?

You don’t have to prove that the god you believe in exists.

You have to be able to provide some evidence that you didn’t suddenly decide to become a “believer” as a matter of convenience just to get out of this particular rule. That could include evidence that you belonged to a recognized religion that rejects use of vaccines long before this edict. It could include character witnesses who have observed you displaying this kind of behavior in the past and can testify that you are an honest person. It could include a written statement by you describing exactly what your religious beliefs require you to do and not do, where they come from and when you first realized them.

If any of this stuff actually describes you, then you would probably have a very good chance of defeating a legal challenge, since someone would have the burden of proof that you were lying. If you like your job and are not lying, I see no reason to leave your job. The religious exemption was put there to accommodate people with genuine and strongly held beliefs.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

he said if you want to get religious exemption I would have to sign a legal document that stated if they found out I was lying about my religion that I would be imprisoned for 5 years and be fined 100k.

Good on you for standing up for your principles, but...

Why not sign the document. It isn't like they are ever going to be able to prove you were lying about your personal, private religious beliefs - unless you some day said you were lying about it.

Anyone who falls for their garbage claim that you have to be a member of some large formal religion that has anti-vaxx as one of it's official tenets is falling for a lie. You don't have to belong to ANY organized religion. Just pick up a copy of the Bible, and find the passages that talk about your body being your holy temple to God, allowing no unclean thing to enter it, etc etc, anything that supports an inviolate Right to being in full control of the integrity of your own body.

ETA: unless of course as someone else said, you were just fed up and didn't want to bow down in ANY way whatsoever - in that case, standing ovation!

Now get yourself to Florida and get a higher paying job in a lower tax jurisdiction!

I am very fed up I have been caring for other peoples needs for my entire life. I was not working at the hospital because i needed the job but it was because I believe every single life is sacred and if you have witnessed what I have since this vaccine was rolled out then you would have done the same thing.

This order even extends to the volunteers that freely give their time to the va, which 90% of the volunteers are veterans them selves.

If this current administration even remotely cared about you they would not be doing the same thing they Threatened to lock me for 5 years and fine me 100k.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: holydarkness

Good on ya for sticking up for what you believe in.

Also, screw the VA. They suck.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Third, who wants to continue to work for an employer who believes your only value to them is to do what you're told regardless of your ability or well being? Most employers today deserve to be shunned.
a reply to: Deetermined

I admit that there might be more in this quote that I am not seeing, but is that not the whole employer/employee relationship? Regardless of your ability? shoud not have the job don't ya think?... well being? yes that is probably something important, but, does the boss of hundreds of people know the well being of every employee?

I do believe that there is a human aspect in there that you are alluding too, but boss says flip those burgers, I say no . What happens next?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Uh yeah,ya see here is the problem. they would prolly ask for verification of worship,church,and then ask for sworn statements from others in said location and threaten them with the same thing if they were just saying you were a member of said church/group. now how many people will risk possible jail time for someone else? not many.
I almost bet you they would ask you provide proof your God exist just to nail you for some money.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I've been wondering which organized religions are against vaccines? If you don't mind saying, which religion do you belong to, but don't feel obligated just because I asked? It's none of my business but I'm curious.

I'm fully opposed to any kind of forced or coerced vaccinations, in any way shape, or form. I've just not noticed much about which religions it is that tell its members not to get vaccines?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

A more important question is... Must one's faith be legitimized by an acknowledged institution?

If that's the case, then there is no religious freedom.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Like I said I'm opposed to forced vaccination even though personally I've had the shots. For me, it was a personal choice and it should be for everyone.

All I've found so far on my question is that Muslims and Buddhists have no issue with vaccinations. Christians/Catholics/Protestants only if the vaccine is from fetal cells somehow and beyond a few fringe groups (fringe meaning having few members) it's all personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

For the last three, not sure even that is the case.

Basically, the unvaxxed aren't going to receive cover from anywhere.

Let me just say, it's nice to know your position on mandates. I just simply wish there were more of us with that position. Spooky times.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I've just not noticed much about which religions it is that tell its members not to get vaccines?

Just because any specific religion doesn't have anything in their charter/mission statement that they're against it, doesn't mean they still can't believe it.

I mean, look at any armed service manual. Do any of them point out that they want their soldiers to eat? No. Just because it doesn't specifically say that doesn't mean they don't want their soldiers to eat. Have people been pointing this out just like they're pointing out about the religious exemption thing? The answer to that would also be "no."

People have got to use their brain and realize that other people might have different ways than they themselves do - different doesn't mean wrong. People should be more tolerant before they condemn. There are most always situations with others you didn't think of or were not aware of.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Jehovah Witnesses are anti-vax, and even though the Seventh-day Adventist church encourages covid vaccinating, after much waffling, many members are not on board with it. Their whole tenant is based more on healthy living and prayer-based healing, with traditional medicine being more of a last resort. Then there's Scientology.....they're not officially 'anti-vax' but do have a long-standing distrust for the medical field as a whole.
It seems it's a 'how deep is your faith' choice in most of the religions that notably rely on faith and prayer for medical issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Blaine91555, the United States of America has a constitution. The US Constitution has 10 amendments called the “Bill of Rights”
The first amendment is very important to know and understand. Try reading it sometimes....

If you’re looking for biblical understanding as to why some Christians feel these jabs are inconsistent with God’s law then look at some examples of Religious exemptions.

Maybe, some feel that I don’t have the right to not comply to government mandates or edicts but I assure you that I do, and so does every man or woman on God’s green earth.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I think the government interfering with our medical decisions in any way is a power no government should have. Not in any country that dares to call itself free.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I'm not big on the idea that to be Christian means not trusting in science or medicine. Too many things that are the result of fear or mistrust are lumped in with religious beliefs. I think way too often people use their religion as a crutch or just use it as a go-to excuse. I don't want to do something, therefore it's my religious belief.

In my mind, science is the study of God and God's works. We were gifted with intelligence and using that gift can't be wrong. Not using it is where the wrong lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FiddleBackOne

I'm not sure why you responded to me that way? Perhaps reread what I posted? It's important to read and understand a post before replying to it.

I'll say it again. I'm opposed to mandating anyone to be vaccinated against their will, or through coercion through the threat of a loss of income or rights.

Having said that, it does not escape me that not all people who claim religious exemption are honest about the reason. I'm angry they are put in that position in the first place, but question it at times.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

No person should be put in the position of having to prove their objection is a religious one. I don't actually think not wanting a vaccine has a thing to do with religious beliefs. It's our basic Right to have the freedom to get or not get the shots.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Sorry to hear this. It's absolutely wrong. Thank you for sharing your information, and for standing by your principles.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join