It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous virus research should be done on remote islands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
After they leave the island, quarantine on another island and then burn all their possessions before they enter the mainland.

I firmly believe this is a rational course of action when tinkering with something that has the potential to kill everyone on the planet. It's irrational to conduct it in even mid tier populated cities. It's actually insanity. No. Either don't do it at all or do it in a heavily restricted area with severe constraints.

edit on 21-9-2021 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Plum island. Say hello to lyme

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Or the moon.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Or not at all.. I'm sure mother nature can create a wicked virus without our intervention. It's like we want to see our own doom unfold at our hands.
edit on 21-9-2021 by SoundisVibration because: Dang autocorrect

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

What do you mean? They shouldn't be allowed to walk out of the lab, catch a train at the underground station, get out at the airport, get on the plane and be in a completely foreign country without ever going outside. WHO should probe Wuhan Metro Line 2 for spread of pandemic

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
After they leave the island, quarantine on another island and then burn all their possessions before they enter the mainland.

I firmly believe this is a rational course of action when tinkering with something that has the potential to kill everyone on the planet. It's irrational to conduct it in even mid tier populated cities. It's actually insanity. No. Either don't do it at all or do it in a heavily restricted area with severe constraints.

If they were personally infected with the pathogen and were an asymptomatic carrier (like Typhoid Mary was). Burning their possessions would not achieve anything and nor would quarantine. They would become a living host colony.

Although such measures are not without merit, nothing is perfect.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Actually in the middle of the Sahara or Gobi deserts.

Someplace where there are no animal or insect vectors that can bring it out.

You go in, you are stuck there for months.

When you come out, you are in isolation for a month or two before allowed to return to civilization after clearing a battery of tests.

Most problems solved.
edit on 21-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I had a warrant officer friend in the Army who was about to be stationed in Belgium. I can't remember what it was for, but it was a super cush assignment, the type people wait a lifetime for. Like a week before his departure he got new orders...Plum Island. Ha! He was stationed there for like 2 years. It's tiny! You could run it 3 times for a warm up...lol. Oh, the Army.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ooh ooh ooh...I've got the answer! How about, STOP MAKING THIS S### IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! I swear, it's like all these idiots watched every terrible sci-fi/horror flick they could get their hands on and then said, let's do that!

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Choice Duty in Belgium? Probably SHAPE

shape.nato.int...
edit on 21-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

shape.nato.int...

That's possible, though I think it might have been embassy duty, I can't remember. And now that I'm looking at it, I don't think it was Plum Island. I just got on and saw that is the island off the NY coast. I'm familiar with it, a lot of conspiracy comes out of there. This island, if memory serves, was like out in the middle of freakin' nowhere. It was a biological research island, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Pretty sweet if you like NYC

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Or the moon.

Or on the Chinese space station.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

shape.nato.int...

Not sure I’d call SHAPE a Cush assignment.
Also the Belgian police disliked Americans and would stop them if their tires looked even a tad deflated.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why not Antarctica?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why not Antarctica?

Don’t be silly, that’s where the alien portals are. They don’t want testing there.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Or the moon.

Or on the Chinese space station.

Build our own.

No need for ccp junk.

Otherwise agree.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why not Antarctica?

Don’t be silly, that’s where the alien portals are. They don’t want testing there.

I could say the same thing about texas and SoCal but don’t wanna sound rayciss

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yes. They coated the entire island with sodium hydroxide at least once in an effort to kill one pathogen.

That place was a mess.... people and animals coming and going, why wouldn't a pathogen escape?

I think West Nile came from there too.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Because transporting deadly pathogens always ends well.

That lab was build in Wuhan because it was close to natural sources of bat coronavirus. No need to move it longer distances than necessary.

<<   2 >>

join