It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being recruited!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hello. I am new to this thing.

I have been approached by a trusted authority figure (for me, not society as a whole) ostensibly to be recruited by him to some sort of secret society. I am maintaining a healthy scepticism but at the same time trying to play along with the 'tests' I am being set. Thus far these have been phrasal: "Agricola hasta", my response "leonem interfecit." This means the farmer killed the lion with a spear. Then "Bellum magnum", response, "coortum est." A great war is breaking forth. Now I have a clue, which is "you need to learn to make a tie." Then I was briefly asked the response to "leonem interfecit," but told it was "pilum scorpio," to which I was asked the response. These last two words mean Roman javelin or spear, followed by either scorpion or a type of dart throwing machine used by the romans as well. Here I am stuck. I think that the society is catholic based, as this man has trained in the seminary in the Vatican.He has also dropped hints relating to fighting evil as the purpose of the society, possibly supernatural 'evil' like possessions. Again you can see why my scepticism is high, though I like a challenge. He also muttered the name of the group accidently and cut himself off but it had the word "Just" in it. I would appreciate opinions on the likelihood of this man's authenticity, anything about these types of societies, recruitment processes, knowing what I may be geting into, and help with the riddle. Many thanks and happy speculation!!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This may sound simple but why don`t you just ask him what the hell he is on about.Also if you are being recruited it would be if you possed some knowledge/ability so l think you need to sit down and think why you or stop posting made up trash on hear.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

This may sound simple but why don`t you just ask him what the hell he is on about.Also if you are being recruited it would be if you possed some knowledge/ability so l think you need to sit down and think why you or stop posting made up trash on hear.

Thats not very nice now, is it? And it is "here", not "hear" and while we are criticising others, some punctuation would help.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Thats not very nice now, is it? And it is "here", not "hear" and while we are criticising others, some punctuation would help.

Sorry English not first Language and spelling not my best feature Gwirionyn!!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a wind up really, unless you yourself are really into ancient history, Catholic religion and such like.
If you have a job or close ties to this sort thing already, then they could be scouting you for anything from The Freemasons to Al Queda.
My experience with these sorts of things is they will carry you along, as long as you seem interested and mystified by the process.
As soon as you're not they will just bugger off.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From what I understand about the Freemasons is that they will NOT recruit. I have been told this and read this time and again, however, I don't really know as much as I'd like to about the Freemasons...yet. There are plenty of people on this board that are Masons and from my experiences, they're very helpful and enjoyable to speak with.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers,
nufan

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There are plenty of people on this board that are Masons and from my experiences, they're very helpful and enjoyable to speak with.

Hehe, i am a Mason, and by birth too

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Hehe, i am a Mason, and by birth too

Hello, brother. There's actually many masons on this forum.

And I know how much MrNECROS would like this to be true, and probably BELIEVES it's true, but masons do not recruit. At best, they raise awareness of their fraternity to allow people the chance to decide if they would like to join, and pursue it of their own free will and accord.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sounds like one of your friends might be taking the piss, and waiting to see if he can get you to blow him or something...
IMHPPO
(in my humble paranoid pessimistic opinion)

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
Sounds like one of your friends might be taking the piss, and waiting to see if he can get you to blow him or something...
IMHPPO

That is not the type of posting we aspire to here.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
IMHPPO

That is not the type of posting we aspire to here.

All I was trying to say is that it seem like someone is trying to take advantage of him/her.....

Sorry if you don't approve of my terminology....I wasn't being vulgar though, or profane.

[edited due to ineptitude]

[edit on 26-3-2005 by 1wintermute1]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yes Masons do not recruit. Neither do most secret societies. Sounds like someone's pulling your leg to me. I'm not sure the motives are entirely pure either, play it safe, eh?

~Astral

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
definitely sounds like someone is pulling your leg , unless you really do have something valuable - like money - which is probably the case , therefore beware of charlatans !
i really don't get secret societies , are they really doing anything ? all i see in the world lately is evil and destruction . i bet satanists are having the time of thier lives these days .....

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well, let have a bit of reason, now shall we?

No, matter who it might be, the local cricket club, or the Queen, or some evil doers, of some sort. Lets set up some rules?
1) never never never ever, agree to something you do not understand.
2) never never never ever, agree to keep secrets, that you my find immoral
example: You can join my club, and make millions of dollar, but you can never tell anyhow we do this. Agreed? Right, you join, and find out they are a bunch of bank robbers, and slave traders. Well now what? You in over your head now.
3) never take oaths, that you do not understand, completely
Now, lets assume it is some sort of evil cult of really bad guys that want to take over world, and steal everybody's beer. I mean really bad.
What they use for power is blackmail, you join, then at some point you do something bad with them, oh no! Now your guilty too, can't tell anybody now!
Now, let say it's the good guys, the Queen calls you in, and says, “agricolahasta, we need you to save the world.” You say, “me, how?!?”
She says, “you will sneak into some country and assassinate someone evil, well?”
See, right up front, no names or anything, but you know what your in for.

I personally would not get involved, with the Vatican. In fact the more I think about it all it sounds bad.
Here is why, the Vatican is a Church, to fight evil they have priests, right?
So who are these guys? Either, some non-priest evil fighters, the Crusaders come to mind, they were not good guys.
Or, ......there recruiting you to help them do some evil in the Vatican? Gasp!
Why not go to school and be a doctor, like your mum, wants? I smell a fish, and so do you, that is why you are asking, but you can't put your finger on it. The bit about the scorpion, is not very friendly, is it? I say no. Be a man, and avoid this guy, join a football team to take up all your time, till he goes away. Change the subject when he talks about it. Tell him you were talking to your friends about this...He won’t like that, he’ll drop you like a hot rock. Be stupid and immature, till he goes away.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
chapter 11, verse 22. latin vulgate bible. weird numbers

www.drbo.org...

www.chieftainsys.freeserve.co.uk...

can i take a stab in the dark and ask if this is the equstrian order?

join