It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for Sep-Oct 2021 --LEGENDS OF THE FALL-- LF2021 --WINNERS NAMED

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
... How are we supposed to be able to congratulate them if we don't know who they are?

This is all very confusing.

Sorry your a bit discombobulated... I feel that way often myself.

In the main thread post it gives a breakdown on the scoring, points and winners positions.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your title 'non-writer'.

*** in this particular case.. CONGRATULATIONS, you received "Writers Status" for coming in 2nd place.

NON-WRITERS

First Place – Compendium – The Princess and the Dragon 75 points

Second Place - TrulyColorBlind – My Brothers Keeper 70 points

Hope that helped with the confusion,
Johnny

edit on 10/28/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

... How are we supposed to be able to congratulate them if we don't know who they are?

This is all very confusing.

Sorry your a bit discombobulated... I feel that way often myself.

In the main thread post it gives a breakdown on the scoring, points and winners positions.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your title 'non-writer'.

*** in this particular case.. CONGRATULATIONS, you received "Writers Status" for coming in 2nd place.

NON-WRITERS

First Place – Compendium – The Princess and the Dragon 75 points

Second Place - TrulyColorBlind – My Brothers Keeper 70 points

Hope that helped with the confusion,
Johnny

I don't think it helped my confusion! I've been a paid writer since the 1970s. I thought this was an "amateur" affair. So, I shouldn't be able to "win" anything, should I? As a professional, doesn't that rule me out? Isn't it like the Olympics, where only amateurs are allowed to compete, not professionals?

Some things really confuse me, but suppose I should thank.... whoever did it, and made me a writer. Thanks! I think that's a status worth having.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't think it helped my confusion! I've been a paid writer since the 1970s. I thought this was an "amateur" affair.

Lets try this....

The Short Story Contest is open to all members of ATS.

The membership are the ones that voted on your story, and so any accolades goes to them, (please feel free to thank them).

These Contests are for fun, I think (and I'm probably wrong), that you might not accept it for being simply what it is, a happy and fun diversion from the rest of the world.

We have Scientist, Rock/Pop Stars, Rocket Engineers, Aircraft Pilots, Members of the Military, Geologist, Police Officer's, Banker's, Housekeepers, the unemployed, etc., (and yes, also Writers). They like to participate and add to the community, with some feeling this is the only place they feel comfortable in sharing their thoughts, talents or an theory/idea. I myself worked in the Broadcast Entertainment Medium for over 40 years, so suffice it to say that folks from all walks of life gather on ATS.

I don't know what else to say but maybe be grateful that the membership voted the way they did... and so now in our little realm or the Internet world (so to speak) you have obtained an ATS Writers award which will be added to your profile (you need to do nothing, we do this for you).

Were about sharing ourselves with one another... this Contest is a celebration of the "mighty fine creative minds" gathered here at ATS.

I probably didn't do a proper job of getting some point across, but at this time... this would be the best I can offer.
Johnny

edit on 10/29/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners; Looking forward to seeing what topic you come up with for the next contest. Enjoy your writer status

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Look! I'm a writer 😁

edit on 29 10 21 by Compendium because: Added grin emoji

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Compendium

Look! I'm a writer 😁

I saw and Congrats to you Compendium !

Of course we'll expect you to participate more often (Johnny does a terrible version of an evil Laugh).. Mwahaa-haaa-haa !

Johnny

edit on 10/29/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Congrats to the winners.

What an extraordinary contest this was.

(so much fun)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well done all. Looking forward to competing next round.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Well this is unexpected and awesome! I wasn't intending to enter a contest I picked the theme for, but seeing so many inspiring entries, how could I not? I love being a part of ATS writers.
Much congratulations to all the winners and especially those who wrote and entered for the first time. It's great to see staff participants as well. JOHNNY AND YOUR MEMES!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Legends of the Fall was an interesting choice that is also a movie title.

Did they even have "screws" back in those days of the era depicted? If the name for that fastener has it's origin in some lewd act... the West remains wild allover and things typically don't fall when screwed.

Oh BTW, Is it impolite to ask a farrier; How many horses they've nailed?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Is it possible to cash in our points for cookies or those groovy ATS ball caps they used to have. Perhaps rachet up my Karma score; Everyone needs good Karma!!

Kudos to all the participants!!! Art saves Lives!!
edit on 29-10-2021 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Is it possible to cash in our points for cookies or those groovy ATS ball caps they used to have. Perhaps rachet up my Karma score; Everyone needs good Karma!!

Err.. Hmmm...Well.... probably not going to happen anytime soon.

But with that said, an ATS staffer (Crakeur) still keeps the lights on for ATS merchandise.

ATS Merch on Cafe Press

I recently purchased 2 caps, 2 coffee cups, and a Shirt. They were all very nice quality.

Johnny

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

Legends of the Fall was an interesting choice that is also a movie title.

Did they even have "screws" back in those days of the era depicted? If the name for that fastener has it's origin in some lewd act... the West remains wild allover and things typically don't fall when screwed.

Oh BTW, Is it impolite to ask a farrier; How many horses they've nailed?

I did choose the theme based on the movie, which is one of my favorites and in my opinion easily fit a double meaning that could be contest worthy.
As for your question, I suppose it depends on the farmer.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: olaru12

Err.. Hmmm...Well.... probably not going to happen anytime soon.

But with that said, an ATS staffer (Crakeur) still keeps the lights on for ATS merchandise.

ATS Merch on Cafe Press

I recently purchased 2 caps, 2 coffee cups, and a Shirt. They were all very nice quality.

Johnny

WHAT????
WE CAN STILL GET MERCH?
OMG!
Crakeur

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What about my shirt!!!😂🤣

PS congrats to all the writers, this was a cool subject!!

edit on 29-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well color me shocked and happily surprised!! (I'm guessing that color would be a purple morphing into green). I had no idea that we could still purchase ATS merch! I've wanted some of these things since 2008. I hope Customs doesn't consider them to be subversive.
Really good news!

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Excellent theme, because it was so open-ended and interpretive. I mean, look at ALL the variants that your theme produced!!!! I can't WAIT to see what you'll come up with next!!! [no pressure
]

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Congratulations to all of our winners! I enjoyed all of the stories whether they won or not. This is my favorite part of ATS.
A special thanks to the mods that make this happen for us.

edit on 29-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I’m getting an image…

Johnny in a Winnebago, drinking coffee from an ATS mug.

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I’m getting an image…

Johnny in a Winnebago, drinking coffee from an ATS mug.

You forgot the force-field surrounding the Winnie... and sorry... no Coffee, but some wonderful Chai Tea.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join