It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scum Hackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do you realise that public network is better than private?

If you look at your properties under internet connection, it will tell you that with public network, no one can see your PC as its hidden and they also cant use your printer or file share! You would think like me that Private Network would do what Public network does but it does the opposite, private network allows your PC to be discoverable and can file share and use printer etc...

So be careful what you have yours set as as you may be confused like me and if you get some random caller proclaiming to be working for Microsoft or one of the phone networks and they proceed to tell you what you already know... that your network is public and should be private... you know they are trying to hack into your system.

Be warned!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

If you look at your properties under internet connection, it will tell you that with public network, no one can see your PC as its hidden and they also cant use your printer or file share! You would think like me that Private Network would do what Public network does but it does the opposite, private network allows your PC to be discoverable and can file share and use printer etc...

So be careful what you have yours set as as you may be confused like me and if you get some random caller proclaiming to be working for Microsoft or one of the phone networks and they proceed to tell you what you already know... that your network is public and should be private... you know they are trying to hack into your system.

Be warned!

Don't make your network public. Have a password of over 26 letters numbers and characters.
Nobody is hacking into mine.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Want to bet ? Long password won’t save you. Not bad to have them but Bluetooth is an open door to your empire and considering the IOT today it’s not if but when you will be hacked and if applies to if you even know it. Chances are you will not

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Superecho2021

Want to bet ? Long password won’t save you. Not bad to have them but Bluetooth is an open door to your empire and considering the IOT today it’s not if but when you will be hacked and if applies to if you even know it. Chances are you will not

I operate off of a certified hacker's network at home....pretty sure this stuff is safe. lol
At work...well...lol
I dont use bluetooth on my computers.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I hadn't heard/read anybody else say it, but that's what I've always thought. Just by going off the network description, private seems to just make you more visible.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Are you talking about the MS windows OS network settings?
I don't expect indian scamcenters to be linked to your network settings.
They just call everybody on the planet...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just leave everything wide open, then if I ever get in trouble, I have plausible deniability.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: oweyoueightone2
I just leave everything wide open, then if I ever get in trouble, I have plausible deniability.

Hmmm that is a very interesting thing to ponder....lol
Gotta give credit when due.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Neither are the slightest barrier to network intrusion. Your firewall is more protective but easily bypassed.

Most network compromises begin with someone 'exploring' their target. Usually on social media, but also through links or apps in phishing e-mails, instant messaging, or even 'phone calls.

Consider all those weird quizzes on social media, they are just looking for hints about authenticators you may have used in setting up your logons. So, when they try and guess your password and it prompts for additional information, they have a targeted list.

Another method for hacking a company, is to courier then a parcel to someone who is on extended leave. The parcel contains a battery and a mobile/WiFi/Bluetooth circuit board, like one out of an old mobile 'phone, and sits there inside company premises under full control of the remote hackers. By the time the box is opened, the battery is flat. Usually, the hacker puts a packing slip inside the box with someone else's name and an anonymous (PO Box) type return address for the sender. The employee finding something that apparently was sent to them by mistake, returns the equipment to the hackers, without being any the wiser. It is only cheap anyway so hackers know if it never gets returned, it's no real problem.

Or the hacker may drop a flash drive in the carpark with an autorun malicious app, usually a remote access trojan, on it. People find the USB stick and plug it in to their PC just to see what's on it.

There are all sorts of ways to get into a network and the best defense is to be suspicious and careful. Anything connected is a target for hackers. Linked devices more-so.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That’s good lol but don’t have to use Bluetooth for it to be a back door. People screen cast to tv’s and vice versa. Alexas has access to everything IOT, printers, home thermostats and even faucets and refrigerators nowadays.

Bluetooth can be easily controlled remotely by email to computers, remote access and even codes sent to devices discoverable or not. The really good guys don’t even need internet to get somebody. Not something seen as much today but still some take laptops to Starbucks or wherever and infrared can download and upload to computers.

Just best to not use for financial or other info you want to keep confidential. Unfortunately we are all mostly past that point and about at a point where it’s the only way to do anything…sad

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow... this thread gave me a migrain... so rubbish info..

Just ouch..

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Honestly unless you are one of the most experienced "hackers" you really do not stand a chance. And even for them if they slip...well game over.
Now there are certain steps you can take to keep information secure but even then it still is vulnerable for even a fraction of the time it could be. Many doors are always open and can easily be taken advantage of.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

And the one and true expert has arrived everyone !! Yet has nothing to say as likely has no clue

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Superecho2021

That’s good lol but don’t have to use Bluetooth for it to be a back door. People screen cast to tv’s and vice versa. Alexas has access to everything IOT, printers, home thermostats and even faucets and refrigerators nowadays.

Bluetooth can be easily controlled remotely by email to computers, remote access and even codes sent to devices discoverable or not. The really good guys don’t even need internet to get somebody. Not something seen as much today but still some take laptops to Starbucks or wherever and infrared can download and upload to computers.

Just best to not use for financial or other info you want to keep confidential. Unfortunately we are all mostly past that point and about at a point where it’s the only way to do anything…sad

Im good and in great hands. Thanks for your concern

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I doubt it lol but good luck as you need it and I didn’t offer anything anyway

edit on 17-9-2021 by Superecho2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Superecho2021

No, please carry on with your uber misunderstanding of anything. Please..

edit on 17-9-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Superecho2021

Make sure you clean your cookies too!!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I hadn't heard/read anybody else say it, but that's what I've always thought. Just by going off the network description, private seems to just make you more visible.

Apparently it does which i didn't know until I viewed my networks properties

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

Are you talking about the MS windows OS network settings?
I don't expect indian scamcenters to be linked to your network settings.
They just call everybody on the planet...

yes... windows!

And yes.. Indian/Asian Scammers

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Awww , hades.
Firewalls are the best.
Take a look at defender and see all the things it has blocked .

If you had 5 PCs you would understand why .
Network discovery is a good thing , then .

edit on 9/17/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join