It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove filmed Busting some Moves at a nightclub in Aberdeen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
My post history will show I have no time for posh twit Michael Gove but credit where credit is due on this one.
Gove was said to be in Aberdeen visiting family and friends at the weekend when after the pub shut and hearing the music above he went upstairs to where a Techno and Jungle night was in full swing , the British Cabinet minister then went on to dance the night away with the stunned locals.

People at the club reportedly said Mr Gove appeared to be on his own so credit for that as well , a Tory government Minister on his own in Scotland ! , hunting season is all year round for them.

Adam Taylor, co-manager of Pipe, said Mr Gove had been in the O'Neill's pub downstairs and appeared interested when he came out and heard music.
Mr Taylor told the PA news agency: "I asked if he wanted to come upstairs and if he liked dance music and explained to him 'it is pretty lively music, are you sure it's your kind of night', making sure he actually wanted to come up.

"He said 'I love to dance' and I said 'it's Β£5 to come up' and he said 'even for the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster?'"

Once in the club, Mr Gove threw himself into the spirit of things, dancing to the jungle and techno music, Mr Taylor said.
news.sky.com...

edit on 30-8-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Theres still hope for us oldies

Love a bit of Jungle.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I really want to say "Cringe"
And I really want to dis the guy for not wearing a mask like he tells us all to do.
And yes,he is one strange oddball.
And yes,he forgot to change out of his"politician outfit"-which is bad form for clubbing.

But..

He seems to be enjoyng himself and I did get a laugh from it.
Maybe he's trying to rebrand himself as Michael Groove?

TBF he is a better dancer than his day job.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Eezer Goode 'Eezer Goode He's Ebeneezer Goode
'Eezer Goode 'Eezer Goode He's Ebeneezer Goode
He's Ebeneezer Goode

something strange that way went...

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He likes to move it move it.
He likes to move it move it.

Jungle drum and bass is great. Miss the jungle and dancehall parties from the Caribbean.

The more time these political critters spend dancing, the less time they have to wreak havoc with their politics. Maybe we should lobby for live DJ's in the houses of parliament. We can all dance our way to unity.

A guy can dream.

Cheers πŸ•ΊπŸ½πŸ‘―πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ‘―πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘―πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸ½

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
At least he appears to be enjoying himself-or is that just the reptilian entity within doing a reasonable impression of what a human looks like when they enjoy themselves?

One things for sure,its not half as cringy as Bill gates dancing at the windows 95 launch.
I won't link that here though as it makes me feel queasy but its there in the dark bowels of the internet for those brave enough to search.

originally posted by: jerich0
Eezer Goode 'Eezer Goode He's Ebeneezer Goode

I tell you what-if it was legal I would love to see Gove properly letting loose on the dancefloor after indulging in some quality disco biscuits.

You just know he would be gurning like a champ what with that rubbery jowly face thing he has.
He'd be lke the politician version of Bez!
THAT would be entertaining to watch.
Almost worth paying the tax we all have to pay.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I smell a publicity stunt.

Remember a few weeks back when they made all that fuss about re-opening nightclubs?

And who was filming it? It appears to be the amateurish effort of a regular punter, but maybe that's how it was meant to come across.

Crazy Michael Gove, another zany, eccentric, blokey cabinet minister.

I'm nuts me, look at me getting down wiv da kids!

Nah.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Gove in Scotland? Unsurprising, seeing as he was brought up in Scotland.

Gove on his own? Unsurprising, because who would want to be friends with him.

Gove in a straight club? Now that's surprising...

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Can't knock him.
Everyone should let their hair down every once in a while - some us more often than others.

Can't imagine Starmer or any of his bunch mixing with the great unwashed in similar fashion.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Absolutely , he's getting a divorce so probably out on the pull.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Can't win can they.

People criticise our politicians for being out of touch with 'normal' people - I'd hate to think anyone would consider me 'normal' - and here we have one of them just trying to have some fun with ordinary people and its immediately criticised as a publicity stunt etc.

No-one's more cynical than me - especially where politicians are concerned - but some times things are simply just what they appear to be.

He's obviously really enjoying himself in the video, he's not harming anyone else.....where's the problem?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Can't imagine Starmer or any of his bunch mixing with the great unwashed in similar fashion.

Apart from their families?

Bodger Johnson's cabinet is made up of very rich, almost entirely privately educated, people.

The Labour front bench is made up of much more common stock.

The MSM tells us over and over that Labour are the elitists, to the point that we no longer question the narrative.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

They are all elitists as far as I can tell.

I don't think I need telling about the backgrounds etc of Tory Party MP's etc.
Just can't imagine many of the current crop of Labour politicians wanting to get out and about like that.

More likely to find them at some wanky, woke Kumbaya singing open mike night or some politically correct unfunny comedy club.
Just the impression I get.

Each to their own.....one of the reasons I wouldn't criticise Gove for his night out in Aberdeen.

I only very rarely read MSM.

top topics

join