It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can Win battles but still lose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You can Win battles but still lose

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's long as this great country exists, we win. I know the terrorist role excited for the lives they've taken, but the United States of America is still the greatest country in the world. And we will fight terrorism for however long it takes. In spite of this lame duck administration. I weren't really able to discern your point in your post, but I felt compelled to reply anyway.

a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Soldiers can win the battles while politicians lose the wars

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

As long as there is a politician making the end decisions, we will not win anything. Remember how well that went for a certain leader in WW2 when HE decided to take full command of everything..

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I suppose there has always been a military notion of a "Pyrrhic victory".
A battle that was won, but at such a high cost that the more-resourced, cunning foe would return even more aggressively to finish the job.
One thinks of the Carthaginians at Cannae, the Zulus at Isandlwana, the Sioux and their tribal allies at the Little Big Horn, or the Boers at Majuba Hill.

Then there's also the notion of wars that proved so demoralizing at the home front that they were lost via television, or to paraphrase The Doors, where breakfast and "the news were read; television children fed".

The US occupation of Afghanistan didn't really fall into either category.

Which makes me wonder what's going to happen should the next 9/11 be orchestrated from that region?
Hold on to your helmets, this might just be a temporary withdrawal, especially as Biden's open border policy is literally inviting terrorist entry into the US.
edit on 1-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join