It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews do not accept Jesus because he did not fulfill all messianic prophecy. Here is a Revelation!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

You also need to stop blaspheming. You aren’t God.

Please make up your mind. You say everything is God, then you exclude me from everything, I think that unfair!

The 'you' that you see as me, is nothing but dust. That will return to dust when this body/mind expires. So I see that "me" as nothing. Whereas I see God as everything. The unmanifested that exists before all manisfestations. So there is no self that is me in the unmanifested. I see God as the only true reality.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

You also need to stop blaspheming. You aren’t God.

Please make up your mind. You say everything is God, then you exclude me from everything, I think that unfair!

I didn’t say everything is God, that’s “Pantheism” which is heresy.

The 'you' that you see as me, is nothing but dust. That will return to dust when this body/mind expires. So I see that "me" as nothing. Whereas I see God as everything.

Pantheism

The unmanifested that exists before all manisfestations. So there is no self that is me in the unmanifested. I see God as the only true reality.

You are a created being, not God. God’s Holy Spirit indwells the adopted Sons of God through a redemptive covenant with His Son, Jesus. But we are still dust, not God.

edit on 8 30 2021 by NOTurTypical because: Added hyperlink

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

Never was what the Real God wanted... leads us back to your OT god

👀

”Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”

John 12:27-28

edit on 8 30 2021 by NOTurTypical because: Code error

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

nah man... God does not need the blood of the innocent

leads back to the OT saying "life is in the blood"

Inflicting pain in general is wrong.. and on the innocent is horrible... the real God does not require blood like that critter...

Sorry bro im not buyin it...

God wants spiritual sacrifice... not painful, bloody, pointless sacrifice

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

nah man... God does not need the blood of the innocent

leads back to the OT saying "life is in the blood"

Inflicting pain in general is wrong.. and on the innocent is horrible... the real God does not require blood like that critter...

Sorry bro im not buyin it...

God wants spiritual sacrifice... not painful, bloody, pointless sacrifice

That’s your personal opinion, but that’s not what the Bible reveals, and not what Jesus said. Jesus’ purpose and mission was to die for our sins. To satisfy the justice and wrath of a holy and righteous God against sin.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That’s your personal opinion, but that’s not what the Bible reveals, and not what Jesus said. Jesus’ purpose and mission was to die for our sins. To satisfy the justice and wrath of a holy and righteous God against sin.

Not buying into that at all. Jesus came for the lost Jews only. After He was rejected by the Jews He then included all people but not as as a blanket gift. Still have to be justified to enter heaven. Jesus' mission was to offer the kingdom of heaven to the justified who were, at that time, prisoners in Sheol. No one went to heaven before that time.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I find your god as hypocritical. And now I see my god as true. Jesus was Jewish, and he probably was correct. But I have my own gods. And I am the reborn. This world is torture. I dont belong here. This is hell. God bless.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what you believe. Just believe in something. Also, don't believe me.

Jesus died for my sins? I still had to pay my parking ticket last week. The other gods just laughed. I'm right there with em.
edit on 30-8-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Not buying into that at all. Jesus came for the lost Jews only. After He was rejected by the Jews He then included all people but not as as a blanket gift. Still have to be justified to enter heaven. Jesus' mission was to offer the kingdom of heaven to the justified who were, at that time, prisoners in Sheol. No one went to heaven before that time.

The OT prophets said the Mashiach would be a light unto the nations (Gentiles). This was known before He was born. And in your view I supposed nobody before Abraham was in Paradise? No Adam? No Noah? No Enoch? Abraham was the first Hebrew and father of the Jews, God’s elect before Abraham were Gentiles. 🙄

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

The OT prophets said the Mashiach would be a light unto the nations (Gentiles). This was known before He was born. And in your view I supposed nobody before Abraham was in Paradise? No Adam? No Noah? No Enoch? Abraham was the first Hebrew and father of the Jews, God’s elect before Abraham were Gentiles. 🙄

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You are a created being, not God. God’s Holy Spirit indwells the adopted Sons of God through a redemptive covenant with His Son, Jesus. But we are still dust, not God.

Do you deny Genesis that adam was made in the image of God? The body and mind (eve) was created from dust. The soul (adam) is a branch of the tree that is God. That allows all breathing creatures to experience conciousness. Without that conciousness we could not exist.

Sin is the forgetting of the soul. Whilst we exist as the mind and body we will experience death when the mind and body expires. If we surrender to the love within the soul. The eye of the soul will correct the eye of the mind. So both eyes become one... (Matthew 6:22). No longer experiencing death. As the unmanifested is neither born, nor can it die,

When Jesus spoke, he did not speak from his mind and body, but from his soul. So when he said you must believe in "me". He was not referring to beleif in his manifested body, but belief in our unmanifested soul .... (Matthew 7:21-23).

But most love the concept of their individual self moreso than they love God. The price for the one great pearl being more than they willing to pay. The price of giving up all of what their mind desires (Luke 14:26) too much to ask. They will die in their sins mistakenly thinking they can have their cake and eat it also.

When we rise above all the dogma that exists in our minds, only God remains .... Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Adam and Eve were both bene ha’Elohyim, (sons of God). Meaning a direct creation of God. However, the Bible says everyone after them is a son of Adam. We aren’t direct creations of God. The good news is that through Christ was can be adopted as sons of God.

The “soul” is referred to as a person’s “heart” idiomatically in the Bible, that’s a person’s mind, will, and emotions. If you are born again by the Holy Spirit, the Bible says you are given a new spirit and the Holy Spirit then takes His residence inside you.

But we are still dust, created beings. Not God, and will never be God. 👇

”Ye are my witnesses, saith Yahweh, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am Yahweh; and beside me there is no saviour.”. - Isaiah 43:10-11

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
quote]

Yes there were many people in Sheol before Sheol was divided and known as hell and paradise. Paradise became known as Abraham's Bosom and was finally reveled as separation from the good souls and bad souls. After the righteous souls were freed from Sheol and offered celestial status the portion where bad souls were confined remained in Sheol and became known as Hades or hell.

The word Mashiach Aramaic/Hebrew was Anointed One. Every king and priest was a Meashiach.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I know, which is why I used the definite article “the” in front of Messiah so it would be clear I was speaking of the Mashiach unique and different from all the others. The promised Savior and King.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Akragon

Now you're just playing ignorant. Just because our spirits return to God for judgement doesn't mean that they go to heaven for it to happen, like I already told you, but you choose to ignore it. SMH

We weren't created in heaven and not every soul will permanently reside there after death.

In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Hebrew neʹphesh and the Greek psy·kheʹ. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. To many persons, however, “soul” means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. Others understand it to be the principle of life. But these latter views are not Bible teachings.

Josh. 11:11: “They went striking every soul [Hebrew, neʹphesh] that was in it with the edge of the sword.” (The soul is here shown to be something that can be touched by the sword, so these souls could not have been spirits.)

“The belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture.”—The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

Can the human soul die?

Ezek. 18:4: “Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.” (*Hebrew reads “the neʹphesh.” KJ, AS, RS, NE, and Dy render it “the soul.” Some translations say “the man” or “the person.”)

Acts 3:23: “Indeed, any soul [Greek, psy·kheʹ] that does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.”

Is the soul the same as the spirit?

Eccl. 12:7: “Then the dust returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit [or, life-force; Hebrew, ruʹach] itself returns to the true God who gave it.” (Notice that the Hebrew word for spirit is ruʹach; but the word translated soul is neʹphesh. The text does not mean that at death the spirit travels all the way to the personal presence of God; rather, any prospect for the person to live again rests with God. In similar usage, we may say that, if required payments are not made by the buyer of a piece of property, the property “returns” to its owner.) (KJ, AS, RS, NE, and Dy all here render ruʹach as “spirit.” NAB reads “life breath.”)

Eccl. 3:19: “There is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit [Hebrew, ruʹach].” (Thus both mankind and beasts are shown to have the same ruʹach, or spirit.)

Does conscious life continue for a person after the spirit leaves the body?

Ps. 146:4: “His spirit [Hebrew, from ruʹach] goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (NAB, Ro, Yg, and Dy [145:4] here render ruʹach as “spirit.” Some translations say “breath.”) (Also Psalm 104:29)

What is the origin of Christendom’s belief in an immaterial, immortal soul?

“The Christian concept of a spiritual soul created by God and infused into the body at conception to make man a living whole is the fruit of a long development in Christian philosophy. Only with Origen [died c. 254 C.E.] in the East and St. Augustine [died 430 C.E.] in the West was the soul established as a spiritual substance and a philosophical concept formed of its nature. . . . His [Augustine’s] doctrine . . . owed much (including some shortcomings) to Neoplatonism.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 452, 454.

“The concept of immortality is a product of Greek thinking, whereas the hope of a resurrection belongs to Jewish thought. . . . Following Alexander’s conquests Judaism gradually absorbed Greek concepts.”—Dictionnaire Encyclopédique de la Bible (Valence, France; 1935), edited by Alexandre Westphal, Vol. 2, p. 557.

“Immortality of the soul is a Greek notion formed in ancient mystery cults and elaborated by the philosopher Plato.”—Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970, p. 35.

“Do we believe that there is such a thing as death? . . . Is it not the separation of soul and body? And to be dead is the completion of this; when the soul exists in herself, and is released from the body and the body is released from the soul, what is this but death? . . . And does the soul admit of death? No. Then the soul is immortal? Yes.”—Plato’s “Phaedo,” Secs. 64, 105, as published in Great Books of the Western World (1952), edited by R. M. Hutchins, Vol. 7, pp. 223, 245, 246.

“The problem of immortality, we have seen, engaged the serious attention of the Babylonian theologians. . . . Neither the people nor the leaders of religious thought ever faced the possibility of the total annihilation of what once was called into existence. Death was a passage to another kind of life.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., p. 556.

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal (One Myth Leads to Another)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Deetermined

Jesus said no man has ascended to heaven BEFORE the atonement and resurrection. After those events Jesus took the righteous dead in Paradise with Him to heaven. Before the atonement Hades had two sections separated by a great chasm, torments in flame in one side and Abraham’s Bosom (Paradise) on the other side of the chasm. After the atonement and at the resurrection Jesus emptied Paradise and took the righteous dead spirits/souls with Him to heaven.

Another one that conflates spirits and souls (see my previous comment, in particular the Bible's answer to the question "Is the soul the same as the spirit?").

Summing up the difference:

Spirit:

The Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma, often translated “spirit,” have a number of meanings. All of them refer to that which is invisible to human sight and gives evidence of force in motion. The Hebrew and Greek words are used with reference to (1) wind, (2) the active life-force in earthly creatures, (3) the impelling force that issues from a person’s figurative heart and causes him to say and do things in a certain way, (4) inspired expressions originating from an invisible source, (5) spirit persons, and (6) God’s active force, or holy spirit.​—Ex 35:21; Ps 104:29; Mt 12:43; Lu 11:13.

Soul:

The traditional rendering of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. In examining the way these terms are used in the Bible, it becomes evident that they basically refer to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal has. (Ge 1:20; 2:7; Nu 31:28; 1Pe 3:20) In contrast to the way that the term “soul” is used in many religious contexts, the Bible shows that both neʹphesh and psy·kheʹ, in connection with earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

The connotations that the English “soul” commonly carries in the minds of most persons are not in agreement with the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words as used by the inspired Bible writers. This fact has steadily gained wider acknowledgment. Back in 1897, in the Journal of Biblical Literature (Vol. XVI, p. 30), Professor C. A. Briggs, as a result of detailed analysis of the use of neʹphesh, observed: “Soul in English usage at the present time conveys usually a very different meaning from נפש [neʹphesh] in Hebrew, and it is easy for the incautious reader to misinterpret.”

More recently, when The Jewish Publication Society of America issued a new translation of the Torah, or first five books of the Bible, the editor-in-chief, H. M. Orlinsky of Hebrew Union College, stated that the word “soul” had been virtually eliminated from this translation because, “the Hebrew word in question here is ‘Nefesh.’” He added: “Other translators have interpreted it to mean ‘soul,’ which is completely inaccurate. The Bible does not say we have a soul. ‘Nefesh’ is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being.”​—The New York Times, October 12, 1962.

What is the origin of the teaching that the human soul is invisible and immortal?

The difficulty lies in the fact that the meanings popularly attached to the English word “soul” stem primarily, not from the Hebrew or Christian Greek Scriptures, but from ancient Greek philosophy, actually pagan religious thought. Greek philosopher Plato, for example, quotes Socrates as saying: “The soul, . . . if it departs pure, dragging with it nothing of the body, . . . goes away into that which is like itself, into the invisible, divine, immortal, and wise, and when it arrives there it is happy, freed from error and folly and fear . . . and all the other human ills, and . . . lives in truth through all after time with the gods.”​—Phaedo, 80, D, E; 81, A.

In direct contrast with the Greek teaching of the psy·kheʹ (soul) as being immaterial, intangible, invisible, and immortal, the Scriptures show that both psy·kheʹ and neʹphesh, as used with reference to earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

So Paradise is in Hades (usually translated as "Hell" in English bible translations) now, eh? That's indeed NOTurTypical teaching. Anyway...

Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell (One Myth Leads to Another)
edit on 2-9-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

a reply to: whereislogic

Another one that conflates spirits and souls..

I didn’t conflate the two, I wrote “spirit/soul” because those are the two parts of the three-part human nature that departs the body when it perishes. From what I know we are spirit beings with a soul (mind, will, emotions) and reside in a physical body to interact inside this 4 dimensional continuum we call space time.

I believe the spirit is dead in a person because of the fall of Adam until that spirit is “born again” by God at the moment they believe/trust in Christ as Redeemer and LORD. In the OT God says He will give man a new spirit and put His Holy Spirit inside them in Ezekiel 36:26-27:

”A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”

And Ephesians 1:13 says this new birth and sealing by God’s Holy Spirit happens at the moment of belief.

So Paradise is in Hades (usually translated as "Hell" in English bible translations) now, eh? That's indeed NOTurTypical teaching. Anyway...

It was also Jesus’ teaching. See His story about the rich man and Lazarus in Hades. Paradise and Hell (torments) were both in Hades, separated by a great chasm. There is a distinction between “Paradise” (Abraham’s Bosom) and “Heaven”, the third heaven where the throne of God is. Paradise was where the spirits (with a soul) of the righteous went after they died before the atonement for sins was made at Calvary and Christ’s resurrection and ascension.

Now post-ascension of Christ the spirit/soul of the righteous dead go to Heaven where Christ is, because now “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord” who is at His Father’s house (Heaven), seated on His Father’s throne.

edit on 9 2 2021 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Except Adam never existed... tis a myth... Even though we know where the "garden" was located...

They were not the "First" people on earth... and it certainly didn't happen 6k years ago...

The spirit was always with us... spirit can not die nor has it ever been dead in Humans

Christ just awakened said spirit within... by realization of our true self which is not physical...

its spirit... and part of God

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Except Adam never existed... tis a myth... Even though we know where the "garden" was located...

They were not the "First" people on earth... and it certainly didn't happen 6k years ago...

The spirit was always with us... spirit can not die nor has it ever been dead in Humans

Christ just awakened said spirit within... by realization of our true self which is not physical...

its spirit... and part of God

Then I suppose we will add this asterisk to the ever-growing list of things Jesus taught that you disagree with, even though you said you only believe the things Jesus said in the Bible.

“Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?” - Jesus

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

yes my friend... but he is not the HE you believe he is...

Said god may be responsible for the creation of our bodies... but our spirit comes from God, which is ever lasting

Amazing thing happened once upon a time... technology which we have never had before...

And Worship of these "gods" which came to this planet... and perhaps were here long before we have documented

Like i've said... theres abundant evidence all over the world which we are slowly discovering

human history is huge... in comparison to what is told in Genesis...

which was conveniently borrowed from early civilizations

You'll see soon enough

edit on 2-9-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join