It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we know about Trump's DEAL with the Taliban before leaving office

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think Obama left about 8000, and Trump lowered it to 4000 with Biden lowering to 2500 before the extremely fast pull out. All out teams were basically out in less than 3 weeks so it was basically a mad dash to get out and a lot of people were not ready for that, and the reality was it didn't need to be a mad dash.

edit on 24-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes it already existed. Yes Trump signed off on continuing funding it. Yes biden canceled it. What don't you get?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
There was still at least 2,500 plus troops there. I suggest you read my last few posts.

There's still that amount there now too.

Sookiechacha said that there were that many when Trump left office. I took him for his word. I thought biden pulled all but 600 out? You both can't be correct. Or is this because biden did a turn around and sent back in troops?šŸ˜‚

So biden didn't pull out any troops and every major news network on the planet is lying?šŸ¤”

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

ā€œis important to note that not only would the proposed Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau not have introduced any new capabilities to the Department, it was never formally established.ā€

www.mediamatters.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It was lowered to 2,500 on January 15th of this year.

In May it was closer to 3,500.

edit on 24-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Trump would not have pulled our troops before removing all Americans and our helpers.

You have no idea what he would have done.

I certainly do, Trump has a track record of loving America and Americans.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Trump is only capable of loving himself and maybe his sexy daughter but I even question those two options.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It was lowered to 2,500 on January 15th of this year.

In May it was closer to 3,500.

I couldn't find how many there were when Trump left office, can you? If there is such a big blow back about biden pulling out so many troops and leaving thousands of American citizens behind surly the number of troops that were there when Trump left office had to have been much greater than the 3k that is there now?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Trump is only capable of loving himself and maybe his sexy daughter but I even question those two options.

Lmao star for that one!

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So what's the big deal then? I heard biden is currently working on getting out all the U.S. citizens? What's with all the blow back? I think it may be due to biden continuing to go along with the pullout plan even though the Taliban broke the deal and took over early? Is that it? I'm hearing reports that the Taliban is causing trouble by not letting Americans reach the evacuation routs and the airport. Also the Taliban said #s gonna be different come Aug 31.

I think also the American people in general don't like the fact that biden is treating the Taliban, you know, a terrorist organization like some normal allied country. He's already talking about giving them aid!

I think we should get all out people out, make sure our allies are out, then bomb the piss out of all the crap we left then leave them alone. And by alone I mean no trading and no friendly crap. But now we got China talking about being friendly with them, we know what that's about...what a mess.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
So what's the big deal then?

You tell me, you wanted the troop numbers.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I now have an image in my head of Trump "loving himself."

Thank you for my nightmares.

Pass the mind bleach. Eeeeew...

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You want mind bleach? Just watch the MSM news for a few minutes.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I quite like our BBC.

Is that a "sheep" thing?

Also, the Daily Mash.

And Viz, of course.

Is that OK?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well here's an interesting piece of under the hood info, for what it's worth.

President Donald Trumpā€™s top national security officials never intended to pull all U.S. troops out of Afghanistan, according to new statements by Chris Miller, Trumpā€™s last acting defense secretary.

Miller said the presidentā€™s public promise to finish withdrawing U.S. forces by May 1, as negotiated with the Taliban, was actually a ā€œplayā€ that masked the Trump administrationā€™s true intentions: to convince Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to quit or accept a bitter power-sharing agreement with the Taliban, and to keep some U.S. troops in Afghanistan for counterrorism missions.

In a conversation this week with Defense One, Miller revealed that while serving as the top counterterrorism official on the National Security Council in 2019, he commissioned a wargame that determined that the United States could continue to conduct counterterrorism in Afghanistan with just 800 American military personnel on the ground. And by the end of 2020, when he was acting defense secretary, Miller asserted, many Trump administration officials expected that the United States would be able to broker a new shared government in Afghanistan composed primarily of Taliban officials. The new government would then permit U.S. forces to remain in country to support the Afghan military and fight terrorist elements.

www.defenseone.com...

Lots more from Miller at the link.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is a good article...

foreignpolicy.com...

America can play a critical role in ensuring a lasting peace in Afghanistan. But a hasty withdrawal based on unreliable promises from a terrorist opponent is a recipe for calamity. A stronger peace can be forged among Washington, Kabul, and Islamabadā€”if every side is willing to wait and deal properly. But if the United States keeps signaling that getting out is more important than peace and stability, the Taliban and others will listen.

Give it a read.
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002021-08-24T17:45:54-05:000554 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

One of those oh-so-perfect "just in time" stories šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

But

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Jeez....We can't get anywhere so long as all we do is lay blame. This is on Biden's watch. Period. Biden controls what we do TODAY amd TOMORROW. I'm willing to allow him some period of time to get this sorted better...though I'll never trust the man. Hard to phathom that Biden is not listening to darn near the entire Defense establishment about this....I know Trump didn't..but that doesn't surprise me..the man was, is an always will be a rouge element. Now, we have another, it appears...just a tad more polite.....though his temper is showing a LOT more than I'm pleased with seeing.
edit on 8 25 2021 by HiddenIdentity because: Edit me dude.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join